-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Ranking the Presidents
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ranking the Presidents  (Read 8886 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »

Ranking the Presidents - Best to Worst  (Excluding William H Harrison and James Garfield)

1. Abraham Lincoln
 2. George Washington

3. Franklin Roosevelt
 4. Theodore Roosevelt
 5. Thomas Jefferson

6. Harry S Truman
 7. Dwight D Eisenhower
 8. James K Polk
 9. John F Kennedy
10.Ronald Reagan

11. Andrew Jackson
12. James Monroe
13. Woodrow Wilson
14. John Adams
15. William McKinley
16. James Madison

17. Bill Clinton
18. George Bush
19. Lyndon Johnson
20. Grover Cleveland

21. Barack Obama
22. John Quincy Adams
23. William H Taft
24. Gerald Ford
25. Calvin Coolidge

26. Martin Van Buren
27. Ulysses S Grant
28. Chester A Arthur
29. Rutherford B Hayes
30. Benjamin Harrison

31. Herbert Hoover
32. Richard Nixon
33. Jimmy Carter
34. George W Bush

35. Zachary Taylor
36. John Tyler
37. Millard Fillmore
38. Franklin Pierce
39. Warren G Harding
40. Andrew Johnson
41. James Buchanan

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:37:18 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 12:06:42 PM »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:25:58 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 01:24:54 PM »

5. Woodrow Wilson (You take away the 'row' and whatta you got? Wood. Wilson. Nuff said.)
LOL LOL LOL
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 05:31:52 PM »

21. Barack Obama

you put that piece of crap #21 !?

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »

21. Barack Obama

you put that piece of crap #21 !?

Ah, you had to know this thread was going to become a classy--and wholly fact-based and reasonable!--discussion.

Because virtually everyone is incapable of saying anything remotely worthwhile, I'm with RiC on this...let's be stupid. I like Franklin Pierce most because he was a drunk. (Ditto for Grant.) And Chester Arthur had sweet mutton chops. So they get my votes.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 05:45:34 PM »

obama is a worthless president. is that classier for ya  Wink ?

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
bluesno1fann
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 05:51:54 PM »

I'd fully rank if I could but:

I'm not American, and

While I am quite knowledgable about 20th Century presidents, I'm hopeless with the pre-Lincoln presidents with a few exceptions (Washington, Adams, Adams Jr., Jefferson, Van Buren). And seriously, that stretch between Polk and Buchanan would wipe you out!  LOL

But if I had to pick Presidents that I'd rank highly, I'd pick Theodore Roosevelt, JFK, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagen.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »

No. If we were going to argue substantively, I'd ask how a person could even rank him in that he can't get anything passed due to an obstructionist House and a minority party whose stated (failed) goal was first making him a one-term president. I'm not even saying where I'd rank him, which is moot in that he hasn't been able to get anything done through no fault of his own. I'm just saying, well, that. He's president over the most laughably (if you're feeling charitable ... hand-wringingly do-nothing if you're not) pathetic congress ever.

All that said, I do think a certain amount of decorum is a nice idea. So calling anyone, including presidents, a piece of crap is in poor taste, in my opinion.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »

But if I had to pick Presidents that I'd rank highly, I'd pick ... Jimmy Carter....

That's a rare pick.

It's also interesting that your picks included Carter and Reagan, who were pretty much diametrically opposed in virtually every policy matter.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »

But if I had to pick Presidents that I'd rank highly, I'd pick ... Jimmy Carter....

That's a rare pick.

It's also interesting that your picks included Carter and Reagan, who were pretty much diametrically opposed in virtually every policy matter.

Eh, they both did different great things.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 01:38:44 AM »

Hmm, well I'm going to have to go with:

1. Chris Ballew
2. Dave Dederer
3. Jason Finn
4. Andrew McKeag

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the band leader/guy who writes the songs, so my favorite has to be Chris Ballew. He carried the band, wrote the "important" songs, and carries on in a solo career. Next up, I have to go with Dave. Despite his leaving the band ten years ago, I feel he was a very important part of the band and helped to create the band's sound with his guitbass to Ballew's basitar. Also, he started to pitch in and help to write some songs as they got further into their career. He seemed to drop out at the right time, as the band seems to be going down without him. Third up is Jason Finn, the drummer. Now, people may disagree with me, but, for the most part, I find that drummers are replaceable. Also, he's involved in something called W00tfest (which I refuse to investigate), so he gets knocked to the worst original member. In last place, we have Andy McKeag. To be fair, it isn't entirely his fault that the band seems to be faultering, but there certainly is a correlation (which does not imply causation). He hasn't had much time to prove himself, and I will be waiting, ready to reevaluate, when he decides to step his game up. The ball's in your court, McKeag.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:42:48 AM by Wrong. %96 » Logged
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 02:21:10 AM »

Better lock this thread before Bean Bag finds it.

Please delete my account
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:54 AM »

1. Mario Götze
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »

1. Charles Logan
2. James Heller
3. David Palmer
4. Allison Taylor
5. Noah Daniels
6. Wayne Palmer
7. John Keeler

halblaineisgood
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 11:35:34 AM »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:23:29 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 06:18:54 PM »

Please tell us why he's so worthless Gertie! And after you're done tell us why Sarah Palin or Rick Perry would've been wonderful choices instead!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »

Only presidents I know anything about (Bush and Obama) would be on the tail end of the list. Major pointless wars, open borders, widespread domestic spying, trillions in defense funding - pennies for the space program...smh.

So I'm ranking the top 5 movie presidents instead:

1. Harrison Ford (Air Force One)
2. Morgan Freeman (Deep Impact)
3. Richard Nixon (All The Presidents Men)
4. Bill Pullman (Independence Day)
5. John F. Kennedy (Forrest Gump)

'Merica w00t!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 06:56:25 PM »

Obama is my favorite, because he's the only President I have voted for thus far. He also likes Bob Dylan.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 01:37:50 PM »

Ranking the Presidents - Best to Worst  (Excluding William H Harrison and James Garfield)

1. Abraham Lincoln
 2. George Washington

3. Franklin Roosevelt
 4. Theodore Roosevelt
 5. Thomas Jefferson

6. Harry S Truman
 7. Dwight D Eisenhower
 8. James K Polk
 9. John F Kennedy
10.Ronald Reagan

11. Andrew Jackson
12. James Monroe
13. Woodrow Wilson
14. John Adams
15. William McKinley
16. James Madison

17. Bill Clinton
18. George Bush
19. Lyndon Johnson
20. Grover Cleveland

21. Barack Obama
22. John Quincy Adams
23. William H Taft
24. Gerald Ford
25. Calvin Coolidge

26. Martin Van Buren
27. Ulysses S Grant
28. Chester A Arthur
29. Rutherford B Hayes
30. Benjamin Harrison

31. Herbert Hoover
32. Richard Nixon
33. Jimmy Carter
34. George W Bush

35. Zachary Taylor
36. John Tyler
37. Millard Fillmore
38. Franklin Pierce
39. Warren G Harding
40. Andrew Johnson
41. James Buchanan

Why exclude Garfield?  I think he was reasonably good, for his brief tenure.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 11:07:37 AM »

Better lock this thread before Bean Bag finds it.
Well I am the only one who has strong political views (ha!)

Nevertheless, I'm seriously impressed that someone could rank them all.  I could only rank those of my own lifetime. I assume historians have agendas and are constantly reworking "the facts" to suit their own agenda. For example the Demorat party is the party of slavery and segregation -- just as they today. But that's not how they're propagandized. They're presented as the Party of compassion for the downtrodden. Yet in reality they're the Party of slave labor (via pro-illegal immigration) and the Party of the phony "minimum" wage lie -- which only serves to create the thirst for it.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 11:24:34 AM »

To assume a modern party has anything to do with its historical roots is absurd. Parties, whatever their particular philosophical geneses, evolve or malignantly mutate over time along with society to achieve their one and only real reason for existence: winning (i.e., gaining or keeping power). To pretend there are grand, generation-spanning plans beyond that is giving them far too much credit.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »

Or, mr. Captain, I'm right as referenced by my generational spanning example. Once the party of tyranny, always the party of tyranny, unfortunately.

Wish you were right though. It serves me no purpose to be right (or wrong) on this issue, wouldn't you agree?

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 03:00:17 PM »

I don't believe your example is accurate, in that I don't believe the democratic party is one of tyranny or that its policies on immigration could be construed as a continuation of slave labor. For one, the current (democratic) administration has been deporting more illegal immigrants and has increased border security more than its republican predecessors. I'm guessing the closest thing to slave labor that you may be referencing is the somewhat blind eye historically turned toward illegal immigrants who come here to do business mostly off the books as migrant workers. This is not a democratic issue, but a capitalistic one, and has persisted under republican administrations as well.

Realistically speaking, when people live in a depressed and/or dangerous place and see an opportunity elsewhere to better their and their families' circumstances, it stands to reason that they'll try to take advantage of it. And our employers, farm or factory or restaurant, are all too happy to underpay and mistreat them.

If you meant something else by slave labor, by all means clarify.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

The borders, right now, are anything but "secure."

I suspect you're not entirely aware of the current situation, since it is only being covered by what the progressives have successfully branded as "extremist" or "right-wing" media.  But don't take my word for it.

Regarding slave labor -- yes I'm referring to illegal immigration.  The Demorats own it. Just as they own the minimum wage farce, which funds it. Cause and effect. Republican's blind eye is shameful, but let's not cut off our nose...

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »

I neither said nor implied the borders were secure. I'm not entirely sure why you think I'd be less informed than anyone else regarding the current situation. I don't see any point to this conversation. (I feel like I've said that to you before. I don't mean it in a derogatory way, I just feel like we're working from different concepts of reality.)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: