gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:31:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oneness  (Read 3976 times)
rogerlancelot
« on: June 01, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »

I'm really just beginning to mix this project due this fall (2014). I would love any feedback.

Lyrics - Emmanuel Itier
Music - Eric Lapp (me)
Vocals - Kevin Ridel

This one is "Tucson, AZ" and I'll probably add a couple of more guitar parts but here's an early mix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqao8nvkrtrw9ag/Tucson%20AZ%20-%20Mix%20%232%20%2805-31%29.mp3

Edit: New link below
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:50:45 PM by Roger The Shrubber » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:42:11 AM »

Song kind of reminds me of Jimmy Webb for some reason. I'm glad you were able to become unstuck and free yourself from the sandbox.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »

Thanks. I know that Jimmy Webb is a producer and arranger but is he also a multi-instrumentalist as well (ie: the whole band)?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:05 PM »

This is my new favorite posted on the board. Cool rhythm, catchy verses & of course, I enjoyed the "forest" vocs on the back, they remind a bit of "Trader". As for the arr., great "jack-of-all-trades" work! Thanks for the link, Mr. Shrubber!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 02:00:19 AM »

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:28:37 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
rogerlancelot
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »

Thanks. I know that Jimmy Webb is a producer and arranger but is he also a multi-instrumentalist as well (ie: the whole band)?
Lyrics reminded me of him. Nice chords , too. I think I have a song with that exact same progression during the chorus, maybe sometime if I can dig it up...

Thanks again (and to RangeRoverA1 as well). Halblaineisgood, maybe we should collaborate on something. For the Oneness project, I've just been piling up tons of backing tracks and these guys in LA (I'm in Vegas) pick them and add their vocals/lyrics. I go there at least once a month because I'm also involved with a rock opera (The Lottery) out there. Point being if you also have a home recording studio, we could work on a song together or something even bigger trading wav files through Dropbox.

Per Jimmy Webb: as I was cleaning and rearranging my studio yesterday, I listened to The Magic Garden by the 5th Dimension (still love "Requiem") but then when I followed it up with one of the new Zeppelin remaster bonus cds (II) it kind of blew it away. Rock and roll, baby!

Per lyrics on Oneness: all written by French film maker Emmanuel Itier and sung by AM Radio front man Kevin Ridel. I just write and record backing tracks and see which ones they pick. Then they send me wavs of the vocals and I match them in my project and mix away. It's much more fun than designing and selling shrubberies. Look for me on Facebook (Eric Lapp) for more whacky adventures.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 03:56:44 PM »

The album is finished (as of July 14th, 2014). The band is called We Come In Peace and the album is called In Oneness. I say "band" but I played all of the instruments myself of course. It's being used to help promote Emmanuel Itier and Sharon Stone's next movie about PEACE. And how can you say something bad about that? Of course I look forward to some bashing and laughing about it, but...

Azn

One more share. This song is called "Wave" and is an ever-changing waltz:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dadjng2i6yv6i5b/10%20Wave.mp3

Emmanuel Itier - lyrics
Eric Lapp - music
Kevin Ridel - vocals

Release date is sometime next week.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »

We were surfing on the wave
With our wide opened wings
Pretending to be brave