-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cliff Richard allegations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cliff Richard allegations  (Read 8853 times)
Disney Boy (1985)
« on: August 16, 2014, 06:56:22 AM »

I hate his music (bar one or two tracks), but I still feel repulsed by the way the British press seemingly knew about the police raiding his house before even he did. Absolutely appalling. No wonder he's pissed off. Feels like one of those events that in years from now people will look back on and go 'Wow, not pleasant...'
The Demon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 04:46:21 PM »

And, lo, he called Johnny Rotten the antichrist.
PhilCohen
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:26:49 PM »

Jedi Duel
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:55:28 AM by PhilCohen » Logged
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 11:59:46 PM »

Who cares if he is gay, other than homophobes and a few disappointed, albeit deluded, housewives.

Regardless, whether Cliff is guilty or not (and I personally suspect not), the police didn't follow correct procedure when they raided his house and if I were the police I'd now be very worried indeed, because if this allegation amounts to nothing then Cliff has got plenty of grounds on which to sue them.

Worth a read:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-way-the-police-have-treated-cliff-richard-is-completely-unacceptable-9672367.html
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 01:44:14 AM »

Well, if the accusations are true, do you think that people in the UK will be surprised?  Cliff has had to be very discrete with what he does in private, to avoid offending the faction of his audience that buys his Christian music. There have been long-standing rumors that he is gay, which he has neither confirmed or denied. He has only gone so far as to state that he lives with a man.

The tone of your post makes it seem like if Cliff Richard can hide being gay, then he can hide paedophilic sexual abuse, and that is not only spurious logic, but hideously offensive and possibly slanderous. You need either to rethink your own worldview on the subject or reword your post.

The people in the UK would be very surprised. Everyone knew there was something wrong with Jimmy Savile, the general public just didn't know what. Rolf Harris was a quirky character, but that was a surprise. Cliff Richard is a cup of tea at your nan's house on a wet Sunday afternoon.
PhilCohen
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 03:01:53 AM »

Jedi Duel
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:54:18 AM by PhilCohen » Logged
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 03:22:47 AM »

Well, if the accusations are true(note I said "If"), then he certainly wouldn't want to advertise any potentially illegal activity. I'm not making an anti-gay statement(I'm not offended by homosexuality),but obviously, some deeply religious people in Mr.Richard's fan base WOULD be offended by gay activity, even legal gay activity. As for gay(or even straight) activity with a minor, much depends on what the age of consent is in a particular country, or what the age of consent was at the time of the alleged act. Note: unlike in the Harris & Saville cases, where the accusers were female, the accuser in the Richard case is male.

Don't distort the meaning of my post, to interpret it as gay-bashing, because it isn't.

Actually, Savile's victims were female and male.

I suspect (and hope) Cliff is innocent. I would love it if this whole situation prompted him to come out - purely because it'd annoy a lot of religious people (who use their religion as a means to justify their homophobia).
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »

Well, if the accusations are true(note I said "If"), then he certainly wouldn't want to advertise any potentially illegal activity. I'm not making an anti-gay statement(I'm not offended by homosexuality),but obviously, some deeply religious people in Mr.Richard's fan base WOULD be offended by gay activity, even legal gay activity. As for gay(or even straight) activity with a minor, much depends on what the age of consent is in a particular country, or what the age of consent was at the time of the alleged act. Note: unlike in the Harris & Saville cases, where the accusers were female, the accuser in the Richard case is male.

Don't distort the meaning of my post, to interpret it as gay-bashing, because it isn't.

Actually, Savile's victims were female and male.

I suspect (and hope) Cliff is innocent. I would love it if this whole situation prompted him to come out - purely because it'd annoy a lot of religious people (who use their religion as a means to justify their homophobia).

Who knows if he's guilty or not but the way this has been conducted so far is a witchhunt.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
PhilCohen
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »

Jedi Duel
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:02:01 PM by PhilCohen » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »

There are some relevant questions here. One, is whether gay people are more likely than straight people to engage in pedophile/paedophile acts.
Are you for real? LOL
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »

There are some relevant questions here. One, is whether gay people are more likely than straight people to engage in pedophile/paedophile acts.

Do you have the least notion of how insulting that is, not just to all gay people but also to anyone in their right mind ? It's not a relevant question.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 11:14:07 AM »

Are you for real? LOL

I'm with you on this!

Even if Cliff Richard did this, how the hell would that prove that gay people are more likely to engage in this kind of behavior? That's absolutely fucking ridiculous.
PhilCohen
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »

[/quote Jedi Duel
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:56:35 AM by PhilCohen » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 11:25:45 AM »

Are you for real? LOL

I'm with you on this!

Even if Cliff Richard did this, how the hell would that prove that gay people are more likely to engage in this kind of behavior? That's absolutely fucking ridiculous.
Jedi Duel
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:52:08 AM by PhilCohen » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »

Please do NOT go that route in this topic. Not relevant.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
PhilCohen
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 11:59:47 AM »

Are you for real? LOL

Quite real, but no longer interested in participating in this discussion, hence I've inserted the Smiley vs. Darth Vader  illustration to symbolize the long-term conflict between myself & Mr.Doe(and his followers)
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 12:17:07 PM »

Are you for real? LOL

Quite real, but no longer interested in participating in this discussion, hence I've inserted the Smiley vs. Darth Vader  illustration to symbolize the long-term conflict between myself & Mr.Doe(and his followers)

Well, it's true what they say: the Beach Boys really do attract a wide variety of fans, open-minded people and small-minded homophobes alike!

(Deleting all previous posts isn't amusing, it's just cowardly. And, er, trust me, it isn't only Andrew G and his 'followers' who dislike offensive anti-gay idiots.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:21:24 PM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 12:46:54 PM »

Are you for real? LOL

Quite real, but no longer interested in participating in this discussion, hence I've inserted the Smiley vs. Darth Vader  illustration to symbolize the long-term conflict between myself & Mr.Doe(and his followers)

I'm far from one of his 'followers'. You see, I have a mind of my own, and it knows stupid when it sees stupid, sonny.
Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »

Are you for real? LOL

I'm far from one of his 'followers'. You see, I have a mind of my own, and it knows stupid when it sees stupid, sonny.
Jeezuz, in what universe is that a 'relevant question'?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »

Word of advice, Phil - cravenly deleting your original, quite disgusting, post doesn't remove it from where it's been quoted. Thus, we can still see your bigotry and rate it accordingly.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »

Sandboxing this one. Nothing to do with music.

Please...just please.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 04:20:32 PM »

Lock it. Better still, delete it.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 04:47:59 PM »

Agreed.
And Phil, im not banning you, but you can take your homophobic ignorance elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:50:43 PM by Merlin's Ballz » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: