gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 11:13:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything really did come from Brian, think about it:::  (Read 4822 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 07:44:12 AM »

Yeah. I think I'll listen to some Buddy today. If I recall right, he would have been 79 years old next month.  Cry
I'm really sad now.. Yeah, guess I'll put my Greatest Hits record on later as well. And just listen. Been some time since I've done that. Best thing to do.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:52:45 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 07:51:17 AM »

Yeah. I think I'll listen to some Buddy today. If I recall right, he would have been 79 years old next month.  Cry
I'm really sad now.. yeah, guess I'll put my Greatest Hits record on later as well. And just listen. Been some time since I've done that. Best thing to do.

Whenever I get sad about Buddy I think of something I heard his brother say on Prairie Home Companion last year. Garrison Keillor asked him what he would say to Buddy now if Buddy were still around and his answer was "Getting old sucks!"  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzY9LPWZxw
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:53:38 AM by pixletwin » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »

I'm really sad now.. yeah, guess I'll put my Greatest Hits record on later as well. And just listen. Been some time since I've done that. Best thing to do.

Whenever I get sad about Buddy I think of something I heard his brother say on Prairie Home Companion last year. Garrison Keillor asked him what he would say to Buddy now if Buddy were still around and his answer was "Getting old sucks!"  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzY9LPWZxw
Thank you so much.. (for the link as well).

EDIT: I dug up this now - it's far from Greatest Hits, but lovely nonetheless:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:39:04 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 10:00:39 AM »

In 62-66 brian wilson was the epitome of the perfect two minute pop/rock song AND THEN he became the epitome of experimentalism and breaking boundries...THE entire evolution of music was all because of him . And Ive NEVER seen anyone disprove that ,anytime anyones ever undermined the BBs theyve never had a legitimate reason why...some people just dont like music and those are very self-loathing individuals .

Yes, BW created Buddy Holly and Eric Clapton too - He is the supreme bean.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx