gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:17:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TAMI show documentary  (Read 1055 times)
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2014, 02:56:08 AM »

http://www.independent.com/news/2014/aug/21/em-tami-showem-rocks-plaza/#commenttoggle

Looks interesting, despite what's written about Brian's touring Roll Eyes

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:53:22 AM »

I really like the TAMI show performances. The Beach Boys were rockin' and Jan and Dean were fun hosts. The Go-go dancers were so 60's and it's cool that Teri Garr and Toni Basil are in the dance crew. Getting a glimpse of other 60's musical greats such as the Supremes, Smokey Robinson, the Stones and Leslie Gore was great, too. I wasn't blown away by James Brown, but I can see how he made an impression at the time. Years down the line,  his whole stage dive and cape routine has become rock and roll schtick, along the lines of "Elvis has left the building." But, seeing that for the first time must have been something pretty wild.  I've never been a big fan of his, but I can see how radical his stage show was in the 60's.

halblaineisgood
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:43:14 AM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:07:35 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:58:34 AM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:06:29 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »

I wasn't blown away by James Brown

Yeah you and a lot of other white people.    
I can see how he made an impression at the time. Years down the line,  his whole stage dive and cape routine has become rock and roll schtick, along the lines of "Elvis has left the building." But, seeing that for the first time must have been something pretty wild.  

Well you were seeing it for the first time, right? I don't get this 'imagine what it was like when it was new' line of thinking. If you only recently saw the Tami show for the first time-then for you, it WAS new....Doesn't matter how old something is.

I've never been a big fan of his

Yeah, if you're not down with the Tami show footage, one could just go ahead and assume that.

Geez. No need to be insulting. I can acknowledge Brown's influence without enjoying his brand of music myself.   I'm old enough to have seen James Brown on other TV broadcasts before I ever got a chance to see the TAMI footage, and it was schtick even then.  And, your "white people" sneer is completely uncalled for. You don't know me, so you can save your condescendingly bitter attitude for someone else.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:30:07 AM by Cyncie » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx