gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 06:53:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NY Post: Beach Boys Still Feisty After 50 Years  (Read 5086 times)
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »

http://pagesix.com/2014/07/26/beach-boys-still-feisty-after-50-years/

I'm wondering, what prompted this story.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:37:18 PM »

What a weird article.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »

bizarre...
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:14:28 PM »

I'm lost for words…

“We live in divisive times.”
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 11:20:03 PM »

Remaining Beach Boy Bruce Johnston wouldn’t comment on any reunion with his former mates, telling The Post’s John Aidan Byrne in Spain, “I need to think, I can’t talk right now.”

Why does this article exist?...

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 11:25:34 PM »

Seems the subplot is that Mike's sacked his entire band and Bruce is considering his only option - joining Al, Blondie and Dave in Brian's live shows. It had to come to this. And the New York Post got the exclusive.

Pulitzer stuff.

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »

Seems the subplot is that Mike's sacked his entire band and Bruce is considering his only option - joining Al, Blondie and Dave in Brian's live shows. It had to come to this. And the New York Post got the exclusive.

LOL

Pulitzer stuff.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 02:37:49 AM »

What a scoop.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 02:48:41 AM »

The Beach Boys never fail to amaze me.

This is solid info, reliable and well-researched.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 02:56:12 AM »

I think, though I'll have to check, that this may set a new record for the most items of totally inaccurate info expressed in the fewest possible words.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 03:34:20 AM »

Considering the source (for our UK/European friends, the NY Post is the U.S. equivalent of the Guardian or perhaps even the Daily Mail), and considering they were the dregs who published the photo of John Lennon's body in the morgue, I'm not surprised with the content of this article. As to why it exists? One of their "journalists" was probably in Madrid at the same time, had the opportunity to score this "exclusive", and just couldn't resist filing it with their bureau chief, who passed it onto the editors in NYC, who had a page to fill (printed or virtual).
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:53:43 AM »

That's a tad harsh on the Graun, C-Man. Mail or Mirror, for sure, but for all its faults and it's tiring tendency to want to be right on about everything to the absence of common sense, the Graun's not that bad.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 04:52:51 AM »

True. Currently, the Wail would have Adolf thinking "schiesse, these guys are really right wing".

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 04:54:51 AM »

All UK newspapers are crap.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 04:56:29 AM »

That's a tad harsh on the Graun, C-Man. Mail or Mirror, for sure, but for all its faults and it's tiring tendency to want to be right on about everything to the absence of common sense, the Graun's not that bad.

Beat me to it…

Likening the Guardian to the Daily Maul is like likening Theakstons Old Peculiar to Red Stripe.

Oops wrong thread… maybe…!

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 05:09:38 AM »

I think, though I'll have to check, that this may set a new record for the most items of totally inaccurate info expressed in the fewest possible words.  Grin

LOL

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »

Well, I did appreciate the article linked below this story, about “10 Biggest Classic Rock Douchebags.” It set the high standard also exemplified by this Beach Boys “article.”  LOL

I somehow doubt there’s any tension among the current touring lineup, at least to any degree that would case this “estrangement.” That’s not even addressing the fact that, obviously, if Mike was cheesed at any or all of his backing band, they could quickly be replaced.

Uh oh, are band members kneeing each other in the groin on stage like the Beach Boys allegedly did in the 70's?  LOL

Geez, if you’re going to make up a story, at least make it more interesting or plausible. The Bruce “quote” is unintentionally kind of funny though.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 09:07:19 AM »

Remaining Beach Boy Bruce Johnston wouldn’t comment on any reunion with his former mates, telling The Post’s John Aidan Byrne in Spain, “I need to think, I can’t talk right now.”

Why does this article exist?...

Lol...I envision Bruce walking past the reporter giving him a dismissive wave like he would some ebay autograph collector  as he says that line
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 09:16:53 AM »

Page 6 is equivalent to the National Enquirer.  Means nothing.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »

Beat me to it…

Likening the Guardian to the Daily Maul is like likening Theakstons Old Peculiar to Red Stripe.

Oops wrong thread… maybe…!

Oh no, Old Peculiar is way better beer than the Graun is a newspaper...
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 04:29:23 AM »

Considering the source (for our UK/European friends, the NY Post is the U.S. equivalent of the Guardian or perhaps even the Daily Mail), and considering they were the dregs who published the photo of John Lennon's body in the morgue, I'm not surprised with the content of this article. As to why it exists? One of their "journalists" was probably in Madrid at the same time, had the opportunity to score this "exclusive", and just couldn't resist filing it with their bureau chief, who passed it onto the editors in NYC, who had a page to fill (printed or virtual).

Or, alternately, it could be the editor said to the reporter, "You're in Madrid and so are the Beach Boys...get me some dirt on them". And the reporter replied, "OK...well, uh...not much there, but let's see what I can come up with". And there you have it.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 12:44:48 AM »

By the way, C-Man, did I miss the sessionography coming out during the soccer world cup? Grin It's over, and WE won! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 01:04:42 AM »

Yes, but it was only up for 12 hours, and you needed a special code to download it.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 04:19:19 AM »

Yes, but it was only up for 12 hours, and you needed a special code to download it.

LOL
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 04:21:50 AM »

I heard the sessionography won't be coming out now because fans have been calling Capitol and asking when it will be published.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx