gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:09:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos accused…  (Read 133646 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 05, 2014, 06:23:08 PM »

Bud light and then a bar fight with Oldsurferdude.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 05, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »

Wouldn't it be sad if Mike's motivation for bringing along Stamos was for ticket sales.

Seriously, what a genuinely depressing thought

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 05, 2014, 09:16:38 PM »

Stamos' appearances are not consistent and people usually don't know he'll be there until the night of the show. So, no, they can't count on him to increase ticket sales. He wasn't with them for most of this year.
Nicko1234
« Reply #628 on: August 05, 2014, 10:08:55 PM »

I think what happened with the set lists is typical of pretty much any band. Most bands go out and play their hits along with some songs from their new album and this is what the fans want and expect.

It is not really a surprise that the group stopped playing songs from the late 60s and early 70s as so few audience goers would have known them and the albums became harder to find.

Also, not a surprise that when the touring band does perform songs this era now that they are the ones that have been included on compilations like Warmth of the Sun or 50 Big Ones so that at least a fair number of the crowd will know them. Obviously the hardcore would love to hear really obscure album tracks but there are very few artists who can go out and perform songs from old non-hit albums and get away with it.
Nicko1234
« Reply #629 on: August 05, 2014, 10:11:22 PM »

Wouldn't it be sad if Mike's motivation for bringing along Stamos was for ticket sales.

Seriously, what a genuinely depressing thought

It`s obviously not the only motivation but certainly one factor.

There`s no doubt that when Stamos`s attendance is announced in advance that he will bring new fans in. If some of them then become fans of the group then that can only be a positive.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 06, 2014, 06:02:25 AM »

I'm starting to wonder what kind of beer Stamos likes....
How about this kind?  Beer
The Smiley Smile Classic Virtual brew!   Wink
It's open bar for him at Club Kokomo, so it's probably Bud Light :/
That would be a fine choice!  LOL
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 06, 2014, 08:51:44 PM »

I meant it's dorky, cheeseball, and lame in the most amazing way possible .... One thing that has happened to this place is we're all very uptight and take this all, and ourselves, far too seriously.

I guess it might be just me, but dorky isn't a bad word in my universe.....

I'll take dorky every time over pretentious..... Which might be partly why The Beach Boys are my favorite band ever.

BAM!  Great post, Pind.

I always believed Beach Boy fans were smarter than [insertbandname] fans.  Because, there's not a promise of social status improvement.  Right there... that says something.  And what it says is this...

hold on... my beer spilled...

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 07, 2014, 03:24:56 AM »

I meant it's dorky, cheeseball, and lame in the most amazing way possible .... One thing that has happened to this place is we're all very uptight and take this all, and ourselves, far too seriously.

I'll take dorky every time over pretentious..... Which might be partly why The Beach Boys are my favorite band ever.

BAM!  Great post, Pind.

I always believed Beach Boy fans were smarter than [insertbandname] fans.  Because, there's not a promise of social status improvement.  Right there... that says something.  And what it says is this...

LOL Cheesy

Dito, Pinder.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 07, 2014, 02:49:22 PM »

BAM!  Great post, Pind.

Love you, Bean!

Don't worry about that beer! Lemme pop you open another Gulden Draak!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 07, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »

Pinder, count me in for a "ditto" as well.

Where's my beer?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 08, 2014, 06:31:22 AM »

Pinder, count me in for a "ditto" as well.

Where's my beer?

Right here!  LOL

Beer
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 10, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »

Just came back from seeing " Guardians Of The Galaxy" at the picture show, and thought I'd let folks know that John Stamos gets a mention !

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 10, 2014, 01:19:51 PM »

Just came back from seeing " Guardians Of The Galaxy" at the picture show, and thought I'd let folks know that John Stamos gets a mention !
Yup, we already covered that multiple times. Grin Great line with the 'outlaws'.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 10, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »

Yup, we already covered that multiple times. Grin Great line with the 'outlaws'.

Oh, Sorry!  I'll go back to hanging out at CD Trader now....

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 10, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »

Sorry, didn't mean to be coarse. People should be reminded how Stamos is still relevant. Cheesy
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 10, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »

Sorry, didn't mean to be coarse. People should be reminded how Stamos is still relevant. Cheesy

Not a problem here. Long thread, I'm bound to have missed at least SOME of the excitement! 

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx