gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:51:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lei'd In Hawaii Reels..what we have  (Read 7072 times)
curth
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 02:33:16 PM »

Since 8 songs is hardly enough to make up a full album,I take his comment more as that it was assembled, but the idea was simply abandoned and pursued no further. The idea of recording in the studio and adding crowd noise isn't as weird as it sounds. The Four Seasons actually did this in 1963 or 64. When they switched from Vee Jay to Philips records, they owed Vee Jay one last album. They went into the studio and created a really bizarre collection of pop standards such as Mack The Knife and others done in a Las Vegas show room style, featuring nothing that even came close to their hit sound and added crowd noise and released it as The Four Seasons Live On Stage.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »

When I think of anything like that -- the screams and cheers added as an afterthought onto a newly recorded, studio thing, I always remember that one scene from Manhattan. He's in there watching the making of the show, and they're adding the fake audience laughs -- in however much enthusiasm as they like.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2006, 10:28:26 AM »

Since 8 songs is hardly enough to make up a full album,I take his comment more as that it was assembled, but the idea was simply abandoned and pursued no further.

Possibly but that's not the way I'm taking it today. An album could be whatever the producer defined it as I suppose.  What is the length of the tracks as described by Brad?

H, please run down to the archive and see what sort of tape this is and what docu is attendant, if anyone questions you, tell them I said it was all right.  Thanks pal.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2006, 10:41:17 AM »

Looks to me that all we have turned up so far is an 8-track reel and a 4-track reel of the songs, in other words, it doesn't look like there were any mixes done for an album, whatever that means.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2006, 05:59:33 PM »

H, you the man.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2006, 06:16:49 PM »

When I think of anything like that -- the screams and cheers added as an afterthought onto a newly recorded, studio thing, I always remember that one scene from Manhattan. He's in there watching the making of the show, and they're adding the fake audience laughs -- in however much enthusiasm as they like.

Annie Hall.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx