gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:11:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in new issue of Rolling Stone...interesting...  (Read 7710 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »

In the new issue of RS, the 1000th issue of that mag, there is part devoted to Brian's cover in 1976. In it Brian talks about that day, which was his 34th birthday. Also, it mentions that...Brian is driving again! I thought he was no longer able to drive, but it mentions him driving in this one.

Huh.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 04:16:42 PM »

I've read a few stories in the last few years with references to him driving, it seems like. Not sure that's a recent development.  Good news, at any rate.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 04:25:06 PM »

Amen.

I just love this quote from the article....

"I can tell what I was thinking," Wilson says after studying the photo. "I was saying to myself, 'God, I hope I can keep this robe on so nobody can see my belly!' I was very self-conscious about my weight. When you look at this picture, my belly doesn't look that big because I have the robe on, but believe me, it's big!"

LOL:  I love that.

BTW...the article also mentions he has lost 30 pounds.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 05:18:31 PM »

Hey Billy can you scan the interview for me and send to my email
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 05:22:24 PM »

Sadly, I do not own a scanner. However, I will try to get one of my friends to do it for me over the weekend.

Try http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/1000thphotographers/5/brian_wilson
There should be at least an audio link. I'll see if it works...

edit...Can't get it to work for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 05:26:43 PM by Billy C » Logged

endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 05:50:40 PM »

Brian has been driving for over 20 years.  It was one of the first things Landy did when Brian came back under his care in the early '80s, get him to the DMV to pass his test and get a license again.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »

True, but several people on a "certain" other site have said that Brian hasn't driven since the late 80s-early 90s.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 08:06:05 PM »

True, but several people on a "certain" other site have said that Brian hasn't driven since the late 80s-early 90s.
Hmmm...I just know that Joe Thomas (back in the Joe Thomas days, '97ish) said something in a letter to ESQ to the effect of "Brian still drives his car way too fast around corners", and Steve Kalanich said that when he and Bri got together to start writing again a few years back, that Brian came and picked him up for dinner, alone, and driving.

C-Man
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »

Doesn't Brian drive on West 119th Street in the Was documentary (1995 or '96)?

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 09:34:11 PM »

That scene in the Was documentary was staged. You can see that the vehicle is in fact being pulled. A normal trick used in filming "driving" scenes.

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 09:49:40 PM »

I know for a fact Brian's been driving quite a bit through the last 20 years. When Steve Kalinich had laser surgery on his eyes a couple years ago he told me Brian volunteered to drive him back and forth to the doctor...and he did.
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 10:45:12 PM »

Brian frequently hops in his car and drives over to Mark Linett's studio for sessions.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 01:18:47 AM »

That's really cool, hence my barely held annoyance with those who claimed otherwise.

It really is a fascinating article.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 05:23:23 AM »

Isn't there a story in the Usher Sessions book where Brian drives to Usher's house without trouble, but Landy can't find his way?!
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »

Brian frequently hops in his car and drives over to Mark Linett's studio for sessions.
Hey Alan,

you got me wondering; does Brian still record stuff from time to time, like demos? Or only for events like the recording of Spirit Of Rock N Roll for the new BB cd? Would be honored if you could shine your light on this! Bye! Yorick
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 10:46:50 AM »

....Yorick, my man, the patron Saint of Beach Boy U.
    Good question. I have been hearing that Brian is driving to Linett's studio as we speak, laying down tracks. Informally, with no set schedule. And I guess when he has 12-14 of em, we'll see another cd. YES!!!

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
NimrodsSon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 09:53:29 AM »

Someone should donate a harpsichord and an old conslole piano for putting tacks in the hammers to Mark Linett's studio! ...seroiusly
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx