gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:02:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Bloody Valentine  (Read 1978 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »

So I guess the question is Where has this group been all my life? Just getting into them and frankly what I've heard is just breathtaking.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:01:32 AM »

Welcome to the club, loveless is the lost masterpiece of the 1990s. Isn't anything and mbv are really good as well.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »

Sound like Sonic Youth back when they were good with the singer from the Coctteau Twins fronting them, plus dare I say it - shades of Brian Wilson.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »

Kevin Shields loves the BBs and was at the BWPS shows in 2004. Loveless had the same effect smile had on BW with Kevin not doing a lot for a while afterwards.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »

I've tried several times over the years but just can't get into them. Not my cup of tea, I guess.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 05:29:25 AM »

I love their guitar sound. They made aggressive distortion sound melodic and beautiful. Sounds to me like slowed down power pop showered in psychedelic effects. Plus, Bilinda Butcher, total cutie, though I guess she`d be considered a cougar now that she is in her 40s.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »

I've tried several times over the years but just can't get into them. Not my cup of tea, I guess.
Same here. Dull muzak.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Les Garçons de la plage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »

dull muzak???
Loveless is a 1991 classic and m b v almost better and a total surprise at that.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 03:27:52 AM »

Yes. What is classic for you, to me is one of the most insipid collection of songs I'd ever heard. Same goes for "m b v".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx