gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680823 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:43:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote for Brian! best songwriter of all time  (Read 26175 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2014, 07:28:35 AM »

Dylan is gone, Brian is up to #2  Grin

Rock!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Nicko1234
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »

The fact that Elvis is on the list says everything about the validity of this poll.  LOL
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2014, 08:27:14 AM »

The fact that Elvis is on the list says everything about the validity of this poll.  LOL
lets make Bruce number one! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2014, 08:30:42 AM »

lets make Bruce number one! LOL

Hey, Pipeline beats the hell out of anything those damn Beatles ever recorded!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2014, 08:41:07 AM »

Don't forget to vote for Dennis as well!
Nicko1234
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2014, 08:51:16 AM »

Yep for Do You Wanna Dance, Little Miss America, My Diane etc.  Wink
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2014, 08:55:59 AM »

Yep for Do You Wanna Dance, Little Miss America, My Diane etc.  Wink
Huh?
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

While we're at it let's get Brian (and Carl) to the top of the best singers list!

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/20-greatest-singers?page=1
bluesno1fann
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »

While we're at it let's get Brian (and Carl) to the top of the best singers list!

Carl's at 187 at the moment. This needs to change.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »

He's wasn't even on the list when I looked, so I had to add him.  At least he's already moved up 15 positions.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2014, 05:08:46 PM »

He's wasn't even on the list when I looked, so I had to add him.  At least he's already moved up 15 positions.

That's great!
Dennis Wilson is at 63 on the Best Songwriters list. Let's vote him up!
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »

I didn't see Burt Bacharach/Hal David  in there. Did I just miss them? They should be top 10 easily.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Nicko1234
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2014, 07:24:30 PM »

I didn't see Burt Bacharach/Hal David  in there. Did I just miss them? They should be top 10 easily.

Burt Bacharach is somewhere below Elvis in the songwriters list...obviously.  Roll Eyes
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2014, 08:39:58 PM »

Don't forget guys we won, Brian may not be ranked first due to some bureaucratic bull sh*t, but by votes alone he should be first

Not even the combined effort of both Lennon and Mccartney could hold off Brian.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2014, 05:43:25 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:05:02 PM by zatch » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »

Bad news. Brian Wilson's gone down to 3, and Bob Dylan's back at 2. There's been a wave of dislikes for Brian lately. Plus he ranks low on re-ranks.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »

On a bit of a lighter note, Dennis Wilson's gone up to 57 52 from 63. And Carl Wilson's gone up to 166 on the Best Singers list, right above James Hetfield and right below George Jones.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:30:40 PM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2014, 06:16:39 PM »

Bullshit. Brian has the best vote ratio he should be number #1

A votes a vote

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »

Don't forget guys we won, Brian may not be ranked first due to some bureaucratic bull sh*t, but by votes alone he should be first

Not even the combined effort of both Lennon and Mccartney could hold off Brian.

If we had all made accounts and put Brian at the top of our own lists, he probably would've been first. It appears that's how L/M made it to first.

Yeah, that's true. It even says "List is ranked by a combination of each item's votes & positioning in reranks". In terms of votes, Brian's first now. But it doesn't do well on re-ranks. Dylan on the other hand has been the most listed, and Lennon and McCartney has been voted first on reranks more than anyone else.  Sad
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:26:06 PM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2014, 09:37:02 PM »

It doesn't mean much. Most of the lists on Ranker.com only get a few votes, less than 100 for the top-ranked. So, no one much visits the website for most of their lists, some of which are pretty ridiculous. The only people voting on the songwriter list are stuffing the ballot box for their favorites.  I'm sure that poll has been discussed on Beatles and Dylan message boards, too.

By the way, Ranker.com also has a list for greatest living songwriter, and Brian is not even in the Top 20 on that list.

http://www.ranker.com/list/greatest-living-rock-songwriter/lons

Brian only needs less than 700 votes to overtake McCartney on the greatest-living list, who's #1.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2014, 10:17:23 PM »

Doesn't matter, we won . We doubled Brian's votes in a matter of hours.

The people have spoken, over 2 thousand of us. Brian's the best ever, case closed  Grin
I clap your stubbornness. Brian must be 1st over all sorts of Dylans/Lennon-McCartneys. He IS the best. Fact.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2014, 11:35:04 PM »

Bad news. Brian Wilson's gone down to 3, and Bob Dylan's back at 2. There's been a wave of dislikes for Brian lately. Plus he ranks low on re-ranks.
lennon/mccartney and dylan were NOWHERE near brian.
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »

the one time i had the opportunity to meet brian wilson i was shaking like a leaf, but after shaking hands, getting an autograph, and brian telling me to "have a good sleep", i couldn't help myself and told him "you are the greatest songwriter ever". brian looked genuinely surprised, and asked me, "better than bacharach?" i replied, "oh yes, you are better than bacharach" brian then added, "how about mccartney", to which i replied, "you are better than him too, you have no idea how great you are, etc. etc.". real fanboy gushing, and his band stood around the table, laughing. as i let the next person in the line step up to meet the genius, brian laughed to himself, "not better than mccartney". professional modesty?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2014, 05:44:27 AM »

the one time i had the opportunity to meet brian wilson i was shaking like a leaf, but after shaking hands, getting an autograph, and brian telling me to "have a good sleep", i couldn't help myself and told him "you are the greatest songwriter ever". brian looked genuinely surprised, and asked me, "better than bacharach?" i replied, "oh yes, you are better than bacharach" brian then added, "how about mccartney", to which i replied, "you are better than him too, you have no idea how great you are, etc. etc.". real fanboy gushing, and his band stood around the table, laughing. as i let the next person in the line step up to meet the genius, brian laughed to himself, "not better than mccartney". professional modesty?
Brian Wilson... ♥
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2014, 04:10:16 PM »

To piggyback on this thread...

For those that have an account on the Hoffman forum, you should go vote for the Beach Boys: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/battle-of-the-best-american-bands-of-all-time-championship-round-please-read-the-initial-post.393327/

It's sort of a silly thing, but I'd like to see them win.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:11:09 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx