gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 06, 2024, 06:51:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bootlegs from Making Waves  (Read 2719 times)
SunnyDownSnuff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »

I went to a record store in Sweden today--I'm visiting family--and I found three Beach Boys bootlegs in the back, all from the "Collectors Series" that I later found to be by the label Making Waves. The boots were Adult Child, California Feeling, and The New Album, and each was around $30. I didn't buy one, not knowing if it was worth it and what the overlap is on the Made in California box set. Which of these is best/most worth the money, and which do I have the least of if I already own the MIC set and Good Vibrations set?

Thanks in advance.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »

Making Waves label - Canada - vinyl bootleg

Beach Boys New Album (Collector’s Series #1)
Beach Boys Adult Child (Collector’s Series #2)
Beach Boys Merry Christmas (Collector’s Series #3)
Beach Boys California Feeling (Collector’s Series #4)

OK, here's the deal. It's a matter of two things. Do you want these vinyl bootlegs as collectibles or do you want the tracks in great sound quality? If you want the best sound quality for these particular tracks, you're not going to get it here as they're just average. The set of them (4) came out in the early 80's I believe and I think (but not certain) that Adult Child and California Feeling are knock-offs of the original ones on the Brother label with different track line-ups. There are quite a few sources for ALL of these tracks available elsewhere on CD and downloads that are of MUCH better quality sound than these. Just for collectability alone, I wouldn't go more than 15 or 20 bucks each in mint condition.

P.S. There is no 'overlap' of these albums with the MIC box set. Just get the MIC box set no matter what. There's no comparison of sound quality in the box set compared to these old vinyl boots. Not even compared to the original bootlegs on vinyl and CD, including the Dumb Angel series (which are pretty damn good quality themselves).

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 11:22:44 AM »

Lucky thing you're on here today, Mikie. I reckon there's almost nobody that knows more about the boots than you!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
SunnyDownSnuff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 12:27:07 AM »

Thanks for your help Mikie. I think I'm going to buy one so I can get rid of my foreign money. Which of those three is the most essential?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:01:35 AM »

Just a small point, but the title to #4 was printed as Califonia FeelingSmiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 02:42:22 AM »

According to Hot Wacks, the Making Waves bootlegs were issued in '83.

TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 01:59:19 PM »

DAMN, ARE YOU LUCKY!!

I've ALWAYS wanted these - especially "The New Album"!
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »

I bought The New Album and the misspelled Califonia Feeling LPs in 2001 at a used record store in Connecticut for $10 each. I was psyched, never heard Sherry She Needs Me or the yucky version of Hey Little Tomboy before.  The sound quality on those albums are rough but I still love to throw 'em on the turntable. Made In Canada  Afro

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »

Funny, the title is misspelled on the cover (Califonia Feeling) but the title on the record label is spelt correctly.  Seems like somebody forgot to preafrood their work!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 03:43:13 PM »

I bought The New Album and the misspelled Califonia Feeling LPs in 2001 at a used record store in Connecticut for $10 each. I was psyched, never heard Sherry She Needs Me or the yucky version of Hey Little Tomboy before.  The sound quality on those albums are rough but I still love to throw 'em on the turntable. Made In Canada  Afro

The gold coloured wax version of The New Album has better sound quality (or so I've been told Grin)

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx