gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:17:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Song: Never Going Back  (Read 2908 times)
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »

This is a short little song (as it stands right now, eventually there will be another verse or a bridge).  It's got a bit of an 80s vibe to it.  The song sort of climaxes at the end, so listen all the way through - its less than two minutes.  Smiley

https://soundcloud.com/empireoflove/never-coming-back-ix

EoL

NOTE: I've updated the link to the most recent version of the song.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:07:04 AM by Empire Of Love » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:14:43 PM »

Man I love it!

My only two suggestions would be to turn up your vocals a bit, and make your bass riff follow the chords of your song (instead of being one bass note played during the whole chorus).

But otherwise I love the progress you've made with it! Keep us updated on this.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:23:12 PM »

I like this song too. Definitely radio-worthy.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:09:54 AM »

Rab/Swedish Frog, thank you for listening and commenting.  Rab, you are right about the vocals, especially during the verse...I still need to fool with the volume but I haven't done so yet.  I still need a bass line so if anyone is willing to give it a shot let me know.

Here is a link to the most recent version of the song (link above is also updated):

https://soundcloud.com/empireoflove/never-coming-back-ix

EoL

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:13:20 PM »

Dunno why, but I quickly got an image of current Brian listening to this & enjoying. Maybe it's synthesizers. I didn't like the sonic fx at the intro, fake claps or whatever, but then, it makes here total sense, so can't complain. You said your voice is weak, but I think it's due to volume & if necessary, you can yell very well. I'll tell ya, you got pleasant voice.

If done rightly, the tune could be a decent radio hit. Agreed with SF.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 03:06:31 PM »

Thank you RR, for your kind words, I greatly appreciate your feedback.  Maybe Brian would appreciate the timpani and castanets at the end of the song?  Others have suggested turning the volume up on the vocals, maybe I'll give that a try.  Thanks again for listening and commenting.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx