gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:22:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wienerschnitzel commercial  (Read 2242 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »

I saw this commercial a couple days ago, for the hot dog chain known as Wienerschnitzel and I swear there were these harmonizing hot dogs wearing striped shirts.

Reminded me a lot of these humans that used to do the same thing back in the 1960s that some of us enjoy the musical stylings of.

I can't find the video on the internet but hopefully it will appear and the rest of you will get to know the joy I have come to know.

Can't remember what channel it was on, so maybe if we all watch a different channel at the same time for a 24 hour period, we'll probably see it.

No mas, por favor.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:38:15 PM »

Well what do you know? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9uvGs-fD34

No mas, por favor.
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:34:16 AM »

DER Weinerschnitzel
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 08:16:16 PM »

This is the greatest commercial ever.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 08:52:47 PM »

Since 1961, eh?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »

The Der Weinerschnitzel down the street from me finally closed it's doors last month. Surprised it stayed open as long as it did. Hardly anybody went there. I liked it, but there's just so many variations of the hotdog you can try before.........well, it's a cheaper just to go down and buy some Ball Park franks, pop 'em in a bun, mustard, ketchup, relish, and you're set. Costco has big 'ol hot dogs for a buck and some change with all the fixins. DER Weinerschnitzel can't keep up with the other fast food joints. Bring back Foster's and A&W - best burgers in town! Even Sonic and Whataburger ain't bad! Are they still around?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 09:58:18 PM »

Sonic and Whataburger are indeed still around, and there's an A&W about 10-15 minutes away from me.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 10:30:16 PM »

DER Weinerschnitzel
It's amazingly fitting that drums have logo "D/W" meaning Dennis Wilson. Maybe that what led them to use The BBs as a role model for hot dogs?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 09:06:03 AM »

The Der Weinerschnitzel down the street from me finally closed it's doors last month. Surprised it stayed open as long as it did. Hardly anybody went there. I liked it, but there's just so many variations of the hotdog you can try before.........well, it's a cheaper just to go down and buy some Ball Park franks, pop 'em in a bun, mustard, ketchup, relish, and you're set. Costco has big 'ol hot dogs for a buck and some change with all the fixins. DER Weinerschnitzel can't keep up with the other fast food joints. Bring back Foster's and A&W - best burgers in town! Even Sonic and Whataburger ain't bad! Are they still around?
You folks are making me hungry.  Der Weinerschntzel  was my go-to joint when I wanted a hotdog in the 70's, good fries too.  They were only on the West Coast, right?  Some of these places fade with time cause they start cutting corners = quality goes down.
Never seen a Whataburger, but Sonic makes a good old fashion hamburger - never saw them 'til I moved East.  We do have Foster's (not too good), and A&W (still one of the best!), and the place we cruised to in the 60's in my hometown.  Dinners (generic dinners) are the most popular here in the East, they are on almost every corner - make great food all day long.  Very different than the West Coast, as you very rarely see anything resembling heath food.  Folks here call deli sandwich w/chips healthy. The one that really went down-hill is Dairy Queen, they don't even make good shakes anymore.  So did Long John Silver's.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 01:31:51 PM »

DER Weinerschnitzel
It's amazingly fitting that drums have logo "D/W" meaning Dennis Wilson. Maybe that what led them to use The BBs as a role model for hot dogs?
So Dennis was a hot dog? Funny. The D/W logo is their company's initials.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 11:38:26 PM »

So Dennis was a hot dog? Funny. The D/W logo is their company's initials.
Technically, yes. But in that clip, D/W is written on drum kit, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say it means "Dennis Wilson". Just happened to coincide with the company's initials. And agree with Ghosty, very well done commercial, creative & fun.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx