gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:26:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't Wait Too Long (Much Too Long Version)  (Read 3359 times)
shangaijoeBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »

For the heck of it, here's my 13 minutes mix of Can't Wait Too Long for those who just can't get enough of this song! LOL

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4h52fnanrhbbtq/CWTLLONGVERSION.mp3

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:06:11 AM »

Apparently you can wait too long...

I'll give this a whirl as soon as I can.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »

Much too long is never too long for "Can't Wait Too Long". Awesome mix there, SJBB. Sheer heaven. That said, I still have to vote for the SS/WH 2fer version----it was the one I heard first. "CWTL" is my #3 favourite Beach Boys song (after "All I Wanna Do" and "Dance, Dance, Dance").     

Does anyone here have any idea what Brian is singing at 2:45 and 5:36? I can hear what sounds like "in the city" at one point but that's all...   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »

Beautiful mix!  Listening

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »

Love it. Great mix of a great song. Smiley I bet you could also make a great mix of Walk On By . I'd love to hear what you could do with that one.
Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »

Wow, this mix really rocks! Thanks so much! I love some of those guitar parts and you can hear the development of the song. If only Brian would have finished it.

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
Bleachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 04:06:18 AM »

Did you use lossless sources? If so I'd like a wav version that'll be great! One of my faves!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 04:55:55 AM »

Love it. Great mix of a great song. Smiley I bet you could also make a great mix of Walk On By . I'd love to hear what you could do with that one.
Yay, a 10 minutes mix - "Keep On Walking By". Cheesy
shangaijoeBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 07:00:21 AM »

Thanks a bunch for all the nice comments! Smiley

I'll see what I can do with "Walk On By" but im' not sure what I can do that hasn't already been done in seltaeb1012002's magical remix.

Unfortunately, the mix was mainly mp3 sourced so a .wav version would be pointless. Maybe if I can find all the rights lossless sources i'll do a second version.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »

Wow!  Totally amazing!   CWTL is by far one of my favorites, and I keep hearing clips of it I've never heard before.  I truly believe that if Brian had finished it, we would have another Good Vibrations on our hands. 

Thanks for sharing that.  It really made my day!
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »

Yay, a 10 minutes mix - "Keep On Walking By". Cheesy

Yeah. Exactly. Maybe even longer.  LOL
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 06:13:21 PM »

Cool to hear that piano demo in there...which I've never heard anywhere else? Where did that come from?

So now you've all inspired me to make as cohesive CWTL as possible, though now that I'm chopping and channeling the various versions (car joke there), I'm finding some bits here and there are trimmed too much--missing transitional beats, etc., that I need.

I recall the version on Vinyl Smile #2 had a really long instrumental section of the fuzz bass backing--did that ever turn up in decent fidelity digitally?

And that nice bit with the ascending backing vocals on the "stereo version" on Youtube--what the heck does THAT come from?

Lastly--are there any sources with a lot of CWTL sessions on them, a la Sea of Tunes?

This is such a friggin' gorgeous tune--it deserves some finishing!

Thanks gang-
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 06:51:33 PM »

Cool to hear that piano demo in there...which I've never heard anywhere else? Where did that come from?

So now you've all inspired me to make as cohesive CWTL as possible, though now that I'm chopping and channeling the various versions (car joke there), I'm finding some bits here and there are trimmed too much--missing transitional beats, etc., that I need.

I recall the version on Vinyl Smile #2 had a really long instrumental section of the fuzz bass backing--did that ever turn up in decent fidelity digitally?

And that nice bit with the ascending backing vocals on the "stereo version" on Youtube--what the heck does THAT come from?

Lastly--are there any sources with a lot of CWTL sessions on them, a la Sea of Tunes?

Thanks gang-

All very good questions!  I wonder about the same things.  There's been some info on this board regarding different pieces of the CWTL puzzle, but there is also quite a bit of mystery surrounding this fantastic composition.  Perhaps an "All Things CWTL" thread is in order, where all the known info can be compiled into one place?

Or maybe this could be the place (I wouldn't want to be the one to start a whole new thread if it just turned out to be redundant). 

What do you folks think?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 03:17:04 AM »

Thanks gang-

All very good questions!  I wonder about the same things.  There's been some info on this board regarding different pieces of the CWTL puzzle, but there is also quite a bit of mystery surrounding this fantastic composition.  Perhaps an "All Things CWTL" thread is in order, where all the known info can be compiled into one place?

Or maybe this could be the place (I wouldn't want to be the one to start a whole new thread if it just turned out to be redundant). 

What do you folks think?
Sounds like a great idea., SITM.

Check out the "Odeon Version 2nd Edition" and "Odeon Records Version" for some of the unoffiicially nreleased sections:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=can't+wait+too+long+beach+boys

The "piano demo" can be found on UM #19.   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 03:43:54 AM »

It'd be nice to see everything available put together cohesively. A few months ago Bubbly Waves and I tried to merge the 2fer outro with that nice unreleased a cappella part (not sure it worked):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/g88jzs

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »

Love it! Although beautiful, I thought it was Much Too Short on That Lucky Old Sun.

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »

Love it! Although beautiful, I thought it was Much Too Short on That Lucky Old Sun.
I've never understood its inclusion there. It seems more like a teaser than a full-fledged track...

Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 01:09:37 PM »

I've never understood its inclusion there. It seems more like a teaser than a full-fledged track...

Agreed.

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
shangaijoeBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 04:05:17 PM »

Okay folks, here's my version of Walk On By... it's 6:07 (couldn't stretch it to 10 min Tongue)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivlzhti5quwmk8c/WalkOnBy_1.mp3

It's weird, because at the same time iv'e been working on this, I just broke up with my girl after two years being with her.
Life goes on...  but I can't help but to identify with the lyrics and mood of that song at this precise moment in my life.
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 08:06:05 PM »

Okay folks, here's my version of Walk On By... it's 6:07 (couldn't stretch it to 10 min Tongue)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivlzhti5quwmk8c/WalkOnBy_1.mp3

It's weird, because at the same time iv'e been working on this, I just broke up with my girl after two years being with her.
Life goes on...  but I can't help but to identify with the lyrics and mood of that song at this precise moment in my life.

I like it.  Smiley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx