gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:25:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike posts about Robin Williams on facebook  (Read 25016 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2014, 11:01:34 PM »

Hey Rangerover, Micha expressed his opinion, stop shitting on him for doing so. That's the core of your bullshit message, eh?

Stop trying to be the god of the forum.

And Micha, Jesus, stop throwing insults! I've never seen such insolent behavior on this board Wink

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2014, 11:11:45 PM »

Stop trying to be the god of the forum.

And Micha, Jesus, stop throwing insults! I've never seen such insolent behavior on this board Wink
What now? I didn't say anything remotely bad, even added "with all respect" sticker, if you didn't notice. And the bit about throwing insults wasn't even in reference to Micha's post. Stop being snarky for no reason. Stop singling me out of all the people, the mess on this thread started before I arrived.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »

With all respect, Micha, but I think you shouldn't be "that kind guy" defending the less fortunate & so on. This is a message board, everyone has a right to voice their opinion,

The irony.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2014, 11:23:25 PM »

It's not easy for me to express myself, though I try to be logical. I just wanted to say that no one should jump over Mr. Newcombe, he knows what is depression & as a result, he's angry & doesn't get why kill themselves to hurt their family, is all. Your "stop trying to be god of the forum" was pointless, given most of the time, I compliment everyone here. Never did I big myself up, if that's the right phrase.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2014, 11:27:46 PM »

I completely sympathize with Stephen's viewpoint, no matter how much I disagree with it. Fact is, A LOT of people here have first hand experience with this topic, and have a right to be emotional about it. Micha's opinion is just as valid as Newcombe's.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:30:36 PM by rab2591 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:16 PM »

I completely sympathize with Stephen's viewpoint, no matter how much I disagree with it. Fact is, A LOT of people here have first hand experience with this topic, and have a right to be emotional about it. Micha's opinion is just as valid as Newcombe's.
You could say that initially, avoing unnecessary b-words & "god of the forum" comments. I never even called you names, I don't like when people use cuss words referring to me. Please, no more of that stuff.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2014, 11:42:48 PM »

You could say that initially, avoing unnecessary b-words & "god of the forum" comments. I never even called you names, I don't like when people use cuss words referring to me. Please, no more of that stuff.

I shouldn't've even had to have said it initially. Everyone here has a right to their opinion...Micha as much as anyone else. You've never called me names, but I guess I'm not "that kind guy defending the less forunate" or maybe I'm not "cute" enough. Who knows.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2014, 11:45:17 PM »

Fucking hell...cut out all this fighting.  Got fired over the phone a few hours ago, come here hoping to get my mind off the hell my life has become, and I see this nonsense? Cut the fighting out, take it to PM,  whatever. Just quit this incessant bickering.  Please.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2014, 11:46:46 PM »

Fucking hell...cut out all this fighting.  Got fired over the phone a few hours ago, come here hoping to get my mind off the hell my life has become, and I see this nonsense? Cut the fighting out, take it to PM,  whatever. Just quit this incessant bickering.  Please.
That's sh*t

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2014, 11:55:06 PM »

This thread would do well in the sandbox at this point.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2014, 12:05:16 AM »

Despite having argued with him on more than one occasion I'm sad to see Stepthen go.

Keep the faith Billy. You have many friends on here who are rooting for you.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2014, 12:11:39 AM »

Despite having argued with him on more than one occasion I'm sad to see Stepthen go.

Keep the faith Billy. You have many friends on here who are rooting for you.

Agreed on all accounts.

Apologies for the bickering Billy, just had a few too many to drink tonight Undecided

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2014, 12:16:18 AM »

It's alright guys. Thank you.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2014, 12:30:10 AM »

Reports are that Robin's fortune had been drained to pratically nothing by 2 divorces. This makes me so angry. If you have children with someone then you pay child support every month to help pay to raise them as is your duty. Other then that once the family home is sold and the proceeds split you owe your ex f*** ALL. Get a job ladies and earn your own money.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2014, 06:08:39 AM »

It's sad to hear that reports started coming out that financial issues were weighing heavily on Williams in recent years, brought on by that divorce and other issues. He had a ranch which I believe he sold to cover some of it, he took a job in television to make money only to have the show canceled after (I believe) one season which also was tough to deal with, and in recent months he apparently didn't look healthy or didn't seem to be himself.

But the worst part I heard was that he was worried about a trust he had established for the children of his friend Christopher Reeve after he died, to care for them after their father was gone and after what I assume were massive medical bills, which again Williams apparently paid those bills for the family as well. One report said he was worried he would not be able to maintain the Reeve children's trust due to his own financial issues which had him near-bankruptcy.

I'm not suggesting finances were the main cause, but how messed up is it that a man who basically supported not only his family but also voluntarily supported the family of his good friend ends up so distraught over money?

Something is broken here...as in, it just ain't working.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2014, 06:31:41 AM »

This thread would do well in the sandbox at this point.

I've been against moving active threads around too much in the past, but this thread brings up some interesting points. It's not necessarily related directly to the Beach Boys, but at the same time it can be a good conversation related to issues members here both feel strongly about and have opinions on covering many sides of the issue.

But...it really isn't a topic related to the Beach Boys. I'm leaning toward moving it.

Going forward...for this thread and others like it, would it be better to have these discussions in the Sandbox? Thoughts and opinions?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »

My opinion on putting such threads in the sandbox.  Sometimes a topic or event is likely something most associates here would feel strongly about such as the loss of a Robin Williams.  When I heard the news I went to the sandbox but there was nothing there.  I was glad someone posted it here under the the heading of Mikes facebook comment.  After a while, yes.  Move such threads to the sandbox.  Regulars will know to look there if they have more to say or want to read the posts.  But I think, on occasion, an "off topic" discussion could justifiably be placed here for a period of time to be decided by the moderator.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »

Billy's ex-boss sounds like a right pr!ck and that needs to be acknowledged on the higher profile main board at this stage.

Gutless!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2014, 09:14:50 AM »

Billy's ex-boss sounds like a right pr!ck and that needs to be acknowledged on the higher profile main board at this stage.

Gutless!

Well put.

Paulos
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »

I apologise for nothing.

I've asked Craig to delete my account, despite there being some fantastic people but others drag it down. Might be back in future but who knows, take care everyone.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »

Thought I'd share a really great book that really opens your eyes on how to combat depression.  It's called The Feeling Good Handbook by David Burns.  He writes a series of self-help books on the subject.  

http://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-Handbook-David-Burns/dp/0452281326/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407952107&sr=8-1&keywords=feeling+good+handbook

While depression is not easily controlled, it can be controlled and conquered with the right tools.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:57:16 AM by Awesoman » Logged

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »

Gutless!

Well put.

Amen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »

Gutless!

Well put.

Amen

Thanks guys

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 11:58:56 AM »

Gutless!

Well put.

Amen

Thanks guys

The true chickensh*ts are coward bosses who fire others over the phone. Not Mick Jagger. Sorry man.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:18:29 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:03:53 PM by zatch » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx