-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  End the Assault on Our Rights!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: End the Assault on Our Rights!  (Read 1495 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:39:23 AM »

End the assault on our civil rights!

No, we're not all Americans, but I think most of us regardless of national origin can agree that the freedom of speech, explicitly protected by the constitutions or laws of many countries and included in the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights, is an essential component of civil society and indeed an inherent human right.

Why, then, is it that on this very message board, sometimes when I express my opinion, someone else expresses an opinion directly contrary to mine? Am I no longer allowed to have an opinion? Is that what this board--this Internet! this world!--is coming to?

As if this ongoing assault against my rights to an opinion weren't enough, every time I post my initial opinion again in direct defense against the contrarian aggressor, he or someone else restates the assaulting oppositionary idea again! This of course necessitates an escalation on my part. The opinions race between superpowers is an inevitable result, draining our precious and limited resources.

This is entirely unacceptable and I demand immediate action by the moderators. Short of that, all honorable board members must step to fight the menace that is the overwhelming aggression against free speech, ensuring that this attack (in the guise of "alternative opinions") end, crushed beneath the might of the people.

We've been repressed and oppressed far too long, my fellow board members, living in the fear that our opinions will be censored (or, if you prefer, "opposed by an equally unprovable and frankly entirely unimportant opinion of some similar schmuck").

Or are you afraid to stir the pot, to start trouble? Fine, sit quietly. But who knows? Next it may be your freedom of speech flattened beneath the heavy heel of the Boot of Contradiction. And then!... and then ... um ... yeah I guess nothing happens because it's just a stupid message board. 

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:48:48 AM »

Excellent.
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »

Ok, ok. Minnesota is in a better position right now than Detroit. Happy?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: