gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 03:35:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos accused…  (Read 133178 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »

Nelson Bragg, the guy onstage, is telling us what he saw: Stamos had a hand in making sure the video didn't work so he could run out and save the day by singing the rest of his signature song. Is it really so irrational to believe what that guy - the guy who was there and knows more than we do - is telling us? If Stamos did this, he deserves to be called out for it.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »

Nelson Bragg, the guy onstage, is telling us what he saw: Stamos had a hand in making sure the video didn't work so he could run out and save the day by singing the rest of his signature song. Is it really so irrational to believe what that guy - the guy who was there and knows more than we do - is telling us? If Stamos did this, he deserves to be called out for it.

Yes, but let's remember we're only getting one side of the story.

I personally found the tribute video things a bit forced, though I did appreciate them ...... I would have rather seen David sing Forever though. That would have been just as touching a tribute for hardcore fans.

I say we let these guys battle it out with each other. It's their business. I don't see the point of blasting someone in public 2 years down the line ..... Pay tribute to Dennis by knocking him out backstage or something.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »

How were the videos projected anyway? The only way Bragg would have seen anything is if there was a laptop near the drum kit. And then you have to wonder how to glitch a video like that on such short notice. If it were done in real-time, then whoever was behind the board must have been doing something complicated and unsubtle.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »

Funny how both Nelson & John were both up there on stage together, yet see what happened in totally different ways. Wow, kind of like here, huh? Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »

"and anyone who's buying this carp .................. "

I figured there was something fishy going on.......................

3D

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »

I know Nelson is going to take a lot of heat for this. He can be an emotional guy. He's a friend and I feel for him right now, especially after reading Cowsill's response. Stamos can handle it, he's used to taking crap for lots of stuff. I'm sure it will roll off of him, no problem. I have no idea how the Beacon incident generated, whether organically or if there was monkey business. I do remember thinking how convenient it was that the Forever track "malfunctioned" on a night in NYC, big moment, and John happened to be there. Any other incidents of it not working during C50? I don't know. Every time I saw it, it played beautifully. John wasn't there those nights. Gotta say when i have been around John he's always been really cool to me...ok I admit that I like him personally, I just don't like it when he distracts me from my Beach Boys fan love.

My concern is for Nelson right now. He's a sweet dude, great heart, really regular, totally capable of making a mistake, will tell you what's on his mind, maybe not the most politically skilled guy, but he has balls. I really hope he doesn't get kicked around too much for this. He's not a mean or vindictive type at all. He took a shot at Stamos like so many others have, but in the case of Nelson, he put his name on it. He might be wrong, he might be right, he did himself no favors by doing this, I hope he weathers the consequences okay. John will laugh it off.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »

I think Cowsill edited his original post. Only the line telling people "not to eat so much carp and grow up" is left. And this:  "Nelson, you need serious help man..."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:28:40 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »

Nelson Bragg, the guy onstage, is telling us what he saw: Stamos had a hand in making sure the video didn't work so he could run out and save the day by singing the rest of his signature song. Is it really so irrational to believe what that guy - the guy who was there and knows more than we do - is telling us?

But he DIDN'T tell us what he saw, and that's what I want to know. I just read the whole thread and I was looking for specifically WHAT STAMOS DID TO CAUSE THE MALFUNCTION. Did Stamos physically pull some plug? The only other way would be to "influence" the video or sound guy. Did Stamos bribe somebody? Would a video/sound man risk his job/career by taking a bribe from John Stamos? If Bragg was going to go that far in his accusatory post, I would think he would at least explain HOW Stamos pulled it off. I'd like to know anyway...
relx
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »

I think the salient point about all of this is that there is a big difference between JS being an annoying to some but overall harmless part of the BB world, and someone who would deliberately sabotage a BB show just to shine a spotlight on himself. If it is ever proven that the latter is true, he is certainly not the nice guy that many paint him to be. Though I don't know him at all, I really find it hard to believe that he would do something like this. I don't believe that even Mike--always the ultimate professional when it goes to live performance--would allow JS to do this, or think it was fine if JS did it on his own. Again, I don't know Stamos at all, but it just seems so far over the top. If he did in fact sabotage the song intentionally, I would have to believe Mike knew about it, which means that the split in the BB world is far worse than any of us imagine.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:40:12 PM by relx » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2014, 03:37:36 PM »

Cowsill just went down in my estimation, too. Accusing someone of being an alcoholic is not cool ...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2014, 03:40:07 PM »

Yeah, much ugly business between camps right now.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »

Nelson Bragg, the guy onstage, is telling us what he saw: Stamos had a hand in making sure the video didn't work so he could run out and save the day by singing the rest of his signature song. Is it really so irrational to believe what that guy - the guy who was there and knows more than we do - is telling us?

But he DIDN'T tell us what he saw, and that's what I want to know. I just read the whole thread and I was looking for specifically WHAT STAMOS DID TO CAUSE THE MALFUNCTION. Did Stamos physically pull some plug? The only other way would be to "influence" the video or sound guy. Did Stamos bribe somebody? Would a video/sound man risk his job/career by taking a bribe from John Stamos? If Bragg was going to go that far in his accusatory post, I would think he would at least explain HOW Stamos pulled it off. I'd like to know anyway...

Exactly.

Additionally, why would Stamos go to these lengths to sing "Forever"?  Couldn't he just ask Mike if he could take the lead that evening?  Why go through all this trouble?  A lot of trouble for very little payoff...Stamos ended up singing barely a verse and a couple choruses.  It would have looked A LOT worse if right at the moment the audio dropped, Stamos rushed out and began singing.  But that didn't happen.  The band went on autopilot for the length of a whole verse and part of a chorus before Stamos finally jumped in.  If Stamos was as desperate as people are making it out to be--why would he do all this for what ended up being barely half a song? 

Accusations are easy but when you try to put it together--the conspiracy falls apart. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:46:12 PM by Justin » Logged
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »

Cowsill just went down in my estimation, too. Accusing someone of being an alcoholic is not cool ...

Welcome to being a Beach Boys fan! ..... It's been a long 5 decades of folks going down in estimation...........

And now it's spilling over to the backing guys and associates ...... Maybe it's time for everyone involved to just call it a day  Undecided
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2014, 03:54:34 PM »

Cowsill coulda reserved comment in the Facebook public forum and used the private message option.  He sounded pissed. He and Stamos are likely friends and maybe Cowsill thought he should stick up for him and try to reduce the incoming flak and false accusations (without proof). Meanwhile, it seems like Cowsill contributed to the unprofessional public display himself.....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:55:57 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »

The post was removed. People will forget about this, hopefully quicker than they forgot that Stamos sang Forever at the Beacon. It's not important.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2014, 03:59:02 PM »

Did he delete the post?  It was there about 20 minutes ago and now I don't see it.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »

Horrible, horrible post by Coswill, just disgusting

Regarding Nelsons accusations, sounds like sour grapes, the shot at Mikes band at the end is much more interesting than the Stamos comments. With Brian not touring much these days maybe things are getting a little complicated for those guys. Jealousy towards the touring beach boys, 200+ dates a year, a dream for any musican

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2014, 04:20:43 PM »

John is a great singer - I'm glad he was able to rise to the occasion and save the day.

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2014, 04:21:07 PM »

watching the video footage....... does not seem like a set-up to me...

also..... the rest of the guys probably all had 'in ear' monitoring, so would have been hearing a different mix to 'FOH'.

maybe the vocal was in there, maybe it wasn't........ but like someone said before....... there was a long pause

before someone stepped in (John), to resolve the problem........

now,

in the past, (as in Brian tours) Jeff is quick off the mark to step in and fill in the blanks for Brian or the lines he forgets to come in on.....

and on this show..... NOBODY jumps in to 'save the day' and let it go so long....... which leads me to believe they weren't hearing anything different....

John is an actor, and maybe it was planned...... but by observation, technically, musically,......... I don't buy it.

RickB
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »

watching the video footage....... does not seem like a set-up to me...

also..... the rest of the guys probably all had 'in ear' monitoring, so would have been hearing a different mix to 'FOH'.

maybe the vocal was in there, maybe it wasn't........ but like someone said before....... there was a long pause

before someone stepped in (John), to resolve the problem........

now,

in the past, (as in Brian tours) Jeff is quick off the mark to step in and fill in the blanks for Brian or the lines he forgets to come in on.....

and on this show..... NOBODY jumps in to 'save the day' and let it go so long....... which leads me to believe they weren't hearing anything different....

John is an actor, and maybe it was planned...... but by observation, technically, musically,......... I don't buy it.

RickB
.. on the other hand, when the on-stage guys had the 'right' mix and knew what was going to happen, they basically had to let it happen - right? At the end of the day they're simply hired hands. If it was planned beforehand, however short-notice it was, the guys on stage had to know. Anything else would be rather f*cked up..

And of course Stamos didn't personally pull a plug or anything. D'uh. How do you guys think such a high-tech operation works? Wink
SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2014, 04:34:52 PM »

Stamos is great

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
ToneBender631
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »

Horrible, horrible post by Coswill, just disgusting

Regarding Nelsons accusations, sounds like sour grapes, the shot at Mikes band at the end is much more interesting than the Stamos comments. With Brian not touring much these days maybe things are getting a little complicated for those guys. Jealousy towards the touring beach boys, 200+ dates a year, a dream for any musican

I don't think Nelson needed to make the post he did, but John certainly could've sent him a private message (and maybe he did) asking Nelson to pull the post down. Perhaps he's one of John's "golf buddies"?

As far as the second part, I don't think that any of this has to do with "jealousy" or anything close to it. These guys have been with Brian for 15 years and I'm sure that none of them have any illusion as to how many shows Brian typically plays each year. They're professional musicians that get gigs when necessary to pay the bills.
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2014, 04:39:17 PM »

I think Nelson comes across as a major d-bag with that post...it read like a drunken frat boy posted it.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
Nicko1234
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2014, 04:41:58 PM »

A lot of fuss about nothing...

When I read the thread title I was expecting it to be about much more serious issues.

Stamos singing half a song two years ago is of no importance anymore and Nelson can`t have been thinking straight when he made his post.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2014, 04:48:17 PM »

Can anyone summarize what Cowsill said?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx