gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:55:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coolest-looking rock-stars  (Read 20627 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2014, 05:17:12 PM »

They had a relationship and got married when she was old enough. I hate paedophiles with a passion, they make me sick. I just don't think Bill is. He's not known to have been with any other underage girl. Look at his other relationships. Paedophiles are mainly attracted to underage girls (or boys), and prey on them constantly. Bill's not like that.
Also, put it this way. You're not Bill Wyman. You're not one of his friends. You don't know him personally. I'm just the same. You're essentially making an assumption about him.
If you still think Bill's a sick paedo, go ahead (and go bash Page and Bowie and Presley and all that)... but keep in mind what Bill's been like the last 20 years or so. If he wasn't back in the day, he sure as hell ain't one now!

So you hate paedophiles.

You should probably stop defending them then.

I don't defend them. I think Paedophiles either need serious help, or should be locked up. I'm 15, around the same age as Mandy when she was with Bill. The thought of a classmate of mine dating an old man who goes around dating other schoolgirls turns my stomach.

Say, Bill Wyman was maybe a paedophile back in the 80's for dating (and later marrying) Mandy Smith. Would you say he still is now when he's remarried, have a family, and doesn't cheat on his wife (unlike past relationships when he was in the Stones).

I would say he's a paedophile because he f***ed a 14 year old child long enough until he was able to marry her, which is sickening. His later life doesn't excuse this.

The fact you are unable to process that Bill Wyman was a paedophile is really fucking sad. But tell us about Hitler wasn't so bad one more time.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30:14 PM »

The best bassline in a Stones song would be Sympathy for the Devil - and Keith wrote/played that one.

Oh come on... this just proves how underrated Bill's bass playing is to a lot of people. Listen to something like I Wanna Be Your Man, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Miss You, etc. Hell, he's a big inspiration for me on the bass. I just don't understand why people won't give him his dues.

You really can't beat this. 1968 Lennon was the coolest.

Bill Wyman was pretty cool. He was definitely the oldest rocker of the British invasion, practically middle-aged.

Good Lord, I must disagree with your assessment of John's coolness in this 1968 photo. He had many cooler incarnations. 1965 for one.

Bill Wyman, the most expendable of The Rolling Stones. How was he cool? Bad hair.

He wasn't the most expendable. He has pretty awesome hair in the 60's, I really like his personality, he comes across as the smartest and most meticulous Stone and the most reliable, he has an incredible memory and wrote several great books, etc. I could go on!

Bill's got many off the hook basslines in the Stone's canon.

Miss You
19th Nervous Breakdown
Satisfaction
When The Whip Comes Down
Hot Stuff
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
She's So Cold
Midnight Rambler
He's not playing bass on Jumpin Jack Flash, but he DID come up with the riff (which he plays on the organ on the record) so, good enough.
In Another Land
Slave
..... just to name a few.

Plus, the band didn't really come together until him and Charlie started playing together and "something started happening" as Keith says.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:31:11 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:12 PM »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:06:52 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:29 PM »

They had a relationship and got married when she was old enough. I hate paedophiles with a passion, they make me sick. I just don't think Bill is. He's not known to have been with any other underage girl. Look at his other relationships. Paedophiles are mainly attracted to underage girls (or boys), and prey on them constantly. Bill's not like that.
Also, put it this way. You're not Bill Wyman. You're not one of his friends. You don't know him personally. I'm just the same. You're essentially making an assumption about him.
If you still think Bill's a sick paedo, go ahead (and go bash Page and Bowie and Presley and all that)... but keep in mind what Bill's been like the last 20 years or so. If he wasn't back in the day, he sure as hell ain't one now!

So you hate paedophiles.

You should probably stop defending them then.

I don't defend them. I think Paedophiles either need serious help, or should be locked up. I'm 15, around the same age as Mandy when she was with Bill. The thought of a classmate of mine dating an old man who goes around dating other schoolgirls turns my stomach.

Say, Bill Wyman was maybe a paedophile back in the 80's for dating (and later marrying) Mandy Smith. Would you say he still is now when he's remarried, have a family, and doesn't cheat on his wife (unlike past relationships when he was in the Stones).

I would say he's a paedophile because he f***ed a 14 year old child long enough until he was able to marry her, which is sickening. His later life doesn't excuse this.

The fact you are unable to process that Bill Wyman was a paedophile is really fucking sad. But tell us about Hitler wasn't so bad one more time.

I have to say, if he is a paedophile, then that would deeply sadden and disappoint me. Because he just doesn't come across as a bad guy otherwise. It's just hard to believe. I suppose you have a point. But at least I can still respect his work, and his personality other than what he did to Mandy. And I've never said Hitler wasn't so bad. He was one of the worst people of the 20th Century, though I'd say Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot's worse. But that's off-topic.

I'd like to hear your opinion on Jimmy Page and David Bowie BTW. There was a 13 year old groupie named Lori Maddox who lost her virginity to David Bowie. A year later, she met Jimmy Page. He liked her, and had her kidnapped and locked up in his mansion, and had a lot of sex with her. Arguably, what Page did is worse than what Wyman did.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2014, 05:36:53 PM »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:06:40 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »

I have to say, if he is a paedophile, then that would deeply sadden and disappoint me.

If?

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 05:38:16 PM »

Eh, its not like Bill was that useful anyway. A few basslines in there are cool, but like Keith said (im paraphrasing) "I got Bill in the band because I wanted to get his amp off him."

Keith has also said many many great things about his playing!

Like Keith would keep someone in the band who sucked for 30+ years?
bluesno1fann
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »

Arguably, what Page did is worse than what Wyman did.
Everything's always a competition with you.

"sigh"

http://www.cracked.com/article_20560_5-beloved-celebrities-everyone-forgets-did-terrible-things.html
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »

No one is defending them either. You're the only one who's taken that side.

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2014, 05:41:40 PM »

Eh, its not like Bill was that useful anyway. A few basslines in there are cool, but like Keith said (im paraphrasing) "I got Bill in the band because I wanted to get his amp off him."

Hell, before Daryl Jones came on board as Bill's replacement the joke was that Mick was going to be the new bass player. (Mick: "How hard can it be?")
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »

If you thought that would change my mind, I knew those people were pieces of sh*t.

So tell me again how Bill Wyman isn't a paedophile because he was fucking a girl he met when she was 14 for 4 years until he married her.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2014, 05:44:57 PM »

No one is defending them either. You're the only one who's taken that side.

I'm not defending Page and Bowie. It's just that a lot of people bash Wyman, and praise Bowie and Page, which is why I brought them up.

If you thought that would change my mind, I knew those people were pieces of sh*t.

So tell me again how Bill Wyman isn't a paedophile because he was fucking a girl he met when she was 14 for 4 years until he married her.

Okay.

I suppose he most likely is. Again, big disappointment.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 05:48:02 PM »

Now say you're sorry....
bluesno1fann
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »

Now say you're sorry....

How would YOU feel if one of your inspirations turned out to be a paedo?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »

Okay.

'Most likely'?

I stand by my earlier point. You are a horrifying piece of shite.

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2014, 05:56:21 PM »

Now say you're sorry....

a tad ironic here that your avatar pic is of a guy named Dennis Wilson?
bluesno1fann
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »

Okay.

'Most likely'?

It's kinda hard to sink in. And I really don't appreciate you calling me that. Read my reply to Hal
halblaineisgood
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2014, 06:07:32 PM »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:06:11 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »

Okay.

'Most likely'?

It's kinda hard to sink in. And I really don't appreciate you calling me that. Read my reply to Hal

Really, defending paedophilia is the icing on the cake of rape jokes, general idiocy and nazi apologism you've posted on the board. You have no redeeming qualities.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2014, 06:11:29 PM »

Okay.

'Most likely'?

Really, defending paedophilia is the icing on the cake of rape jokes, general idiocy and nazi apologism you've posted on the board. You have no redeeming qualities.

I didn't make Rape jokes. I don't defend paedophiles, I've realized I was wrong, and nazism was horrible
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 06:15:37 PM »

Okay.

'Most likely'?

I didn't make Rape jokes. I don't defend paedophiles, I've realized I was wrong, and nazism was horrible

you have 500 words to defend your P-Santa posts. Go on. You can dig some more.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »

Okay.

'Most likely'?

you have 500 words to defend your P-Santa posts. Go on. You can dig some more.

I'm not defending them, I was 100% wrong. It was absolutely stupid of me to make them, and I'm completely ashamed of those posts. If I could go back to when I did it, I wouldn't have done it. But you can't do that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:21:52 PM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2014, 06:28:26 PM »

Now say you're sorry....

a tad ironic here that your avatar pic is of a guy named Dennis Wilson?
Oh no I better change it. One term paper length reply coming up !

OK, I'll be grading on a curve. But you will receive extra credit for changing your avatar pic ;P
halblaineisgood
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2014, 06:33:52 PM »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:05:39 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2014, 06:35:30 PM »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:05:59 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx