gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 09:36:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alex Chilton and Brian  (Read 13541 times)
yonderhillside
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2014, 11:44:18 AM »

My first Big Star album was Third/Sister Lovers. I fell in love with it upon first listen. Highly experimental and emotive. "Kangaroo" is one of the most beautiful, harrowing songs I've ever heard. Radio City is the greatest 70's bludgeoning-power-pop album of all time. #1 Record is only slightly less substantial musically as the aforementioned, (easily disputable,) but in my opinion, contains absolute essentials per "Feel," "Ballad of El Goodo," "In The Street," "Thirteen," "My Life Is Right," alongside a handful of beautiful acoustic tracks, and still ranks among the greatest albums of all time. I Am The Cosmos, too, is a fantastic listen, most appropriately paired with Radio City.

Note - Never would have thought my first words on a Beach Boys board would be regarding Big Star.

Heresy, right?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »

Heresy, right?
Right. You could've instead posted it here: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,214.50.html

Same goes to Mr. Verlander & job. Your thoughts on Big Star didn't mention the BBs.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2014, 05:33:16 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqupS8x0i1c
Stop being so fussy.
That cat joined last December, but put up his first post just yesterday - then spent hours posting stuff.  Let him have fun, you're bound to make him nervous going after his first post.  This is a place to have fun.  Right?
Yes, you are great at using the search function.  But that thing is a bitch to use, presuming that's how you found that obscure 2006 link.  Most of those posters are long gone, and the link is D-E-A-D on arrival to our screens.  We need NOW threads - wait, THIS thread is from 2010!  I tried searching Big Star...62 pages of clipping out "star" out of "started", and "Big" as in 15 "Big" Ones, ect...  I did find one that was one page, where some of the posters didn't even like Big Star.  
I Love having you here, but let others have fun too.  Just let it go.  Nobody is going to follow any rules around here anyway.
peace on this board.  your buddy, Will
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:59:30 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2014, 06:10:07 AM »

Heresy, right?
Right. You could've instead posted it here: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,214.50.html

Same goes to Mr. Verlander & job. Your thoughts on Big Star didn't mention the BBs.

Good Heavens, yes. Duplicate threads are bad. Must use search function....
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2014, 08:45:35 AM »

Heresy, right?

Whew it's time for YOU  to meditate  Maybe get a life away from this board

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »

You know, I've now read that thread.  It's damn good, just without too many names of folks still around here.  I'm going to bump it up to the top.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx