gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680756 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:02:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike & Bruce and Friend on Fox And Friends  (Read 14503 times)
thechaplin
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 08:33:47 AM »

Did Steve Douchey ask Bruce's opinion on Benghazi?

I am surprised Bruce didn't offer it off the bat! haha
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 10:07:23 AM »

(...) Even on the 2012 tour, you could never tell how much of Al or Foskett you were hearing. (...)
Here you can clearly hear just Al on lead vocal on WIBN and he's doing an absolute fantastic one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hwbpppP6U0
Al singing it like back in the old days. Very nice job on that one. Thanks for the link, Stegibo!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 04:12:40 PM »

At the end, there was a perfect opportunity for Mike to say, " Alan Jardine.!"
But no.
Sad.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 04:25:13 PM »

I think they sound good!  Jeff does a good "Good Vibrations"!  I'm listening on an iPad so maybe not the best way to judge the sound.

Out of all the songs they have, and don't perform, why do they keep doing "Going to the Beach"?  Is it like Mike's SMiLE?!  Finally released after all these years.  A masterpiece which must be performed at every show. Cheesy

I've asked the same thing for years about Why Do Fools Fall In Love?

I can kind of understand "why do fools fall in love".. kind of. I'll never understand why they do "Ballad of old betsy".

A rare lowlight on the C50 tour

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2014, 04:28:28 PM »

I think they sound good!  Jeff does a good "Good Vibrations"!  I'm listening on an iPad so maybe not the best way to judge the sound.

Out of all the songs they have, and don't perform, why do they keep doing "Going to the Beach"?  Is it like Mike's SMiLE?!  Finally released after all these years.  A masterpiece which must be performed at every show. Cheesy

I can kind of understand "why do fools fall in love".. kind of. I'll never understand why they do "Ballad of old betsy".

I love "Ballad of Ole Betsy"....performing it for C50 showed me the guys really cared.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »

I love "Ballad of Ole Betsy"....performing it for C50 showed me the guys really cared.

Yup, I love that song too. 
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »

(...) Even on the 2012 tour, you could never tell how much of Al or Foskett you were hearing. (...)
Here you can clearly hear just Al on lead vocal on WIBN and he's doing an absolute fantastic one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hwbpppP6U0

What show is this one from? Al's got the white suit on for the official DVD and obviously not Japan so I'm a bit thrown. Undecided

edit.

Hollywood Bowl I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y3zq1Jsf2w

Pro shot obviously but what was the source?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:54:39 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »

I think they do Ballad of Ole Betsy because Mike likes it, it was included on the Nascar CD too (with Mike on lead vocals!)

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2014, 02:35:53 AM »

Yup, I love that song too. 
Me too. The non-BBs lead vocal highlight of the C50, to me. Well, aside from Darian's "Darlin'", of course.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2014, 09:56:40 AM »

There were no "lowlight"s for me on that tour; everybody was great. I was glad that almost everybody got a chance to shine on at least one occasion.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »

+1.000.000! No slight to Jeff, I enjoy his singing a lot, but "Why Do Fools" during C50 was horrid, his falsetto is the main reason why. Also, the ascending a cappella ending sounded so fake "BBs harmony".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:46 AM »

+1.000.000! No slight to Jeff, I enjoy his singing a lot, but "Why Do Fools" during C50 was horrid, his falsetto is the main reason why. Also, the ascending a cappella ending sounded so fake "BBs harmony".
I enjoyed it a lot. One of the highlights for me. Sure, Foskett was way too present on many of the songs. But what can you do.. WDFFIL rocked my socks off.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx