gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680824 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:22:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: M.I.U./L.A. 2-fer, Canadian  (Read 4946 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 05:29:24 PM »

Am I the only one who would love another MIU? At least something that resembles the second side? Embarrassed

I wouldn't mind transplanting Brian's voice from something like "Sweet Sunday Kinda Love" to the new album. Too bad Brian tuned up his voice a bit from "Love You" in order to single, as AGD puts in in his ComGuide, a love affair related in terms of a tennis match. Poor Brian, got broken just like a serve.  LOL

There are a handfull of good tracks on MIU. "My Diane", though of course not as closely tied to the actual "MIU" project, is the strongest. But if your ears ever bleed listening to something like "Summer in Paradise", you'll be delighted by even something as inconsequential as "Pitter Patter."

And c'mon, "Hey Little Tomboy" is so wrong, so inappropriate and creepy, that it transcends all of that and becomes some kind of weird performance art.

heya .....

can you define which part of 'sunday love' you love of Brian's?Huh  

just so I can listen also....... the lead vocal is Carl Wilson.....?....

and in regards to 'hey little tomboy'...... I think everyone has taken that all out of context....... knowing Brian and the 'innocence' of things in the

way he works........ I would not believe what people think the song means...... think everyone is reading into the lyrics 'Way' too much.....

RickB

I'm sure Brian meant it very innocently. The funny part isn't that they purposely wrote such a lurid, creepy song. It's that they did so without being able to be objective enough to realize how it ridiculous it sounds.

There is an argument to be made that there is no scenario by which men nearing 40 years old could sing that song and have it not sound inappropriate, in any context.

But ultimate, unknowingly creepy is still creepy.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 05:31:02 PM »

Am I the only one who would love another MIU? At least something that resembles the second side? Embarrassed

And c'mon, "Hey Little Tomboy" is so wrong, so inappropriate and creepy, that it transcends all of that and becomes some kind of weird performance art.

As many times as this comes up, I just don't see the problem.  Me, I talk to my friends sometimes about "outlook"; I'm 60. friends are the same  or slightly older. Almost all agree that when " checking women out" we think of ourselves as younger. The age reference is generally  14-20. Most guys think of themselves that way. If they're honest.
 You, and I suppose, all the others that are SO incensed by HLT think that because  Brian was PHYSICALLY in his 30s was writing as AN OLD MAN.
You're all Full of sh*t, is all I can gather. He wrote it from a late teens perspective( which is very normal) .
Get over it already. It's old news. The ONLY creepy thing  is continually posting that it's creepy.  

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »

As many times as this comes up, I just don't see the problem.  Me, I talk to my friends sometimes about "outlook"; I'm 60. friends are the same  or slightly older. Almost all agree that when " checking women out" we think of ourselves as younger. The age reference is generally  14-20. Most guys think of themselves that way. If they're honest.
 You, and I suppose, all the others that are SO incensed by HLT think that because  Brian was PHYSICALLY in his 30s was writing as AN OLD MAN.
You're all Full of sh*t, is all I can gather. He wrote it from a late teens perspective( which is very normal) .
Get over it already. It's old news. The ONLY creepy thing  is continually posting that it's creepy.  

I'm not incensed at all. Far from it. It's precisely because I believe Brian wasn't trying to be creepy that I can laugh about it.

It's a hilarious misfire in their career, long forgotten if ever paid any attention in the first place by most people.

As far as the armchair psychology about men and their mindset, all I know is that everybody is different.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 07:32:29 PM »

Me and my 14 year old girlfriend agree.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 03:10:37 AM »

Sure, the MIU version sounds borderline-but-innocent-given-the-benefit-of-the-doubt, but if you listen to the outtake with the spoken word section, it puts it into a different light. Rather than creeping close to the edge of tastefulness from the side of innocence, the MIU version now sounds like they toned down the creepiness from a worse place. Leering, perving older men. And in today's climate that comes off even worse than it might have done in the 70s.

I'm going to teach you to kiss? Help you shave your legs for the first time? Definitely dubious to me.

i work at a university, and to me the undergraduates (18-21) look (and act) like children, so don't include me in that 14-20 age bracket. That's fine for you, but it doesn't apply to everyone. Just sayin' Smiley

Nicko1234
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 08:52:09 AM »

Sure, the MIU version sounds borderline-but-innocent-given-the-benefit-of-the-doubt, but if you listen to the outtake with the spoken word section, it puts it into a different light. Rather than creeping close to the edge of tastefulness from the side of innocence, the MIU version now sounds like they toned down the creepiness from a worse place. Leering, perving older men. And in today's climate that comes off even worse than it might have done in the 70s.

I'm going to teach you to kiss? Help you shave your legs for the first time? Definitely dubious to me.

i work at a university, and to me the undergraduates (18-21) look (and act) like children, so don't include me in that 14-20 age bracket. That's fine for you, but it doesn't apply to everyone. Just sayin' Smiley

Agreed. I teach 14 and 15 year olds and they definitely act like kids. I`m very glad to say that I don`t have any fantasies about them...
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx