gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:52:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey Ho!  (Read 10675 times)
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »

Hi folks,

my name is Rüdiger and I love The Beach Boys. I have been lurking the forum for quite a few years, but finally decided to join. I live in Mannheim in Germany and have been a Beach Boys fan since my teenage years (started with Fun Fun Fun, Barbara Ann and Surfin' USA). Then I fell in love with the rest of their music.

Other music that I love includes pop punk, power pop, surf music (instrumental and vocal), Beach Boys rip off bands (Explorers Club etc.). I also play in a pop punk band and we have a huge Beach Boys influence, too. I even wrote a song about Brian.

So I'm looking forward to read and write about The Beach Boys. But I have to warn you, I probably won't have that many new or interesting things to say.

So long ,
Rüdiger
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 10:52:43 AM »

Welcome Rüdige! It doesn't matter if you don't have anything new to say, I sure as hell don't. Most topics have been covered. But the story of the Beach Boys continues and so does our fandom. Have fun sharing your love for the Beach Boys with us! Hey, I too have been in punk bands (it's how I spent most of my teens and 20s). One of my old punk bands did a Ramones-sounding version of Shut Down. I think we shortened the song to about one minute 25 seconds. We were lucky enough to open for The Damned (!!).

Welcome aboard!

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »

Welcome Rüdige! It doesn't matter if you don't have anything new to say, I sure as hell don't. Most topics have been covered. But the story of the Beach Boys continues and so does our fandom. Have fun sharing your love for the Beach Boys with us! Hey, I too have been in punk bands (it's how I spent most of my teens and 20s). One of my old punk bands did a Ramones-sounding version of Shut Down. I think we shortened the song to about one minute 25 seconds. We were lucky enough to open for The Damned (!!).

Welcome aboard!

Thanks and that's so cool that you opened for the Damned
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 11:08:14 AM »

Welcome, Rüdiger. Always nice to see another 'neighbour' of mine join the board.  Smiley

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bluesno1fann
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 09:31:12 PM »

Welcome to the Forum!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 02:32:29 PM »

Welcome Rudiger,  hope you enjoy the board.  Hey Ho!  - Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 03:23:21 PM »

Hi all,

Welcome to the SSMB!!!
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 12:50:02 AM »

Hi & welcome! What surf bands are you fan of? Any obscure names? I heard BBs fanbase in Germany is as strong as in the UK & Japan - lucky you!

I even wrote a song about Brian.
Like to share?

But I have to warn you, I probably won't have that many new or interesting things to say.
Time will show, altho, I wouldn't call you a bore; some nice comments, in fact.

My favorite instrumental surf bands are Blue Hawaiians, Vanduras, Aqua Velvets, Bambi Molesters, Leopold Kraus Wellenkapelle and our local band Necronautics. They are so awesome
My favorite vocal surf bands are Fantastic Baggys, Jan & Dean, the usual suspects.

Here's my song about Brian. It's called The life of Brian. I hope you enjoy it!

http://thebarbecuties.bandcamp.com/track/the-life-of-brian
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 02:46:30 AM »

I like the name of your band, imagine this. You have a gig in Texas*, the announcer calls you out "Barbie Cuties!" & people obviously expect to see girls, but then you all show up on stage & the audience is laughing. Some of the members goes to mic to say, "No, we are B-A-R-B-E-C-U-T-I-E-S" - y'know, we like meat. Btw, someone tell us where is your nearby barbershop? we're HUNGRY, YEAH!" (the crowd yells)

*afaik, it's a state famous for its farming, corn bread & stuff.

Now, the tune. I really dug it, anything that sounds remotely festive is right up my alley. The intro is very Christmasey. Cool vocal too. The song could easily turn up on the Ramones tribute album. 5 stars.

Glad you like the song. Had to laugh at the Barbecuties story, because 3/4 of our band are actually vegetarians. But we still love to barbecue. We just don't grill real steaks, but rather this

Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 10:17:01 AM »

Cowgirl Veggie Steaks
Well, that title only reinforces my theory about "Barbie Cuties". I thought there's only a word "cowboy". Anyway, are you gonna buy the new Brian rec when it comes out? Do you like any collaborations on there? To me, it's Lana Dull Rey who ruins it. Your turn.

Of course I'll buy the new Brian album when it comes out. I'm actually really looking forward to the collaboration with Lana Del Rey, because I love her music and her voice. I'm not sure about Zoey Deschanel. But I think Brian knows what he does, so I'm really looking forward to the whole album
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 05:16:22 AM »

I don't really have many hobbies. I pretty much love music, listening and making music. I love watching all kinds of music documentaries, even about bands that I don't like. Right now I'm watching the Beatles Anthology DVD with my girlfriend. It's awesome.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »

Hi & welcome! What surf bands are you fan of? Any obscure names? I heard BBs fanbase in Germany is as strong as in the UK & Japan - lucky you!

I even wrote a song about Brian.
Like to share?

But I have to warn you, I probably won't have that many new or interesting things to say.
Time will show, altho, I wouldn't call you a bore; some nice comments, in fact.

My favorite instrumental surf bands are Blue Hawaiians, Vanduras, Aqua Velvets, Bambi Molesters, Leopold Kraus Wellenkapelle and our local band Necronautics. They are so awesome
My favorite vocal surf bands are Fantastic Baggys, Jan & Dean, the usual suspects.

Here's my song about Brian. It's called The life of Brian. I hope you enjoy it!

http://thebarbecuties.bandcamp.com/track/the-life-of-brian

Hey , love the track Hot Rod  Grin A cross between The Barracudas and Sheena Is A Punk Rocker (Ramones)
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 10:27:38 AM »

Thanks Rob. The Barracudas and the Ramones are two bands that I really love and that influenced my songwriting a whole lot
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx