-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:37:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  And the new mod is...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And the new mod is...  (Read 8928 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »

No fair if you've checked the bottom of the screen for any username listed in blue!

There will be a 2nd new mod as well, as  Jonas is rarely online these days; he will remain as a moderator, and can assist whenever he is on the board. We're adding an additional mod because board traffic is increasing, and would like to make sure there's someone on duty at all times.

In any case, I know many of you are waiting with baited breath over the identity of our newest addition to the moderator team. Well, there were quite a few very qualified people that were in consideration, which is part of the reason why we decided to add an additional spot, in that the person we have chosen was a no-brainer. This poster has been a well-respected member of our community for quite some time, is extremely knowledgeable, and is definitely one of the most level-headed people I've seen on ANY of the various boards I've been on/moderated. So, I'm please to announce our new moderator is...

OldSurferDude.

Okay , not really. Seriously, though, on behalf of myself and SmileHolland, I'm extremely happy to announce that guitarfool2002 is our newest moderator, effective immediately.  Let's all give him a warm welcome aboard, and I know he's gonna be a great fit.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 05:54:02 PM »

Hooray! I like him - a good choice.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »

He's an awesome guy...right when the opening came up, his name was the first to pop into my head pretty much immediately.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »

OldSurferDude.

*reads further*.....

LOL LOL

Just kidding! Guitarfool will make an excellent mod! Great choice!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »

LOL

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 06:35:59 PM »

GUITARFOOL is the new moderator??  Oh, no!!  Are you kidding me?  This board is going downhill quick!  DOWN HILL!  

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:45:40 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 07:01:37 PM »

?

mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 07:08:09 PM »

?

I'm pretty sure Mikie was kidding.

Anyway I think Guitarfool will do an excellent job. Certainly one of the better posters around. I always enjoy reading his posts.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 07:10:32 PM »

Me too.

Yeah, figured he was joking LOL

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »

Good choice, in my opinion.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »

Awesome, congrats guitarfool

Great choice!!!!!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »

GUITARFOOL is the new moderator??  Oh, no!!  Are you kidding me?  This board is going downhill quick!  DOWN HILL!  

+1

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 12:05:57 AM »

Excellent call.  Bow

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 12:41:52 AM »

No fair if you've checked the bottom of the screen for any username listed in blue!

There will be a 2nd new mod as well, as  Jonas is rarely online these days; he will remain as a moderator, and can assist whenever he is on the board. We're adding an additional mod because board traffic is increasing, and would like to make sure there's someone on duty at all times.

In any case, I know many of you are waiting with baited breath over the identity of our newest addition to the moderator team. Well, there were quite a few very qualified people that were in consideration, which is part of the reason why we decided to add an additional spot, in that the person we have chosen was a no-brainer. This poster has been a well-respected member of our community for quite some time, is extremely knowledgeable, and is definitely one of the most level-headed people I've seen on ANY of the various boards I've been on/moderated. So, I'm please to announce our new moderator is...

<...>

on behalf of myself and SmileHolland, I'm extremely happy to announce that guitarfool2002 is our newest moderator, effective immediately.  Let's all give him a warm welcome aboard, and I know he's gonna be a great fit.

Can't add anything else to Billy's words. Welcome in the team, guitarfool !

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 12:50:12 AM »

Good choice!

Please delete my account
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 01:40:10 AM »

Probably the best choice. Nice.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 02:20:11 AM »

Excellent choice
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 02:28:43 AM »

Congrats, guitarfool.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 07:19:58 AM »

yeah guitarfool is a great choice. His posts are meaty and seems like an even tempered guy.

I don't think I'll congratulate him though. FOr some people, modding can ruin your love of the board you moderate.

I'll tell him instead... "Be careful out there."

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:21:57 AM by pixletwin » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 08:04:39 AM »

LOL But seriously, I am glad a great friend is a mod now .

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »

Me too.

Yeah, figured he was joking LOL

Yeah, you guys knew I was joking.  It's never good to get off to a bad start with an Admin. You want them on your side in times of aggression, danger, and uncertainty.

The other day Billy asked me what I thought and I recommended the names Guitarfool and Justin. Guitarfool's a little bit long-winded at times, but he eventually gets his point(s) across.  Smiley

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:37 AM »

Great choice!  Congrats Guitarfool2002.  I hope you still find time to post, long-winded or not, you are a knowledgeable poster here.  I like long-winded.  Would be nice to see you more often in the General Music section.  Give us another lesson on the Monkees, or better yet Mike's early post Monkees years.
+1 on pixletwin's post.  I sure wouldn't want to do it.  So, Good Luck.  As Mikie points out, there is a lot of aggression, danger, and uncertainty to deal with around here.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »

It's never good to get off to a bad start with an Admin. You want them on your side in times of aggression, danger, and uncertainty.

I'd just settle for impartial.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »

Congratulations to a true expert in music and a true expert on great guitars!

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »

Great choice!

But yeah Billy, bring back OSD.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: