gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:03:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Angelo Badalamenti  (Read 867 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:26:14 AM »

I'm a huge fan of basically anything he does. He is, of course, best known for his numerous collaborations with David Lynch (with Twin Peaks probably the most widely known), but has a lot of other awesome scores under his belt. I dug up his Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me score this morning (goes good with the coffee) and I'm floored (as I am regularly) by his craftsmanship and sheer mood. It just gets me. Like Pet Sounds. So beautiful, it destroys. Weird comparison, but some of you probably know what I'm talking about. Any other Badalamenti disciples out there?

Here are a couple of my favourite scores of his:

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:46:43 AM »

There's a really nice simple little musical moment in Wild at Heart I always loved - it accompanies the sequence where Lula and Sailor come across the delightful Sherilyn Fenn wandering around post her car crash.

Plink plink, plink-plink, plink...

Quite a fan, but always fascinated that he has National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on his CV  LOL

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx