gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:12:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Male Ego Board  (Read 15161 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »

Ah, Barbara Ann Watson... Brian wrote "Barbara Ann" about her, you know, and "Girl Don't Tell Me". She also took the photo of Brian that's on the back cover of Holland in her front yard. In 1963. I know this is true because she told me so.

Ahhh, Bluebird (aka Pat Panuska)... what a piece of work ! A lying, cheating, thieving bitch with an overactive imagination and no scruples whatsoever. Pure scum.

Stark, btw, is also a registered sex offender and convicted pedophile.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:58:38 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 11:26:11 AM »

Beach Boys fans are weird.
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »

Yes! Stark was suspected of verbally and physically abusing his wife Tammy (a.k.a. Farmer's Daughter). Then she devoted an entire blog in his honor which was equally abusive!

Male Ego was gone by the time my hardcore fandom started (summer 2006), but I stumbled across that blog for some reason around that time. That was...something  Shocked
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »

Wasn't there a Cabinessence board, too? It was all white, and it was the same deal, where you could go on there and post under a different name every time. There was a woman on there who I remember claimed to have had an affair with Carl. She was a singer, named 'Sassy', or 'Fancy', or something like that. Unless I've lost it.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »

Sassy! Good Lord ihad forgotten that name.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »

Yes! Stark was suspected of verbally and physically abusing his wife Tammy (a.k.a. Farmer's Daughter). Then she devoted an entire blog in his honor which was equally abusive!

Male Ego was gone by the time my hardcore fandom started (summer 2006), but I stumbled across that blog for some reason around that time. That was...something  Shocked

Yeah, her relationship with Stark was public knowledge at the time. A lot of retaliation and slander and defamation of character in that blog.

The one who who was really off her rocker delusional was Barbie. One of the worst B.S.er's I've ever known. No matter how much substantial evidence was provided (mostly by AGD) to prove her wrong, she was insistent that she was right. I think she actually believed what she wrote! She would ignore criticism and just come back with more B.S. She was banned from at least one board for her continual bullshitting tactics.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:25:42 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »

I cringe at some of the stuff written there, especially mine. Somebody wrote this on the thread about the "Best Message Board":

"The Smiley Smile board has the best and most knowledgable debates. They are also generally civil to each other there as well".

Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!   Grin

believe or not the vast majority of ppl on this board are in fact civil...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »

Is it true the oscar winning writer of "Juno" was a member of a beach boys
Board, if so, which one

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2014, 12:23:57 PM »

How many here were on the two Usenet newsgroups back in the day? We’re talking mid-late 90’s. I think those were pretty dead by 2000 or so. I think AGD was there (he can correct me if I’m wrong), and Brad Elliott posted there a lot (back in the pleasant days when he was just an actual insider working on BB projects, before all that s**t hit the fan), Mark Linett posted there. That was where, if I’m recalling correctly, the epic “Family & Friends” legal debates took place that I had with Cam.

There was also the PSML (Pet Sounds Mailing List). I think that’s still going. I think one of my old e-mail addresses is still subscribed to it.

I think I remember the Cabinessence board (which I believe had a few iterations), the Smile Shop, I think I posted here and on the Shut Down board for awhile. AGD’s mentioning an “American Band” board also rings a bell from the early days. I also do recall the “Imagination” website and board.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2014, 12:30:01 PM »

Board, if so, which one

That's Diablo Cody, who met Jon Hunt on The SMiLE shop board (Jon Hunt and John Lane started the board). They aren't married anymore.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »

How many here were on the two Usenet newsgroups back in the day? We’re talking mid-late 90’s. I think those were pretty dead by 2000 or so. I think AGD was there (he can correct me if I’m wrong), and Brad Elliott posted there a lot (back in the pleasant days when he was just an actual insider working on BB projects, before all that s**t hit the fan), Mark Linett posted there. That was where, if I’m recalling correctly, the epic “Family & Friends” legal debates took place that I had with Cam.

There was also the PSML (Pet Sounds Mailing List). I think that’s still going. I think one of my old e-mail addresses is still subscribed to it.

I think I remember the Cabinessence board (which I believe had a few iterations), the Smile Shop, I think I posted here and on the Shut Down board for awhile. AGD’s mentioning an “American Band” board also rings a bell from the early days. I also do recall the “Imagination” website and board.

Been to all of those. American Band was good for awhile. Imagination was VERY informative. There was one other called CalSaga run by a lady named Barb. Good board but not many posted on it. Affinity towards Al Jardine. I read the PSML but never subscribed. Brad was there, then he wasn't. Then there was Green Mansions.........ah, that English humor....and that lady who made her own version of Smile in Mono - one of the first. She had a board.......

Jude, did you ever post on the Ego board?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »

Sassy! Good Lord ihad forgotten that name.

Sherri Skanes: FB friend of mine. Funny dudette. Grin

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2014, 12:51:01 PM »

Google the name Brian Martin Stark and the first page of results is websites that carry sex offender registry lists. He's a convicted pedophile, as noted by AGD. He's also listed on a site called Dating Psychos. I'm not sure if Tammy S. put his name there, but there are comments that others had similar  experiences with him.  I vaguely recall that there were some people that thought he was a talented musician based on his posting mp3s of his stuff.  Maybe that was the hook that got Tammy to get involved with him.

Bluebird also married a guy she met through the Blueboard. I wonder whatever happened with that? The thing with Bluebird is she did get to meet Brian and his band, and someone was giving her backstage passes, which is how she gained people's trust to loan her money. I have to assume or hope that at some point her behavior caused her to lose backstage access.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »

Been to all of those. American Band was good for awhile. Imagination was VERY informative. There was one other called CalSaga run by a lady named Barb. Good board but not many posted on it. Affinity towards Al Jardine. I read the PSML but never subscribed. Brad was there, then he wasn't. Then there was Green Mansions.........ah, that English humor....and that lady who made her own version of Smile in Mono - one of the first. She had a board.......

I definitely remember reading Bruce's posts. I probably posted there. Maybe the internet wayback machine will be able to tell me.

I tend to just filter out the BS flame stuff, so if I was on the Male Ego board, I was probably tuned out most off topic stuff. Was that the board with the "Flux" crap? Or was that Smile Shop? Or was that here?  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »

Board, if so, which one

If any, it would have been The Smile Shop, but I never recall seeing her post there.

OT: Juno may be one of the very worst scripted movies I've ever seen. The most basic premise was utterly flawed on two fronts: if the girl was sooooo hip and cool, why was she going out with such a dork and why was she dumb enough to get knocked up ? It went downhill from there on in.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2014, 12:54:38 PM »

...and that lady who made her own version of Smile in Mono - one of the first. She had a board.......

Annie Wallace. Once saved the day at a BBB gathering in Manchester by producing a soldering iron from her handbag. Legend.  Grin

And yes, used to post on one of the Usenet groups. Second thing I searched for when I got online (February 8th, 1998) was "Beach Boys". And here I am now, historian, researcher, recognised authority, author and pre-eminent Royal Pain In The Ass. What a long, strange trip it's been.  Old Man
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:59:16 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2014, 01:00:03 PM »

Board, if so, which one

If any, it would have been The Smile Shop, but I never recall seeing her post there.

OT: Juno may be one of the very worst scripted movies I've ever seen. The most basic premise was utterly flawed on two fronts: if the girl was sooooo hip and cool, why was she going out with such a dork and why was she dumb enough to get knocked up ? It went downhill from there on in.

Brook posted at the SMiLE Shop, I seem to remember her posting as Margarita.

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »

I definitely remember reading Bruce's posts. I probably posted there. Maybe the internet wayback machine will be able to tell me.

I tend to just filter out the BS flame stuff, so if I was on the Male Ego board, I was probably tuned out most off topic stuff. Was that the board with the "Flux" crap? Or was that Smile Shop? Or was that here?  LOL

No, the Flux crap was on the Cabinessence/Shut Down board, a.k.a. "The White Board".  It led to a drastic reduction in posters and its eventual demise.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:39:39 PM by Mikie » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »

Bluebird also married a guy she met through the Blueboard. I wonder whatever happened with that?

She didn't get residency, which was the gameplan all along, so she left him and moved back to the US: Delaware, to be precise.

The thing with Bluebird is she did get to meet Brian and his band, and someone was giving her backstage passes, which is how she gained people's trust to loan her money. I have to assume or hope that at some point her behavior caused her to lose backstage access.

It was seen to by, ah, certain fans with contacts and influence that her true nature was made known to those who handed out such passes, and her 'access' was instantly revoked Don't know if this still applied (probably not) but if you ever wanted to see Jeff have a major laughing fit, all you had to say to him was "Bluebird". Worked every time.  Grin

Then there was The Miracle Of Glasgow...  LOL

Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »

Wasn't there a Cabinessence board, too? It was all white, and it was the same deal, where you could go on there and post under a different name every time. There was a woman on there who I remember claimed to have had an affair with Carl. She was a singer, named 'Sassy', or 'Fancy', or something like that. Unless I've lost it.

I remember the cabinessence board, early 2000s. I used to post there, played my first "Beach Boys Survivor" on it. One day it disappeared. I wonder why? Anybody know? Problem with posters? I remember buying a home-made Dennis shirt from somebody on that board. Can't remember his name. I still have the shirt. The exact web address to the board was cabinessence.com/brian/discus

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »

Bruce & Ego: true story...

Back in the days when people still emailed each other, one day I got one from George, aka Junkstar, Ego operator which said, in essence, "there's a guy just emailed me wanting to register, claims to be Bruce: I was about to tell him to go f*** himself but thought I'd best check with you first - the email is iwritethesongs@aol.com*" So I replied that he could do that if he really wanted to but as it really was Bruce, maybe not the best idea.

About 20 minutes later, another email from Junk: "My blood just ran cold".

Bruce posted for a few months, and when some folk were a little rough with him, gave as good as he got. Stopped posting because the interest faded, or so I recall.

[* no, of course that's not the actual email... sheesh...]

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »

Bruce & Ego: true story...

Back in the days when people still emailed each other, one day I got one from George, aka Junkstar, Ego operator which said, in essence, "there's a guy just emailed me wanting to register, claims to be Bruce: I was about to tell him to go f*** himself but thought I'd best check with you first - the email is iwritethesongs@aol.com*" So I replied that he could do that if he really wanted to but as it really was Bruce, maybe not the best idea.

About 20 minutes later, another email from Junk: "My blood just ran cold".

Bruce posted for a few months, and when some folk were a little rough with him, gave as good as he got. Stopped posting because the interest faded, or so I recall.

[* no, of course that's not the actual email... sheesh...]

As Mikie recently refreshed my memory concerning, I believe the Male Ego board was the place where the comically epic incident occurred where somebody, innocently as I recall, referred to Bruce as “BJ.” I remember Bruce being very indignant about it, to the point where I briefly thought he was joking. But I don’t think he was. I also recall thinking at the time that he was just making it exponentially worse by making such a big deal about it.  LOL

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »

I remember the cabinessence board, early 2000s. I used to post there, played my first "Beach Boys Survivor" on it. One day it disappeared. I wonder why? Anybody know? Problem with posters? I remember buying a home-made Dennis shirt from somebody on that board. Can't remember his name. I still have the shirt. The exact web address to the board was cabinessence.com/brian/discus

The Cab just vanished one day because the owners - forget their names, husband & wife, or at least partners... Jim someone ? Whatever... - lost interest and didn't renew the subs. Susan Lang restarted it, and as Shut Down II it's still going, but barely.

The tshirt guy was almost certainly Greg Larson, who used to post here and passed on some time ago. Nice guy, very generous with the footwear but had huge personal daemons that eventually overwhelmed him. It was very nice to see him given a tribute along with Coach Bob Haines in the booklet of The Smile Sessions. Very classy move by someone.

sh*t, why can I remember this drivel off the top of my head but can't make a decent living ? I guess God hates me, me, personally.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:21:42 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2014, 01:23:41 PM »

I remember JohnB's Gold Board being the best message board back in the day. I think he still runs a Beach Boys yahoo mailing list.

When the Gold Board shut down three regular posters set up their own boards to try to continue the community: Junkstar's Male Ego board (black and yellow colour scheme), Sir Chocolate Thunder's Barnyard board (red), and Ken W set up a Sunflower board (i think it was Sunflower, with a yellow colour scheme).

Basically it was the same group of posters posting on all 3, and eventually two shut down through redundancy and Male Ego remained.

There were arguments and wars but despite its reputation the proportion of troll to genuine posts was very good.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »

John... Barone ?

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx