gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:11:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sydney smiley smilers  (Read 4320 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:15:14 AM »

Looks like I'm going to be in Sydney, Australia, from August 20 to 25. Any chance for a meeting with other board members?

(I don't know which would be the right SS subboard for this thread, but I guess most people are here.)

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:40:07 AM »

*waves*  There's a bunch of us around!

Unfortunately, I may be in Canberra at the time...  check back closer to the day!

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:47:26 AM »

I'll keep this thread in my eye... Smiley

TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 01:05:14 PM »

I'm here (still). Haven't had much time for all things BW/BB of late apart from listening to the music (and isn't that really what its all about?). Would love to catch up with John and the crew. So Micha I too will keep and eye on this thread.
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 06:27:53 PM »

Hi guys,

I too live in this beautiful and expensive city down under! Feel free to keep me in the loop if you want, I'd love to meet fellow Beach Boys fanatics!

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

if you were down near Melbourne............

darn shame eh?

RickB
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 06:43:24 PM »

darn shame eh?

RickB

Yeah, Micha - why the blazes do you want to go to Sydney? Cancel that idea and come down to Melbourne instead; we're much more civilised and better set-up to accomodate urbane Euro gentlemen like your good self!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 07:04:27 PM »

darn shame eh?

RickB

Yeah, Micha - why the blazes do you want to go to Sydney? Cancel that idea and come down to Melbourne instead; we're much more civilised and better set-up to accomodate urbane Euro gentlemen like your good self!

LOL So True!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 07:11:54 PM »

darn shame eh?

RickB

LOL So True!

Oh wait!  There's reason Numero Uno for Sydney....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 04:48:01 AM »

Yeah, Micha - why the blazes do you want to go to Sydney?

I just put my finger on the map... Cheesy

Astronomically, Melbourne would have been the better choice for a northern hemispherian like me! Smiley But it's all set now.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 07:18:19 AM »

darn shame eh?

RickB

LOL So True!

Oh wait!  There's reason Numero Uno for Sydney....

What's that supposed to mean?  Brow
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 03:19:46 PM »

So, who's interested in a Sydney meeting? PM me for mobile phone number exchange, and you're welcome to suggest meeting places and times right here in the thread! Smiley

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 03:28:48 PM »

Melbourne?  Isn't that where the Abby Winters ladies hang out?  Shocked   I'd LOVE to go there!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 07:32:15 AM »

Melbourne?  Isn't that where the Abby Winters ladies hang out?  Shocked   I'd LOVE to go there!
WOW!  You learn something everyday - never heard of Abby Winters before now.  Ring-a-ding-ding!

Well, Mikie - come to Melbourne - I'll happily supply the beers then send you off to meet Abby and Friends (having said that, the muff-tucker ratio seems pretty high at Abby W, so you may end up with a cold Kebab, a headache and a nap on the nearest St Kilda street corner)

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 09:37:43 AM »

WOW!  You learn something everyday - never heard of Abby Winters before now.  Ring-a-ding-ding!

Well, Mikie - come to Melbourne - I'll happily supply the beers then send you off to meet Abby and Friends (having said that, the muff-tucker ratio seems pretty high at Abby W, so you may end up with a cold Kebab, a headache and a nap on the nearest St Kilda street corner)

hahahha! so so true!  LOL

RickB
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 06:12:16 AM »

Just to close this thread, I'm back from my journey now, and did get to meet John Stivaktas in Sydney. I enjoyed that evening very much! Smiley Smiley Smilers should meet much more often.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:55:12 AM by Micha » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 06:47:13 AM »

Just to close this thread, I'm back from my journey now, and did get to meet John Stivatkas in Sydney. I enjoyed that evening very much! Smiley Smiley Smilers should meet much more often.

O, I have done so. Several times. Very enjoyable indeed. I second your advice !

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »

Sorry I wasn't able to follow up on any kind of meeting -- I've been up to my neck in day-job and film-related work, so I've barely even been around here!

...and looking through recent threads, perhaps it's just as well...

Cheers,
Jon Blum
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »

Just to close this thread, I'm back from my journey now, and did get to meet John Stivaktas in Sydney. I enjoyed that evening very much! Smiley Smiley Smilers should meet much more often.

Yes Micha, it was a wonderful night my friend and a true pleasure to meet you and discuss the Beach Boys! I sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay in Australia.

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx