gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:02:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 11  (Read 4788 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:46:56 PM »

As one person over on the Hoffman board uncovered, the new Bob Bootleg set is already set for release and everything. Not even a single press release. Although, they are releasing that new album made of old, unrecorded Basement Tape songs a week later. One that every Dylan fan has been looking forward to will, it will now finally be released on November 4th.

CD: http://www.amazon.com/Basement-Tape...615&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=bob dylan botleg 11
Deluxe http://www.amazon.com/Basement-Tape...615&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=bob dylan botleg 11
Vinyl: http://www.amazon.com/Basement-Tape...615&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=bob dylan botleg 11

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Only two.. long... months to go.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:43:06 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:35 AM »

This is so fantastic.

Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 01:37:34 AM »

The amazon tracklisting has 2 discs and 38 songs for the normal CD release Sad

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:42:28 AM »

As much as I'd like the boxset...it's too expensive - but the cheap CD will not satisfy anyone.

Love will find a way.

Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 06:16:47 AM »

Tracklist here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-complete-basement-tapes-bootlegs-released-november-20140826
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:41:14 AM »

Fantastic. I'll be getting the box.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 09:39:13 PM »

Here's a preview track, which I stole from the Rolling Stone website's source code. It sounds pretty good, considering the sound quality of other Basement Tape releases (the 1975 original, the outtakes on BT 1-3), which I am pleasantly surprised by. It's labeled as an alternate take, so it's apparently different than the one heard on the 1975 release. It's a bit short, and I'm not sure if the song ends that abruptly or if they decided to only give us part of the song.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 12:30:12 PM »

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/bob-dylan-bootleg-series-volume-11.html
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »

This is the GREATEST RELEASE EVER IN HUMAN, DINOSAUR OR ANY OTHER HISTORY, TOPPING THE BIBLE, HANDEL'S MESSIAH, THE GREAT PYRAMIDS, ALL OPERAS EVER MADE, THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING, THE GRAND COULEE DAM AND THE BIG BANG!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I CAN LIVE AGAIN!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 12:45:51 PM »

This is the GREATEST RELEASE EVER IN HUMAN, DINOSAUR OR ANY OTHER HISTORY, TOPPING THE BIBLE, HANDEL'S MESSIAH, THE GREAT PYRAMIDS, ALL OPERAS EVER MADE, THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING, THE GRAND COULEE DAM AND THE BIG BANG!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I CAN LIVE AGAIN!

Yes!!  Grin
PhilCohen
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »

Due to the long-term postponement of the two Paul McCartney & Wings boxed sets, and the uncertain status (possibly cancellation) of the "George Harrison-The Apple Years" box, this frees up some funds to buy the 6-CD "Bob Dylan-The Bootleg Series Vol.11" box, and perhaps also the King Crimson 26-disc set "Starless".

But I would advise not to preorder the Dylan set too early. Amazon,as is their recent tendency, is hanging tough at list price. Already, one other dealer(Acoustic Sounds) is offering the Dylan set for preorder at $129.95.... and we are sure to see more competitive prices as the release date gets closer.

Whichever artists and labels deliver the goods with no postponements and B.S. are the ones that will get my dollars. As for those that don't deliver the goods, I say, "If You Won't Rock Me, Somebody Will".
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 01:32:56 PM »

But I would advise not to preorder the Dylan set too early. Amazon,as is their recent tendency, is hanging tough at list price. Already, one other dealer(Acoustic Sounds) is offering the Dylan set for preorder at $129.95.... and we are sure to see more competitive prices as the release date gets closer.

It's not really that big of a deal. You can pre-order it from Amazon and wait until it reaches a low price, and if it doesn't get low enough for you, you can just cancel your order. Also, if you find a better price while your waiting, cancel your order and switch. There's really nothing to lose.
Currently, Amazon.ca has the cheapest price for the deluxe for what equals to about $86.70.
http://www.amazon.ca/Basement-Tapes-Complete-Bootleg-Deluxe/dp/B00MXILU3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409171117&sr=8-1&keywords=basement+tapes+complete

Never mind, they increased the price.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:54:19 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »

Due to the long-term postponement of the two Paul McCartney & Wings boxed sets, and the uncertain status (possibly cancellation) of the "George Harrison-The Apple Years" box, this frees up some funds to buy the 6-CD "Bob Dylan-The Bootleg Series Vol.11" box, and perhaps also the King Crimson 26-disc set "Starless".

Whichever artists and labels deliver the goods with no postponements and B.S. are the ones that will get my dollars. As for those that don't deliver the goods, I say, "If You Won't Rock Me, Somebody Will".

I've read at Hoffman that the George Harrison set will be announced Sept. 2.  WOO!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 02:39:40 PM »

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 03:11:29 AM »

Article by Dyalnologist Clinton Heylin (and a review, just for good measure) here: http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/clinton-heylin-on-bob-dylan-and-band.html
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 11:44:58 AM »

Tomorrow's the big day.
In the meantime, enjoy this groovy unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T6Ry1G2UUI
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

my god Thud

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 12:12:12 AM »

Beautiful package with every tune imaginable, a great annotated history, producer's notes, and a stunning photo book, worth every penny.....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:38:30 PM by Peter Reum » Logged

If it runs amuck, call the duck
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 07:59:31 PM »

It's finally arrived after 12 hours of sitting around and waiting for UPS. He smelled like cigarettes.
I guess I'm gonna crawl into a dark corner and hideout for a while.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:54:09 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx