gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 07:04:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Somewhere, there's a person whose favorite Beach Boys LP is Summer in Paradise..  (Read 9166 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »

Summer in Paradise is the first album that didn't have a single track that was of the times. 

Meh.  Lahaina Aloha & SIP both fit the time well enough.  Forever is timeless, so that one does too.
So does the arrangement of Surfin'. It's why they re-did it that way.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
rogerlancelot
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »

The current trend in 1992 was grunge. This album was way out of step and had absolutely nothing at it's core. There is no way possible to turn a new fan on to SIP unless you mixed fart sounds into it but that would be cheating.

I think I just got an idea on how to kill the next couple of hours...
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2014, 04:50:08 PM »

The current trend in 1992 was grunge. This album was way out of step and had absolutely nothing at it's core. There is no way possible to turn a new fan on to SIP unless you mixed fart sounds into it but that would be cheating.

I think I just got an idea on how to kill the next couple of hours...
That was one, another was rap. The one bad rap that this album always gets is it sounds of it time, not unlike what is said of the 1985 album.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2014, 07:50:45 PM »

The cover art is superb. The sound quality is above average. If you own the lp, it would make a nice rolling tray. It has some very famous people on it like Carl Wilson. It was the best Beach Boys album released between 1990 - 1992 (GH collections not included). One of the main songwriters was Mike Love who met some of the Beatles once in India. I could go on and on saying nice things about it actually. Still one of the worst albums by a major rock band ever made. It adds extra space to your cd collection if you can get a hold of a copy.

Yes, but is the CD of coaster quality? I need to know these things before purchasing.
It would need a coat of polyurethane.     Water would ruin the cardboard sleeve.

Crud. Well that's a deal breaker.  I don't mind paying $95 for a CD of coaster quality.  But, not if I have to spend another 10 bucks on a can of Minwax.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx