gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680745 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 08:56:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Full House Revival!!!  (Read 5147 times)
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:42:54 PM »

Because one exclamation point wasn't enough:

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/full-house-revival-1201291167/#

"Cast member John Stamos is reportedly at the head of the idea, along with original series creator Jeff Franklin and executive producer Bob Boyett."

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 02:48:53 PM »

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »

Rocky, it's funny that you responded with Michael Scott. Because of course it couldn't be something like The Office with Steve Carell returning, it haaaaaas to be fuckin' Full House.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:54:00 PM »

Will Mike and Bruce be singing the theme song for the show?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 03:02:35 PM »

LOL
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »

Will Mike and Bruce be singing the theme song for the show?

theme song is already sorted!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBFsJk6PWu0
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »

That should keep Stamos away from any concert involvement so I say GO FOR IT!!  Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 03:22:41 PM »

Someone made this suggestion around a year ago and I think it's a valid one: You build the show around Candace Cameron and Jodie Sweetin's characters (now both with families of their own) and have the rest of the cast do sporadic guest appearances.  My feeling is that is the most feasible way of rebooting the franchise.  I have a hard time not seeing this as a success especially if it's launched on a cable network such as ABC Family or something of that nature.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 03:25:44 PM »

I imagine part of the reason that they've decided to float this idea is because of the 'Boy Meets World' reboot, called 'Girl Meets World'. It's basically 'BMW', except now it's the 'Boy's' daughter meeting the world. I've watched it (daughter digs it), and it sucks.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »

I imagine part of the reason that they've decided to float this idea is because of the 'Boy Meets World' reboot, called 'Girl Meets World'. It's basically 'BMW', except now it's the 'Boy's' daughter meeting the world. I've watched it (daughter digs it), and it sucks.

The problem is with that particular spinoff (and I agree for the most part it sucks) is they really just tried to reboot the "Boy Meets World" franchise using the same plotlines and strategies that defined the original series.  We've all heard that record before.  That being said "Girl Meets World" is doing very good ratings right now for Disney based upon the young audience they are targeting who "haven't heard that record before".

God Bless California
....to sink into the sea
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 04:05:02 PM »

I think I might watch it - but I am not proud of it.
It's part of my childhood...
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »

Has there ever been a "what's your age?" poll for this board? There must be other people here 40+ besides me who...yes, realize that this was a big show for kids at the time... but who have never watched this show and couldn't tell you one darn thing about it (other than the Beach Boys were on it a couple of times).   

...or maybe we old folks just shouldn't be on computers anyway.  Grin
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »

Hated this damn show back in the day. Completely unwatchable saccharine pablum bullfuckery.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 04:56:48 PM »

Surely this is the time for AGD to reveal that he has secretly been a Stamos performance art project all along ...
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 04:58:33 PM »

Hated this damn show back in the day. Completely unwatchable saccharine pablum bullfuckery.

I was a teenager when this was on the first time, and I refused to watch it. It was bad (still is). The thing is though, I have 2 kids, and they went through a period of watching it, and I didn't mind. You know why? Because I didn't have to worry about what the hell they were gonna show. There's so much bullshit on anymore, if there's something on that's half ass decent morally, and they dig it, then have at it.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »

Surely this is the time for AGD to reveal that he has secretly been a Stamos performance art project all along ...

That's insider info. You don't get to know  Grin

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »

I was a teenager when this was on the first time, and I refused to watch it. It was bad (still is). The thing is though, I have 2 kids, and they went through a period of watching it, and I didn't mind. You know why? Because I didn't have to worry about what the hell they were gonna show. There's so much bullshit on anymore, if there's something on that's half ass decent morally, and they dig it, then have at it.

My daughter hates it too. In fact, IT JUST CAME ON and she hurried up and changed it.  Maybe it's a sign of the times, but when a seven year old says she hates a show because it is 'cloying' and 'insults my intelligence', well, that says a lot LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 05:14:30 PM »

actually the theme song will simply be "Forever" with new lyrics sung by Stamos ..

If every house was full and
Could make you laugh
I'd rerun forever (on TV my love)
I ask the script just what we had
Mmm It read forever (together Mike Love my my my my my my my my my my my
my my)
If the  theme song I sing to you
Could fill your heart with joy
I'd sing it forever (together with Mike Love my my my my)
Forever
Forever
the brand new full house show for you

Do do do do do do do do do together Mike Love

Let the show I have for you
Live in your screen
And play forever (TV Land my love)
Forever
Forever
Full house will be Loving you

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 05:58:40 PM »

If this goes through, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike pull one of his old "Full House" baseball caps out of storage and start wearing it on stage.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 06:14:38 PM »

My daughter hates it too. In fact, IT JUST CAME ON and she hurried up and changed it.  Maybe it's a sign of the times, but when a seven year old says she hates a show because it is 'cloying' and 'insults my intelligence', well, that says a lot LOL

do seven year olds commonly use the term "cloying" now?  who ever heard of that?? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »

I know, right?! Girl has a pretty big vocabulary for her age.

JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »

do seven year olds commonly use the term "cloying" now?  who ever heard of that?? 

Kids are being taught foreign languages in elementary school these days.  That sort of stuff was unheard of in the era in which I grew up.  The pace of the educational system in this country is moving at a faster rate than ever although at least in my opinion the results of which aren't necessarily evident as far as the amount of actual knowledge kids today possess. 

God Bless California
....to sink into the sea
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 10:03:48 PM »

If only The Beach Boys had appeared on The Brady Bunch or The Partridge Family so I could share in these generational wink and nods.  Afro

Come to think of it...why DIDN'T they? Were they only invited on Full House because Stamos had enough clout by that point to get whatever he wanted? Was it a tough sell to the producers? This had to have been pre-Kokomo, right?

I do, however, remember seeing them on TJ Hooker in the early 80's. In the plot for that episode, The Beach Boys were supposed to have grown up with Shatner (of course, Shatner is a good 10 years older than the guys). At the big blow-out concert at the end of the episode Carl mentions him from the stage and says they used to call TJ "....the big kahuna". Shatner smiles and salutes back and the credits roll. I wish I was making this up.

GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 10:11:03 PM »

Wow! It's actually on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge-7m2CjGQ4

Worth it just to watch Shatner dance to "Barbara Ann"...
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 10:17:15 PM »

TJ Hooker

That is just such an unbelievably terrible name for a person.
It had to be a writer's joke.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx