gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:15:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos accused…  (Read 133611 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »

I wish all these idols of ours could harmonise from the same hymn sheet, on the same stage…

Most of the over-the-top sh*t only happens while we're twiddling our fingers waiting for the next dose of new music. We need our fix from time to time :D

“We live in divisive times.”
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2014, 02:49:31 PM »

You know what worries me? Things usually reach true fever pitch the two weeks before a new release. And we don't even have a release date for the new BW album or movie yet! We might be in for some apocalyptic meltdowns...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »

I have my bunker with BBs music all ready for that.... LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Nicko1234
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2014, 04:34:40 PM »

Just a note...yes WE ALL, that means SS boarders and US the guys who play the music we all love, are ALL drama contenders... But I didn't post my stuff here. Someone else did...and yes if ya don't want it to be seen don't write it. So Nicko1234 no fair pointing the finger Wink...there are always three pointing back at you...I love reading the board here and yeah some of it gets blown over board...just like real life...And I only meant a handful of posters who can't wait to stir things up...sh*t there are some very cool people here, and we all take turns in that handful of culprits... me included! hahahaha so lets just all get along... Love the passion...and Stamos is my friend and all those who don't like him are entitled to that view...But There's not many people I don't like who I don't know on a personal level...just saying...anyway I do love coming here for good or bad...it's like a continuous soap opera..What will happen tomorrow when Joan says to John....
 Evil

Cheesy

A classy response.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2014, 05:06:25 PM »

I would like to give one final mention, at the risk of being uber-repetitive, that there is a big distinction between not preferring John Stamos as a prominent musical component to the BB's, versus disliking him personally.

As Mr. Cowsill alludes to, it's pretty difficult to dislike someone on a personal level without knowing them.

I can't speak for everybody, but many of the folks who have professed a preference for Stamos to say on the sidelines don't dislike him personally.

Indeed, I truly believe he's a huge BB fan. There's no doubt. He also seems like a nice guy. He's probably a blast to hang out with. I think the same can be said for many folks out there. But that's different than being musically involved.

I think when Stamos intro'ed the show at, I believe it was New Orleans, on the 50th tour, that was a great role for him to fill. A well-known guy who is a big fan.

I will join any others who would love for John Cowsill, or any other folks who could possibly sway things, to convince any and all involved to revive the "reunion" lineup.

If I could meet John Cowsill in person, I would tell him what he probably already knows: Even some of the most curmudgeonly, cranky, jaded Beach Boys fans agree that you took part in the best Beach Boys tour since their heyday of touring in the early-mid 70's. I will go further and say it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. EVER. I can only guess you would probably play drums again for that lineup in a heart beat if the chance arose. I sure hope it does. We're all getting older......

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2014, 05:15:38 PM »

You know what worries me? Things usually reach true fever pitch the two weeks before a new release. And we don't even have a release date for the new BW album or movie yet! We might be in for some apocalyptic meltdowns...

I think there's a good chance we'll see the album this year. But the film is debuting at one film festival in September, and the best guess is that part of that process involves courting potential distributors. So most of us could well not even have a chance to see this film in a theater, let alone at home, until next year.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2014, 05:16:37 PM »

Don't forget Brian's book

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Nicko1234
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2014, 06:25:25 PM »

I would like to give one final mention, at the risk of being uber-repetitive, that there is a big distinction between not preferring John Stamos as a prominent musical component to the BB's, versus disliking him personally.

As Mr. Cowsill alludes to, it's pretty difficult to dislike someone on a personal level without knowing them.

I can't speak for everybody, but many of the folks who have professed a preference for Stamos to say on the sidelines don't dislike him personally.

Indeed, I truly believe he's a huge BB fan. There's no doubt. He also seems like a nice guy. He's probably a blast to hang out with. I think the same can be said for many folks out there. But that's different than being musically involved.

I think when Stamos intro'ed the show at, I believe it was New Orleans, on the 50th tour, that was a great role for him to fill. A well-known guy who is a big fan.

I will join any others who would love for John Cowsill, or any other folks who could possibly sway things, to convince any and all involved to revive the "reunion" lineup.

If I could meet John Cowsill in person, I would tell him what he probably already knows: Even some of the most curmudgeonly, cranky, jaded Beach Boys fans agree that you took part in the best Beach Boys tour since their heyday of touring in the early-mid 70's. I will go further and say it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. EVER. I can only guess you would probably play drums again for that lineup in a heart beat if the chance arose. I sure hope it does. We're all getting older......

There`s plenty of people on this board who seem to manage it...  Wink
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2014, 10:58:35 PM »

I'm guessing if anymore reunions should take place Bragg won't be invited.

I hope you're wrong. He brings a dynamism to the show that few others ever do. He's versatile, talented and creative, good with the fans and seems to live for the music.

And one more thing that Nelson can Bragg about:  His girlfriend ain't bad looking.

Well... since this seems to be a pissing contest, How does she look.... say.... compared to Rebecca Romain Stamos?

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2014, 06:45:22 AM »

I'm guessing if anymore reunions should take place Bragg won't be invited.

I hope you're wrong. He brings a dynamism to the show that few others ever do. He's versatile, talented and creative, good with the fans and seems to live for the music.

And one more thing that Nelson can Bragg about:  His girlfriend ain't bad looking.

Well... since this seems to be a pissing contest, How does she look.... say.... compared to Rebecca Romain Stamos?

I’m not sure how applicable this is, as she divorced Stamos nine years ago and no longer uses his name....

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night and in it they crack a joke about John Stamos.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night and in it they crack a joke about John Stamos.
"I come from a planet of rogues/mercenaries.. Bonny & Clyde, [someone else]... John Stamos.." - something like that, right? Cheesy
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2014, 09:34:52 AM »

Yup, I think the other name was Billy The Kid. Who said John Stamos wasn't still relevant in 2014?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:36:33 AM by Mike's Beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »

Mike Love is not delusional at all… I recently attended my first John Stamos concert on 7-13-14 in Augusta, GA.  The girls were going apeshit over Stamos.  It took nothing away from the show when they stopped and John mockingly stood atop the drum kit.  It was silly, but it did not hurt / detract the musical performance in any way whatsoever.  In fact, it substantiates the idea that Stamos' presence on stage validates the thought that he does make the current touring band a bit "more hip" to the last two generations of the female fan demographic.  How many female posters do we have here on the Smiley Smile message board that have chimed in with disgust over this debate?  You can count them on one hand.  (I think…since many here use handles as opposed to their real names.)

When John Stamos came out front to sing "Forever" (on 7-13-14, w/ guitar in hand) it felt a little flaky, but not because he was doing some GREAT injustice to The Beach Boys or Dennis Wilson…it was because — if you really look — he is somewhat uncomfortable taking the front of the stage.  He has the most fun in the back (playing the drums) and rocking out.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am an adamant supporter of ALL things Dennis Wilson.  But don't confuse current Beach Boys shows with Dennis' musical legacy…they are two completely different things.  Carl Wilson was very selective of his association with the recordings the group did in later years ("Wipe Out" for example), but he absolutely got behind John Stamos and supported the making of the music video for "Forever."

I think we male fans — I am including myself here — have a hard time wrapping our minds around the inclusion of "Forever" on the 'Summer In Paradise' album because it was promoted as a song (on "Full House") by a group called Jessie & The Rippers, which is a fictional TV show group… Right?  So when the song shows up on a Beach Boys CD, it is a bit ODD.  It doesn't suck…it isn't horrible…it simply did not fit on the album.

As for John Stamos the person.  Yeah, there's a bit of Hollywood about him (when I was around him that night), but isn't that to be expected?  How can he NOT be that guy?  EVERYONE wanted a picture with him.

As for his character…
My 12.5 year old son Ethan has Down syndrome.  His favorite Beach Boys' album is 'That's Why God Made The Radio,' and he asks me all the time about meeting Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, Al Jardine, Brian Wilson, etc.  The Augusta, GA show was Ethan's VERY 1st Beach Boys concert.  You know what?  HE LOVED IT!  The group invited him up on stage to sing "Barbara Ann," which he thoroughly loved.  Here's what happened though…  I thought that "Barbara Ann" was going to be one of the encore songs, but it wasn't.  The group started right into it right after "Help Me Rhonda" (in the middle of the 2nd set).  I grabbed Ethan and we were thankfully not far from back stage (to get Ethan to the stage).  Stamos was front and center (surrounded by a stage FULL of gawking girls).  When he saw Ethan taking the stage (late) he came to back and took Ethan's hand and brought him right up front with him.  I was smiling ear to ear.  John then made it a point to pull the microphone down and sing right along with Ethan (ignoring all the females).

The entire group treated Ethan like one of the gang.  You could argue that is because I do ESQ…that's probably true.  Is there something wrong with like-minded people being good to one another?  No.

Before the show Ethan had dinner with John, and after the show, John gave Ethan his drum sticks, Bruce gave him the setlist, and the guys all got their pictures with him (during intermission), and even gave him a VIP laminate (for good keeping).

That's called good will.

Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, Jeffrey Foskett, Randell Kirsch, John Cowsill, Tim Bonhomme, Scott Totten and their friend John Stamos are CLASS ACTS.  They changed my son's life that day, and as a father taking his son to his first "Beach Boys show," I can tell you firsthand that the music of The Beach Boys is alive and well.  Why did I share this VERY personal experience here?  Because this thread is about John Stamos performing with the Beach Boys.  I know one 12.5 year old boy who didn't mind one bit.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:29:05 PM by ESQ Editor » Logged
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 01, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »

“I come from a planet of outlaws. Billy the Kid. Bonnie and Clyde. John Stamos.”
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »

Mike Love is not delusional at all… I recently attended my first John Stamos concert on 7-13-14 in Augusta, GA.  The girls were going apeshit over Stamos.  It took nothing away from the show when they stopped and John mockingly stood atop the drum kit.  It was silly, but it did not hurt / detract the musical performance in any way whatsoever.  In fact, it substantiates the idea that Stamos' presence on stage validates the thought that he does make the current touring band a bit "more hip" to the last two generations of the female fan demographic.  How many female posters do we have here on the Smiley Smile message board that have chimed in with disgust over this debate?  You can count them on one hand.  (I think…since many here use handles as opposed to their real names.)

When John Stamos came out front to sing "Forever" (on 7-13-14, w/ guitar in hand) it felt a little flaky, but not because he was doing some GREAT injustice to The Beach Boys or Dennis Wilson…it was because — if you really look — he is somewhat uncomfortable taking the front of the stage.   Shocked He has the most fun in the back (playing the drums) and rocking out.  Just ask Cowsill.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am an adamant supporter of ALL things Dennis Wilson.  But don't confuse current Beach Boys shows with Dennis' musical legacy…they are two completely different things.  Carl Wilson was very selective of his association with the recordings the group did in later years ("Wipe Out" for example), but he absolutely got behind John Stamos and supported the making of the music video for "Forever."

I think we male fans — I am including myself here — have a hard time wrapping our minds around the inclusion of "Forever" on the 'Summer In Paradise' album because it was promoted as a song (on "Full House") by a group called Jessie & The Rippers, which is a TV show character… Right?  So when the song shows up on a Beach Boys CD, it is a bit ODD.  It doesn't suck…it isn't horrible…it simply did not belong an that album.

As for John Stamos the person.  Yeah, there's a bit of Hollywood about him (when I was around him that night), but isn't that to be expected?  How can he NOT be that guy?

As for his character…
My 12.5 year old son Ethan has Down syndrome.  His favorite Beach Boys' album is 'That's Why God Made The Radio,' and he asks me all the time about meeting Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, Al Jardine, Brian Wilson, etc.  The Augusta, GA show was Ethan's VERY 1st Beach Boys concert.  You know what?  HE LOVED IT!  The group invited him up on stage to sing "Barbara Ann," which he thoroughly loved.  Here's what happened though   I though that "Barbara Ann" was going to be one of the encore songs, but it wasn't.  The group started right into it right after "Help Me Rhonda" (in the middle of the 2nd set).  I grabbed Ethan and we were thankfully not far from back stage (to get Ethan to the stage).  Stamos was front and center (surrounded by a stage FULL of gawking girls).  When he saw Ethan taking the stage (late) he came to back and took Ethan's hand and brought him right up front with him.  I was smiling ear to ear.  John then made it a point to pull the microphone down and sing right along with Ethan (ignoring all the females).

The entire group treated Ethan like one of the gang.  You could argue that is because I do ESQ…and that's probably true.  So what?  Is there something wrong with like-minded people being good to one another?  No.

Before the show Ethan had dinner with John, and after the show, John gave Ethan his drum sticks, Bruce gave him the setlist, and the guys all got their pictures with him, and even gave him a VIP laminate (for good keeping).

That's called good will.

Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, Jeffrey Foskett, Randell Kirsch, John Cowsill, Tim Bonhomme, Scott Totten and their friend John Stamos are CLASS ACTS.  They changed my son's life that day, and as a father taking his son to a "Beach Boys show," I can tell you firsthand that the music of The Beach Boys is alive and well.  Why did I share this VERY personal experience here?  Because this thread is all about John Stamos performing with the Beach Boys.  I know one 12.5 year old boy who didn't mind one bit.
Thanks for sharing that. Smiley
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 01, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »

I was fortunate to see the C50 show 4 times in 2012 and I was grateful that Stamos had no involvement in any of them, which was particularly surprising since two of them were at the Hollywood Bowl and Irvine. I work at a law firm and every time I told a young female associate or law clerk that summer that I was going to see the Beach Boys the first thing that came out their mouth was, "ooh, is John Stamos going to be there?" Since 1994, I have met John Stamos 2 times backstage at Beach Boys shows and run across him randomly 3 other times--once at Disneyland, once at Universal Studios and once at the Roxy Theater for Al Jardine's solo show in 2012. I have witnessed how he has interacted with Beach Boys fans and others, albeit briefly, on those occasions.  I can tell you that from what I have witnessed he appears to be a genuinely nice guy. Oh yeah--and my wife loves him.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:23:02 PM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 01, 2014, 01:37:03 PM »

I honestly can't even remember if Stamos was at the C50 show I saw. That's how little it matters in the end.....

That said, "Bruce Boys" gigs are more of a party than the C50 shows (which were a party indeed, but in a different way) ..... so I can't see how he harms such events. C'mon! He's a long long longtime fan! Why complain? He's one of us!

I'd much rather have him harmlessly helping out than some boring, predictable roster of flavor of the month "special guests" like the Stones do.
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 01, 2014, 01:44:35 PM »

I love that story ESQ. Stamos seems like a legit good guy. Nelson's a great guy too (met him a few times along w/ the rest of the band) but I don't think he sabotaged anything.

Stamos just seems happy to be there and face it, those Full House appearances really helped the Beach Boys get to a new audience as cringe-worthy as their image/new tunes were in the 80s...Kokomo was a huge hit and arguably their most famous at this point w/ those born in the 80s/90s.
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2014, 08:30:34 PM »

I never got the "Stamos hate". Look at this way, he's a fan and he's Mary Sue-ing on behalf of the fans who wish they could get up there and sing along with the boys.
He was also a very public fan at a time when being a fan of the Beach Boys was tantamount to being a Pat Boone fan...long before every Indie Rock act out there started (dubiously) claiming Brian Wilson as an influence to up their hipster cred.
I get it. He's the David Cassidy of his generation. So what?
I just don't see what the big deal is and why some fans are shaking their fists in rage at the mere sight of him. He's harmless and, as evidenced by David's story, a decent guy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2014, 09:20:58 PM »

Jimmy Kimmel tonight is a repeat,  and Stamos was just on. In it, he said that playing with the Beach Boys, more than anything else, was the highlight of his life.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
halblaineisgood
« Reply #321 on: August 01, 2014, 10:32:38 PM »

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:55:36 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #322 on: August 01, 2014, 10:34:57 PM »

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:55:56 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 01, 2014, 10:46:16 PM »

I never got the "Stamos hate". Look at this way, he's a fan and he's Mary Sue-ing on behalf of the fans who wish they could get up there and sing along with the boys.
He was also a very public fan at a time when being a fan of the Beach Boys was tantamount to being a Pat Boone fan...long before every Indie Rock act out there started (dubiously) claiming Brian Wilson as an influence to up their hipster cred.
I get it. He's the David Cassidy of his generation. So what?
I just don't see what the big deal is and why some fans are shaking their fists in rage at the mere sight of him. He's harmless and, as evidenced by David's story, a decent guy.

Like I said before, most of us guys are just jealous 'cause Stamos gets more p***y than we do.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: August 02, 2014, 12:39:53 AM »

I've met John a couple of times backstage, and he is a really down to earth guy. Whoever he is talking to gets his full attention. He even gave my buddy his drum sticks.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx