gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:41:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos accused…  (Read 132687 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »

Some people seem to have skin thinner than a Rizla paper...
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »

Nelson and John Cowsill have made up via Facebook. That's good. They also took shots at the Smiley Smile board. They seem to both think that this board is populated by drama queens that are looking for a soap opera. For some reason. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »

C'mon guys. Starscream has informed us of a serious and rather sad turn of events for this online community. No need to make light of or take obvious delight in what is clearly an unpleasant situation for all involved, especially the other mods. They undoubtedly had some difficult conversations today.

Thank you. I wasn't expecting this in the least. Although Jason and I have extremely different views on, well, just about everything,  i do consider him a friend and have a great deal of respect .

There will be a new mod at some point. Jonas hasnt be on in ages, and it's a lot of work for two people. Rest assured that the decision will be made only after careful consideration.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »

Nelson and John Cowsill have made up via Facebook. That's good. They also took shots at the Smiley Smile board. They seem to both think that this board is populated by drama queens that are looking for a soap opera. For some reason. 

Considering some members here took potshots at both of them, they're certainly entitled to feel that way.

I'm glad they patched things up. From every account i know of both are pretty swell guys in addition to being outstanding musicians.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »

They also took shots at the Smiley Smile board. They seem to both think that this board is populated by drama queens that are looking for a soap opera. For some reason. 

They've certainly got that right.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2014, 04:06:56 PM »

oh the irony!  Shocked
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2014, 04:11:13 PM »

We're not the ones posting childish rants on Facebook

They're the drama queens, not us

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »

Exactly.^^
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2014, 04:14:36 PM »

So there weren't just calls for justice regarding resignations of mods, or incessant whining about who's trolling which threads, or who's beating down whose opinions, etc.? Just because the pot calls the kettle black, it doesn't mean the kettle is any less black.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »

Seriously, anyone who called for Jason's resignation should all consider taking the job. I always loved that saying by Jesus, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

There's never been anybody named jesus that ever said anything like that

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2014, 04:24:31 PM »

LOL LOL
Ahh Ontor, we've missed you
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2014, 04:24:50 PM »

Seriously, anyone who called for Jason's resignation should all consider taking the job. I always loved that saying by Jesus, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

For the record I would love to see a (civilized) Sandbox thread about Biblical historicity / Christian history / Biblical criticism.

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »

Wow. I just got home from work...a lot of reading to do. So, who is winning? The Mike Love-endorsed John Stamos or the Brian Wilson non-endorsed John Stamos? What's the score? I see a moderator went down. Was that worth bonus points?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2014, 04:28:53 PM »

Do we blame Stamos, Bragg or Coswill for Jason's impeachment

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »

For the record I would love to see a (civilized) Sandbox thread about Biblical historicity / Christian history / Biblical criticism.

Ontor for President!!!!!  Grin

I, for one, avoid the sandbox like the plague, simply because I can't control myself overt here and say all sorts of stupid shite .... Once again I apologize to everyone there (who certainly gave me a run for my money ;P)  ..... I think it's important to recognize one's weak spots and not exploit them ourselves.

On the Stamosgate situation: this has been asked before, but just WHO the hell was in cahoots with John if not the rest of The Beach Boys? ..... Was some sound guy or tech really gonna risk being chucked off the tour by ruining a moment of sincere tribute to Dennis in order to appease Stamos? .... Even if John had said "Oh, Mike says it's OK" would this person really not ask Brian's people, who were doubtlessly around? .... And if Brian's people said "Sure, why not" then what's there to be angry about?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:39:35 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »

Just pretend I made it up on my own. The quote still stands on it's own merits no matter who came up with it. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »

Stamos did sing the song on a Beach Boys album. Right?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »

Stamos did sing the song on a Beach Boys album. Right?
Right, but that don't make a lick of difference on this board.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »

This saddens me, and if word gets back to either musician I hope my comments here make the trip too.

Drama and other assorted nonsense does happen, as it does on any fan community that's an open forum and has daily posts by several hundred members. It also happens in nearly every aspect of life where interaction between different personalities takes place. It happens in nearly every workplace or office where politics, in-fighting, and backstabbing are supposedly frowned upon yet flourish as a daily part of these operations. Someone gets a raise, someone asks for and gets a personal day off that others don't like, someone gets credit for a big deal that others worked harder for, word gets out...watch the feathers fly, and the nonsense makes this place mild in comparison. It happens in bands with three members who don't agree on what the name should be before the band even books a gig or plays an open mic set! I don't see where the expectation is different at a forum which is populated by opinionated musicians, collectors, fans, and any number of people from around the world.

But underneath all the "drama" is probably the most passionate and knowledgeable group of fans you'll find online. Collectors, writers, researchers, musicians, historians...people who get consulted for or even work directly on the "official" projects that come out around this band. Some people who have been involved in the things being discussed or have been there firsthand who can shed light on these topics. People who genuinely listen and enjoy when the band, its members, or even musicians who have worked with them release new music or even give an interview.

Don't discredit the whole thing, and suggest it's all drama and nonsense all the time. Because it's not. It's also not a place where flippant remarks, undue criticism, and a general level of hatred or whatever else rules the day. Again, it's an open forum with open discussions. Things happen. And also what happens is you get a lot of information here which appears nowhere else. You get some pretty deep discussions and analysis of the music and the people making it. You also get more potential audience members for upcoming gigs, albums, books, etc. so it might not be advisable to alienate the group here by suggesting it's all drama. These people are a core audience too.

There are forums, boards, and fan communities where the content is controlled and heavily moderated. If folks want that, there is the Mike Love Facebook page, the Brian Wilson Facebook page, other Beach Boys boards, and the like. Maybe they're not quite the drama and criticism that can happen here, but they're also pretty weak on content, in my opinion.

For what it's worth, those kinds of places aren't there for open-forum type discussion, that's not their purpose. At the same time they could use some of us who are labeled the drama queens and soap opera actors to make sure photos get labeled correctly, so a backstage photo from 1965 isn't tagged as 1967, and all kinds of little bits of info that a lot of us here could fix before it even gets sent out or published.

But if a place where reading a few hundred fans posting messages like "Happy Birthday" or "I can't wait to see the band next week!" is a better option than real people and passionate fans discussing things with each other...replete with some blasts of pure crap, drama, and nonsense on occasion...there are other places to connect with those kinds of fans.

But I wouldn't write this place off, especially how great it can it be when it is at its best. It's one of the best around as far as a community dedicated to a musical artist. My 2 cents.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2014, 05:45:48 PM »

very well put as usual.

This saddens me, and if word gets back to either musician I hope my comments here make the trip too.

It bothered me as well. If/when I speak to either again, I'll be sure that they know where you and I, along with the more levelheaded among us, stand.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »

very well put as usual.

It bothered me as well. If/when I speak to either again, I'll be sure that they know where you and I, along with the more levelheaded among us, stand.
The members only have themselves to blame as to how they are looked at by the musicians they admire. Only the members here can change that perception, and not through laying down restrictions. Best practice; think before you post.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »

Great post, Guitarfool

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2014, 06:17:39 PM »

When there is a new album out, or a fresh tour on, there is no board more essential in all of BB/BW fandom. The level of knowledge and sheer erudition is astonishing. When not much is happening, things can get rocky. There's nothing else to do but squabble or leap on tiny bits of news. Which can be fun, but most definitely not to all tastes.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »

When there is a new album out, or a fresh tour on, there is no board more essential in all of BB/BW fandom. The level of knowledge and sheer erudition is astonishing. When not much is happening, things can get rocky. There's nothing else to do but squabble or leap on tiny bits of news. Which can be fun, but most definitely not to all tastes.

Yeah...past two months have been pretty bumpy - post MiC was very fun, and I'm sure post new BW album with be similar.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2014, 06:31:31 PM »

Well said.

$$ Plus we buy their CDs, concert tickets, t-shirts, etc ,etc.

Hope they dont forget that part of the symbiotic relationship of  R&R dudes and their fans.  Tongue

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx