gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680719 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 04:50:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the reason I am not happy with Mike Love  (Read 1232 times)
Robert James
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:40 AM »

Now I cannot go to the beach without constantly thinking or singing Going To The Beach. Oh but wait, there's more. If I take my 2 year old daughter to the zoo? "Goin to the zoo , Goin to the zoo with my Sophie..."

Same for park and mall. 

Thanks Mikey boy. I owe you one. 

I would let it slide, slide like mercury. silver and quick, poisonous and deadly.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:14 AM »

Now I cannot go to the beach without constantly thinking or singing Going To The Beach. Oh but wait, there's more. If I take my 2 year old daughter to the zoo? "Goin to the zoo , Goin to the zoo with my Sophie..."

Same for park and mall. 

Thanks Mikey boy. I owe you one. 
Try going to the graveyard (two syllables), that might break the spell. Oh wait... "I don't wanna be buried... in a pet sematary..". sh*t. Sorry, man. Tongue
Robert James
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »

Try going to the graveyard (two syllables), that might break the spell. Oh wait... "I don't wanna be buried... in a pet sematary..". sh*t. Sorry, man. Tongue
[/quote]

that is very suitable considering both songs are among my least favorite by great groups... yet both are very easily stuck in my head.

at least in my brain is the footage of Mike/Brian working the song out on piano.

I would let it slide, slide like mercury. silver and quick, poisonous and deadly.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »

Daddy's little Sophie loves shortenin' shortenin, daddy's little Sophie loves shortenin' bread!

Here's the one that sticks with me:

She used to sit and watch TV
Spends all her time with her family
Teenage girl just passing time
Daddy's little valentine
Daddy's little girl is all grown up
And now a million guys have all shown up
And life will never be the same
Braces all gone just like her toys
Talk to her clique and flirt with boys
Right before your very eyes
Your little girl is a big surprise
Fantasies, where anything can happen and does
Fairy tales, happy ever-after, happy ever-after, happy ever-after dreams
She's a fox and a real cutie
Guys are dazzled by her beauty
Gone are all her childish dreams
She's mixed up in teenage schemes
Daddy's little girl has a thing about that, she's breaking hearts they're tumbling fast
Daddy's little girl look at how she's grown, talking with the boys on the telephone

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx