gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:43:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote for Brian! best songwriter of all time  (Read 25994 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2014, 08:02:12 PM »

I tried to vote but kept trying to access the site but couldn't, find a place to vote. Went to the site numerous times, WANKER. COM.    Kept getting some weird images............WTF?
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2014, 08:39:24 AM »

Only two votes down.  106 to 108.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2014, 02:14:23 PM »

Only two votes down.  106 to 108.

Now it's 109-119....
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2014, 09:35:38 PM »

Not registered in that other board, it says I can view votes after voting. I hope The Boys made huge gap forward, CCR being another fave of mine notwithstanding.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »

Not registered in that other board, it says I can view votes after voting. I hope The Boys made huge gap forward, CCR being another fave of mine notwithstanding.

Unfortunately, it's now 111-123
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »

Somebody oughta vote 12 times - no, better 50 times to get the Boys to championship. Is it possible?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2014, 10:16:40 PM »

Somebody oughta vote 12 times - no, better 50 times to get the Boys to championship. Is it possible?

Good luck trying to obtain the time and patience to make that many fake accounts! lol
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »

You mean it is illegal to vote multiple times for one single poster? Well, that's boring. Serious business. *major air-quoting*
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:20:24 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2014, 06:34:47 AM »

Hoffman's forum poll it's closed now, the best band ever won!!!   Grin

forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/battle-of-the-best-american-bands-of-all-time-championship-round-please-read-the-initial-post.393327/
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »

Another poll... this time it's Bob Dylan vs The Beach Boys.  Let's get those votes in!  And you don't even have to register.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bob-dylan-beach-boys-hall-of-fame-round-one/
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »

Another poll... this time it's Bob Dylan vs The Beach Boys.  Let's get those votes in!  And you don't even have to register.

Oy. The thought of either of them losing depresses me.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »

Oy. The thought of either of them losing depresses me.

It looks like you can refresh the page and vote multiple times, so vote for them both lol.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2014, 01:22:49 PM »

Those two should be the finalists, not battling it out in a preliminary round.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:24:16 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »

The thing takes  a L O N G time to load and even though  one doesn't have to register or login to vote...I see no evidence that clicking on those thumbs provided did squat.  I also voted for a few other artists who I feel deserve my support as well...like Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell and John Fogerty.  And YES I voted for Dennis but to see him ranked in the top 60 certainly smacks of ballot box stuffing.  Stilll...I couldn't help myself...sugar pie honey bunch...no I didn't go there...I declilined to vote for H.D.H...but then I doubt my votes were actually counted. Huh
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:50:46 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »

Another poll... this time it's Bob Dylan vs The Beach Boys.  Let's get those votes in!  And you don't even have to register.

It's an easy pick for me. Bar one or two songs, I quite honestly cannot stand Bob Dylan's music (Mainly his voice). I strongly respect him as a songwriter and lyricist however. But I'll always take the covers over the Dylan originals (with the exception of Knockin' On Heaven's Door)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:36:44 AM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2014, 09:17:44 PM »

Rei, you quoted the wrong post. It should've been sth. like:

Another poll... this time it's Bob Dylan vs The Beach Boys.  Let's get those votes in!  And you don't even have to register.

It's an easy pick for me. Bar one or two songs, I quite honestly cannot stand Bob Dylan's music (Mainly his voice). I strongly respect him as a songwriter and lyricist however. But I'll always take the covers over the Dylan originals (with the exception of Knockin' On Heaven's Door)
Anyway, I agree with you. Only that I don't care neither for his lyrics, nor songwriting. Anything, really. There MUST be only 1 winner. We reside where? Right, in the Beach. Boys. Message. Board. So by definition (or is it by default? Whatever) we MUST vote for our band. Izzat right? YES!

bluesno1fann
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2014, 01:42:22 AM »

Rei, you quoted the wrong post. It should've been sth. like:

Anyway, I agree with you. Only that I don't care neither for his lyrics, nor songwriting. Anything, really. There MUST be only 1 winner. We reside where? Right, in the Beach. Boys. Message. Board. So by definition (or is it by default? Whatever) we MUST vote for our band. Izzat right? YES!

My mistake. Fixed it. And agreed that we should vote for our band.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2014, 06:56:55 PM »

Come on folks get those votes in!  The Dylan fans are killing us!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »

Come on folks get those votes in!  The Dylan fans are killing us!

To be fair, I'm just surprised that the Boys are going as good as they are. They were ahead for a while, and even now aren't exactly trailing far behind. Considering all the Dylan gushers around, and the stigma against the Boys, I'd say we're quite lucky as it is.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2014, 01:30:14 AM »

Brian being the greatest songwriter/composer of the last half century isnt a question its a valid statement ... I always see Dylan at the top of these bogus lists and its laughable. By the age of 25 brian had already proved to the world that he was the kingpin of the industry and THE advantage he had over mccartney is that brian wrote and produced when the beatles were useless without george martin...and when rockNroll downspiraled commercially after 1967 for the next several years brians focus was producing outside of the group but his contribution was solidified and the purists knew and will always know that his ability could never and would never be topped.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »

Let's get Brian above #116 for greatest songwriter!  And get Carl and Dennis out of last place!  Yes, I have nothing else to do right now lol. 

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/20-greatest-singers
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx