gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681562 Posts in 27643 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 14, 2024, 12:47:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richie Cannata  (Read 3083 times)
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:35:03 PM »

So, I've recently been hooked to Richie Cannata's tone quality and style from listening to stuff he did with the Beach Boys, and was wondering if he had any solos on Billy Joel albums, or just blended in with the rest of the band. If I could have a list of certain songs he's a featured soloist on, or albums with him (Billy Joel and non-BJ albums/tunes) that would be great. Thanks!

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 04:00:01 PM »

What comes to mind is It's Still Rock and Roll To Me, Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, New York State of Mind, Until The Night and Say Goodbye To Hollywood. He was on most things from 1976-1982 minus the solo on Just The Way You Are, which was done by Phil Woods.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8GQvn8l2E

This is a great video of Only the Good Die Young where Richie, in addition to playing the sax solo, plays the organ.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx