gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:19:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suddenly Something Happened by Jimmy Beaulieu  (Read 1022 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2014, 09:01:15 AM »

I just read the book "Suddenly Something Happened" by Jimmy Beaulieu which features autobiographic anecdotes. One of them tells the story about how he was turned on to the Beach Boys and visited a Brian Wilson concert 2 years later. A satisfying read for fans like us. Unfortunately, like many others Beaulieu blames everything wrong about the Beach Boys to Mike Love, going as far as to call him a bad singer, and also mistakes Brian's backing band as "The Wondermints led by Jeffrey Foskett".

Is anyone else here familiar with Jimmy Beaulieu's work? The rest of the book is a nice read too. Check it out if you're into sophisticated comic books.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »

I'm familiar with his name but never read any of his stuff. He's primarily an artist, not a writer, right? Any recommendations?
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:43 AM »

It's the first book of him I ever read. The correct term to name his profession probably is "cartoonist". I like his drawing style, and some of his stuff is really thoughtful.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx