gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680800 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:27:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul McCartney Interesting Collaboration  (Read 1953 times)
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:07:47 PM »

Apparently he's gonna team up with Kanye West. Very odd indeed.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/155964/Kanye-West-And-Paul-McCartney-Teaming-Up-For-Follow-Up-To-Yeezus-With-First-Track-Ps-On-Your-Grave
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »

I'm not a Kanye fan--with Yeezus my least favorite so far--so I'm not especially thrilled. That said, he has worked with Jon Brion before and his work is often pretty accessible in a pop way, so it's not especially shocking. I'm interested, not excited.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 01:54:23 AM »

I like Kanye, he's one of the few people making proper challenging pop music. I'm hoping it's going to be a guest spot like Gold Digger with Jamie Foxx, rather than a joint collaboration. Or maybe Paul's stuff on Michael Jackson's Thriller. A 21st Century The Girl Is Mine style ballad would be awesome.

If BW fans are spitting out their breakfast over Frank Ocean, just be grateful it's not 'Ye Smiley

Actually, Kanye's stuff esp on 808's & Heartbreak is an example of great use of the autotune effect.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 02:01:16 AM »

Yeah, I'm interested. I'm not really a Kanye fan either, but he's one of the more interesting artists in mainstream contemporary music in that he takes risks and isn't afraid to try new things. Sure, many times he fails (I only really like about half of both Dark Twisted Fantasy and Yeezus), but I'd rather watch him try something new and fail any day than hear the same formulaic crap that others do.
Little Pad
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »

Seems odd on the surface, but Yeezy's one of the few mainstream artists around who's willing to experiment, and Macca experiments more than you'd think. Yeah, he's the sappy Beatle, but he was also the first Beatle to get into Stockhausen and, well, have you heard McCartney IILOL

As a fan of both, I'm looking forward to it.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »

See, I'll never get why Paul was called a sappy Beatle. In fact, he was just as weird, even bizarre, as John. Tell me who got the idea for MMT, a strange film w/o any consistent plot that lasts only 56 minutes? Exactly. And that's one of my faves (alone for a mash-up scene & "I'm the Walrus" clip).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 05:16:24 AM »

It's just the old, boring, tired, oversimplified narrative. He DID write some sappy songs. He was also experimental, and hard-rocking, and thoughtful. Gotta make caricatures to relate, I guess. The main forum reproved it every day.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »

I'm sort of a fan of Kanye's music-I just hate all of his non-music bullshit.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx