-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:23:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Vivian Maier
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vivian Maier  (Read 1492 times)
Smilin Ed H
« on: July 19, 2014, 01:10:38 AM »

Stunning photographs

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-photographs-of-vivian-mayer.html
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 03:16:46 AM »

I really want to see the documentary. I first heard about her early last year, and it's really an interesting story. She invented the selfie!
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 08:10:14 AM »

I really want to see the documentary. I first heard about her early last year, and it's really an interesting story. She invented the selfie!

Go see it, it's so interesting! It creates great discussion about mental illness and art. Specifically when does something become art, artist intentions, and how we treat art once the creator is no longer around.

The story is really interesting too. I know a lot about this because John Maloof (the guy he discovered her work and made/stars in the movie) is a friend of ours and used to be an improvisor before this started taking over his life. The last time we saw him in probably late April, at the Chicago premiere, he said they have finally finished developing all the black and white but have more than 3,000 rolls of color to go through yet, and some videos that still need to be watched and cataloged.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: