gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680828 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:44:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anything...interesting...in this Atari 7800 game? :)  (Read 3280 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2014, 02:57:01 PM »

Check out these pages from the manual from Basketbrawl:

http://atariage.com/manual_page.html?SystemID=7800&SoftwareLabelID=724&maxPages=10&currentPage=6

http://atariage.com/manual_page.html?SystemID=7800&SoftwareLabelID=724&maxPages=10&currentPage=7

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »

Bruce "Bruiser" Johnston!  LOL LOL LOL

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:52:29 PM »

And distantly related...hmmm....a southern Californian (named "Torrance") who finds himself relocated in New York....hmmm??

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 07:58:04 AM »

Long story short, I know the guy who wrote the manual -- and chances are many of you do too...because he's a BB fan, and he's been active online for years. He used to work for Atari back in the day. He advised me to check out the Basketbrawl manual to see his "inspiration". Smiley

Jason
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:00:25 AM »

Bruce was gangsta before the fans ever knew it.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:41:26 AM »

Bruce was gangsta before the fans ever knew it.
Pacific Palisades represent!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 10:20:45 AM »

I use to work at Atari in the 1980's. Many of the arcade video games, the 2600, 5200, and 7200 game consoles, 400, 800, and 1200 series computers and disc drives; worked on all of them. Don't remember this game though. When was it released?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:33:51 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

What do you think of the ET game? Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »

The one that had its own cemetery?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »

Yeah! Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4rDoyiaQ8
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:40:58 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »

We were very disappointed when the ET game came out. We thought it was going to be much better than it was, capitalizing on the recent popular movie and all. Like a few other duds, we knew before it was even released that it wouldn't sell worth a darn.

I met Michael Jackson at Atari, around 1982 or '83. He did a walk-thru because he wanted to invest in the company, who was just purchased by Warner Bros. He wore black pants and a white t-shirt with black penny loafers and was surrounded by guys with suits. Our group stood around and waved hello, and I just walked over and shook his hand. My co-workers and boss thought I had balls for doing that. He looked at me and said, "Nice to meet you" in a high girly voice and a big smile. He musta thought I had balls too.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:12:24 AM by Mikie » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 11:19:11 AM »

I read the game only had six weeks of development right before Christmas because the license negotiations took too long.

Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 11:42:51 AM »

Oh man, E.T.  What a joke that game was, and it's amazing that Atari was banking on that game to be huge.  But Colecovision was about to enter my world in 1983!
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 02:48:37 AM »

I use to work at Atari in the 1980's. Many of the arcade video games, the 2600, 5200, and 7200 game consoles, 400, 800, and 1200 series computers and disc drives; worked on all of them. Don't remember this game though. When was it released?

Mikie,
Did you work on the XE series? The XE GS was my first computer when I was about 9 and I still remember opening the box and playing Flight Simulator 2 and Bughunt. Who would have thought-64k RAM and about 2MHz CPU and still better than Vista!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 10:53:07 PM »

Cliff - no, the XE was a game console that came out in the late 80's after my tenure at Atari.  It's probably a collector's item now!

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 03:34:41 AM »

Cliff - no, the XE was a game console that came out in the late 80's after my tenure at Atari.  It's probably a collector's item now!
It sure is-I sold it a few years back on ebay, boxed with about 80 games and accessories for about £150.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 11:17:51 PM »

I work on pinball and arcade games for a living.  Interestingly enough, a lot of the Atari game pcb's (for the arcade games) have funny sayings etched on them... kind of in tribute to the rock & roll nature of the company back in the day... so some of the boards, in between the chips and things will have etched on it things like "I wish you were a Beer" or "I'm not dead yet" etc
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 07:24:18 AM »

Some Commodore-manufactured Amiga motherboards had B-52s song titles etched into the boards. I think the Amiga 600 had "June Bug" etched, Amiga 1200 had "Channel Z," and Amiga 500 had "Rock Lobster."

As for when "Basketbrawl" came out, I'm pretty sure it was toward the end of the Atari 7800's run.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx