gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:46:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions you'd like to ask Mike Love  (Read 7646 times)
Smile4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2014, 04:50:14 PM »

Recently, we've seen some Mike Love interviews. People have complained about them being the same old softball questions with the same old stock answers.

So, let's cut to the chase. What are some questions YOU would ask Mike Love?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:14:06 PM »

Recently, we've seen some Mike Love interviews. People have complained about them being the same old softball questions with the same old stock answers.

It would be hard to lay out the questions for a discussion of the C50 demise, as it would probably entail a lot of steering it away from the stock answers.

I would start by asking an accurate question. I would start with, "Why did you not want to take offers to do additional shows with the reunion lineup?" Slightly alternately, "Regardless of what was said before or during the tour, if Brian and Al did indeed decide near or at the end of the tour that they wanted to do more reunion lineup shows, and offers were on the table, what kept you from agreeing to those?"

I would probably have to end up asking, "Do you feel issues of finances and control are at play in your decision?"

The questions would probably be more detailed as follow-ups to responses.

It would be tempting to ask non-substantive questions meant to test his underlying feelings and ability to concede any point. Things like "Would you agree, even if it isn't logistically, personally, or financially possible, that the best lineup to tour would be the full five-man reunion lineup?"

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 05:17:59 PM »

Who wrote the words to I Get Round and Good Vibrations

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 05:52:57 PM »

How much longer do you expect to be out on the road?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 06:23:21 PM »

Why are you weird?

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Nicko1234
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 06:32:15 PM »

Who wrote the words to I Get Round and Good Vibrations

There`s always one...  Smiley
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 06:41:34 PM »

In the Goldmine interview you talked about the group having sessions with a psychiatrist to mend relations and that Al Jardine was hung up on things that happened 20 years ago.  What were Al's long term beefs and why do you two have so much trouble getting along? Why in the last 30 years have you re-plowed old ground so many times in your lyrics and not tried to expand your horizons.  Why did you get married so many times?
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »

How many hats do you own?

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Nicko1234
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 07:16:29 PM »

In terms of the music, it would be interesting if Mike were asked more questions about the Smiley Smile, Wild Honey, Sunflower eras. Having said that, how much he can remember about these periods is uncertain. I think one of the reasons Mike gives talks about the same stuff is because that`s what old people do. They don`t remember everything in their lives and the stuff that they`ve talked about a lot they are much more likely to be able to talk about again.

It would be good if he were questioned more about releasing new songs and whether he hasn`t released Unleash the Love due to a complete lack of understanding of the modern music business.  Smiley
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 07:53:34 PM »

i'd ask if in any Wilson-Love cowrites he was the first to come up with a musical idea. I've read rumours about Let the Wind Blow and All I Wanna Do.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 12:24:02 AM »

Id ask him about the time he spent with the Beatles and the Maharishi. Always seems reluctant to discuss this period.

RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 12:26:17 AM »

How many hats do you own?
Yeah, how many, and where does he keep them. And in what kind of order, and how does he choose what to wear.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 12:30:04 AM »

You'd probably get interesting answers to any of those questions.  There was an interview posted a few weeks back where he mentioned his rings and what they mean... pretty interesting.   

I mean not interesting in a 'wow I want to do that" way, but more in a "oh my god he's actually doing that on purpose' kind of way.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 01:30:58 AM »

You'd probably get interesting answers to any of those questions.  There was an interview posted a few weeks back where he mentioned his rings and what they mean... pretty interesting.   

I mean not interesting in a 'wow I want to do that" way, but more in a "oh my god he's actually doing that on purpose' kind of way.

That was a cool interview, though. Guy's entitled to believe what he wants to, after all. Wink Hell, I believe in some sh*t that, if spoken about in an interview, would make me look weird-o-zoid. Also, Mike came across likable enough and easy to be with in that clip. Can't find the clip now, dang it. Undecided
Nicko1234
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 01:33:04 AM »

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFuEh02tFw
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 01:48:13 AM »

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 02:27:18 AM »

i'd ask if in any Wilson-Love cowrites he was the first to come up with a musical idea. I've read rumours about Let the Wind Blow and All I Wanna Do.

I'd like to know this too - and what instruments he plays - and why he he won't release his first album as downloads. Some of it, after all, is a hell of a lot better than what was being released at the time (including the band version of Sumahama).
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 03:20:31 AM »

Why are you weird?

Grin
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 03:55:40 AM »

Thats a really nice interview. A more relaxed Mike...you really get his dry sense of humour

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 05:33:02 AM »

You just Britta'd this thread.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 05:38:13 AM »

LOL  A fellow fan, I see?

bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 06:56:01 AM »

Why do you think anybody in the world gives a crap about your association with Maharishi?
Firemellow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »

"Mike, can you explain to me what 'Well, she got her daddy's car and she cruise to the hamburger stand now' means? Because it feels like acid alliteration to me."
 LOL
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »

Is Brian your cousin?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 11:27:33 AM »

I mentioned this in another thread, but perhaps we'd all like to ask AGD if, when he interviews Mike, he'd be willing to bring in some of the questions we would give him? Perhaps we'd get some of the questions that are being asked in this thread submitted?

Anybody??
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx