gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:47:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I having acoustic delusions?  (Read 2123 times)
RupertZwei
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:22:11 PM »

http://picosong.com/c4uu/

These are some of the tunes I made some years ago (1-2 years ago). I don't really like them now, I mean, maybe I don't totally dislike them all the time. The thing is that I don't know how to evaluate them, so to speak. I mean, how i perceive their quality is very much depended to my mood, and my moods change all the time. I am quite often afraid that I have some mental illness which causes that I think I make music, but in fact I just have some acoustic delusions. That is, I am very much afraid that I live in some fantasy world, where this pieces are actually music, whereas objectively its a bunch of random sounds, not put together according to the, lets call it, harmony principles or whatever (I hope you know what I mean.) I'm not going to ever use these tunes in any larger musical piece (if I am ever going to do one at all), cause I surely don't think they're that good (I have newer ones, which - I think - are better). So my question to you is whether these melodies are any good. Or whether  these can be called melodies at all. I mean, as I said, I have this thought (this fear) that I am mentally disordered, and I put random sounds together, thinking it's something of any value, whereas in reality it is complete nothing. So I would like you to either confirm that fear, or deny it. Don't hesitate to tell me the truth, even the one the most sad for me. It won't make me depressed. Even if it will - it is better to be depressed for some time than to waste time on delusions.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »

I think you are deluded, but not acoustically. If that makes sense.
RupertZwei
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »

What do you mean?
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »

http://picosong.com/c4uu/

These are some of the tunes I made some years ago (1-2 years ago). I don't really like them now, I mean, maybe I don't totally dislike them all the time. The thing is that I don't know how to evaluate them, so to speak. I mean, how i perceive their quality is very much depended to my mood, and my moods change all the time. I am quite often afraid that I have some mental illness which causes that I think I make music, but in fact I just have some acoustic delusions. That is, I am very much afraid that I live in some fantasy world, where this pieces are actually music, whereas objectively its a bunch of random sounds, not put together according to the, lets call it, harmony principles or whatever (I hope you know what I mean.) I'm not going to ever use these tunes in any larger musical piece (if I am ever going to do one at all), cause I surely don't think they're that good (I have newer ones, which - I think - are better). So my question to you is whether these melodies are any good. Or whether  these can be called melodies at all. I mean, as I said, I have this thought (this fear) that I am mentally disordered, and I put random sounds together, thinking it's something of any value, whereas in reality it is complete nothing. So I would like you to either confirm that fear, or deny it. Don't hesitate to tell me the truth, even the one the most sad for me. It won't make me depressed. Even if it will - it is better to be depressed for some time than to waste time on delusions.

Believe in yourself, dude. The melodies sound great to me. Reminds me of Zappa a bit.

I think you just need to flesh them out into bigger productions.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »

I'm not able to stream the song but if I could I would be glad to comment.  For some reason it is requiring that I download the track to listen.  Any chance you could upload to soundcloud, youtube, etc?

RupertZwei
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 05:22:40 AM »

https://soundcloud.com/rwr-wrw/2-melodies-2-chord-progressions-old

It's not a song, it's just two separate melodies and chord changes.

Gabo, seltaeb1012002, thank you for responding (even though Gabo's response is vague, and i am not 100% sure about what is the right interpretation of it).
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx