gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:40:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The kindlier face of this board...  (Read 7210 times)
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 08:44:33 PM »

A love thing, it is.

Thank you for sharing these words, Andrew. A lovely post.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:47:45 PM by Judd » Logged

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »

That would make Mike The Emperor, right?  Roll Eyes

He'd shoot lighting out of his good vibrations fingers if he could.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:33:51 PM by Woodstock » Logged

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »

Thanks for the thought PhilCohen.

This may not be strictly OT. Don't care, it deserves a wider audience than The Sandbox.

Over the years this board has had dark times but I will never, ever forget the sympathy and consideration shown to me here five years ago today when my wonderful mother passed away, from all posters including those who rightly had no need to be even civil to me given my treatment of them. That warmed my heart and made those early dark days a little lighter, a little easier. Some have themselves left us, other have moved on but many are still here - you'd think we'd have found something better to do by now, huh ? - and to all, I reiterate my gratitude and heartfelt thanks. We are basically good people.

This is a really nice thought - thank you for taking the time to write and post it.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 08:48:02 PM »

This is my first post. Though I've been reading this board from some time. I have been living with cancer for a year and a half. During that time, my childhood/teen obsession with the Beach Boys has been fully revived and then some. I listen to their music every day. And I read you guys almost every day--at home, in the hospital, etc. Without being aware of my existence, you've been fine and funny companions. Thanks!

It's wonderful to have you, Ann. We're all rooting for you to stay healthy, and it's humbling to know the copious amounts of dumb things we say is keeping someone company.
Stay a while and post more often.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 09:19:26 PM »

This is my first post. Though I've been reading this board from some time. I have been living with cancer for a year and a half. During that time, my childhood/teen obsession with the Beach Boys has been fully revived and then some. I listen to their music every day. And I read you guys almost every day--at home, in the hospital, etc. Without being aware of my existence, you've been fine and funny companions. Thanks!

Welcome, that's a very lovely post.

Hope you feel better very soon, you have good help  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 01:47:37 AM »

This may not be strictly OT. Don't care, it deserves a wider audience than The Sandbox.

Over the years this board has had dark times but I will never, ever forget the sympathy and consideration shown to me here five years ago today when my wonderful mother passed away, from all posters including those who rightly had no need to be even civil to me given my treatment of them. That warmed my heart and made those early dark days a little lighter, a little easier. Some have themselves left us, other have moved on but many are still here - you'd think we'd have found something better to do by now, huh ? - and to all, I reiterate my gratitude and heartfelt thanks. We are basically good people.

Some of the other forum participants may indeed be good people, but you are (and will always be) the Darth Vader of The Beach Boys fan community. And you are likely proud of that.

After reading AGD's and Annlee's post, I can only say 'thank you' (but not really) for that post. Both totally unnecessary and out of place. One could of course also consider taking an outstretched hand, even if one doesn't really like the other ...

But I might have overlooked the accompanying sarcastic smiley...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:44:24 AM by SMiLE Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 02:10:10 AM »

Best tonic in the world----The Beach Boys' music. And if this board can help you through your day, so much the better. :=)   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 02:35:29 AM »

Some of the other forum participants may indeed be good people, but you are (and will always be) the Darth Vader of The Beach Boys fan community. And you are likely proud of that.

The words "time" and "place" come to mind.
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 03:16:03 AM »

AGD, I'm sorry you ever had see that comment.  And thank you for thanking what is often the finest online community there ever has been.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »

Did the Beach Boys ever record "Kumbaya?"   If so, a link would be appropriate.  LOL

(just kidding, btw)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »

If laughter cured all ills, this place would be the Lourdes of the interweb. Just when you think we're all about to get a room, someone throws a custard pie! … you've gotta laugh or you'd cry!

Welcome AnnLee, I hope this plan brings frequent smiles to your face! Smiley

“We live in divisive times.”
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »

Good post, Andrew. I lost my mom a little more than two years ago, and due to the timing of her death, the TWGMTR album is bittersweet for me. I still can't listen to "From There To Back Again," despite the greatness of the song.

I hope the kind words you received on the board helped bring you peace.

And AnnLee, get well soon and keep posting here.
PhilCohen
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »

Dear Moderators,

I hereby resign my membership in this forum. Please close my account. And do not make my e-mail address available to any forum member. I've had enough of internet forums, and I must act now, to protect my privacy, personal security and safety.

Phil Cohen
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:02 PM »

Welcome Ann, best of luck and hope you will keep posting.   Smiley

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »

Dear Moderators,

I hereby resign my membership in this forum. Please close my account. And do not make my e-mail address available to any forum member. I've had enough of internet forums, and I must act now, to protect my privacy, personal security and safety.

Phil Cohen

I ask that you please reconsider your decision, for this will make stalking you an incredibly difficult endeavor.
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »

thanks agd, this board is indeed very special. i am humbled by the vast knowlege on display, and i lke the friendliness of the board. just clicked over here from a very dysfunctional board that does not tolerate veering too far from the consensus, and it's a relief to see how harmonious smileysmile.net is.
What, the Steve Hoffman board?

A discipline daddy.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »

Goodbye Phil, we hardly knew ye.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx