gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:20:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board Members Coming Together  (Read 24276 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 12:06:58 PM »

Surfer has Down Syndrome?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 03:15:29 PM »

Your comment to Clay was both unnecessary and mildly condescending, a combination which seems to be both your MO and your forte. Try not stirring the pot for once. You might get to like it.   Roll Eyes

The current nonsense is nothing in historic terms: we've had mass defections, group bannings and the MB equivalent of pistols at dawn. Thing is, I don't think we've lost anyone irreplaceable but, as one Marx, G. once said, "in your case I'm willing to make an exception".  Grin
Suggest you read what I wrote very attentively. You're the one who stirrs the pot with your last bit in quotes. I only stated fact that Surfer has Down Syndrome & everyone should be equal before the rules - does such an innocent sentence warrant deletion of account? Does it sound like I made fun of him? Course not, & the mods agreed with me, given they didn't ban me.

This time... tread very carefully.  Cool

As for the Legendary bit, as explained before, bestowed upon me by John Tobler back in the 80s.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 05:50:29 AM »

What kind of awful person calls me an awful person?? Those awful people are awfully wrong. Why can't they change and realize the changed people have changed and change the way they treat the change of the people who have changed   ?!?!!?

Yes you have changed.
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »

Let's all be friends here. We don't need all this bickering and arguing.  group hug
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 03:26:45 PM »

After the events on a certain recent thread and the hateful bile from certain members on it, I've given up hope on this ever happening.

debates are normal, but you know something's wrong when you have multiple people complaining about the negativity on this board. something's gotta change, somewhere.

Yeah. Especially when arguments degenerate into one-sided personal insults. Like a "Horrible piece of shite who has no redeeming factors". What kind of awful person says unapologetic sh*t like that? Especially when that person uses inaccurate and exaggerated examples. And what some people don't understand is that people change. Yet these people don't change their attitude towards the changed people and even after they admit they're wrong, those jerks still act like mega-arseholes towards the changed people and hold grudges.

It saddens me to see people with so much pure hate in them. Those people don't belong on forums and are a major detriment to the people who actually want peace around here.

You haven't changed yet.

From all your senseless hitler defending, to your senseless rape jokes, to your senseless paedophile defending....

Why don't you think about what you're posting?

And why shouldn't I hate you? If you genuinely think Hitler wasn't awful, rape is a laughing matter, and that 14 year girls are fair game sexually, everyone here should hate you. The balls in YOUR court here, not mine. Don't cry about your hurt feelings when you so obviously don't care about the feelings of others.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

After the events on a certain recent thread and the hateful bile from certain members on it, I've given up hope on this ever happening.

debates are normal, but you know something's wrong when you have multiple people complaining about the negativity on this board. something's gotta change, somewhere.

Yeah. Especially when arguments degenerate into one-sided personal insults. Like a "Horrible piece of shite who has no redeeming factors". What kind of awful person says unapologetic sh*t like that? Especially when that person uses inaccurate and exaggerated examples. And what some people don't understand is that people change. Yet these people don't change their attitude towards the changed people and even after they admit they're wrong, those jerks still act like mega-arseholes towards the changed people and hold grudges.

It saddens me to see people with so much pure hate in them. Those people don't belong on forums and are a major detriment to the people who actually want peace around here.

You haven't changed yet.

From all your senseless hitler defending, to your senseless rape jokes, to your senseless paedophile defending....

Why don't you think about what you're posting?

And why shouldn't I hate you? If you genuinely think Hitler wasn't awful, rape is a laughing matter, and that 14 year girls are fair game sexually, everyone here should hate you. The balls in YOUR court here, not mine. Don't cry about your hurt feelings when you so obviously don't care about the feelings of others.

Please listen to me carefully.

I NEVER defended Hitler. He was an awful, awful person.
I don't think Rape is a laughing matter. As I said, I deeply regret those jokes, and I wish I could have never said it.
And I don't defend Paedophilia. And I've realized I was wrong. I was in denial about Bill Wyman, but you're right about him.

I do try to be careful about what I post, especially recently. And I've talked to many other posters about it, and they agree.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:43:38 PM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »

Hypehat, I've sent you 2 PM's which you've both totally ignored. I'm posting these in the hope that you reply to them.

If I've offended you, I apologize.

I admit I've posted a lot of stupid sh*t in the past, much of which I regret. I've grown up a bit during the year I've been here, and I try to be careful when I post these days.  I've never defended Nazism, it was a vile ideology which was a product of it's times. The PaedoSanta sh*t, I was completely wrong
As for the latest discussion, I didn't paedophilia at all, in fact I made it clear that it makes me sick. I'm certain now that Bill Wyman was a paedophile for having sex with Mandy Smith in the 1980's. It's quite hard for me to realize even now, and it's still sinking in. It saddens me to think about it.

I've admitted that he was a paedophile on the thread and that I was clearly wrong.

Look, I'm not a perfect person. In fact, I can be an arsehole. But it doesn't mean I don't have feelings, and what you said quite upset me. I only want to make things right now, I hope you can help my by supporting that.

Please stop believing fake sh*t about me and at least give me a chance and listen to me.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »

I don't care how sorry you are. Just change how you post. The fact that you're the only poster ever in the history of this board to say 'well, hitler wasn't as bad as Mao or Stalin', make sh*t 'P-Santa' rape jokes, and say that a 49 year old man and a 14 year old child had a legit relationship makes me severely doubt your character.

I'm not sorry I hurt your feelings. Thanks for posting PMs on the board, if i'd responded that'd be a bannable offence but as it stands....

I don't care how sorry you are. If you're genuinely that sorry, BE A BETTER PERSON.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 04:21:05 PM »

I don't care how sorry you are. Just change how you post. The fact that you're the only poster ever in the history of this board to say 'well, hitler wasn't as bad as Mao or Stalin', make sh*t 'P-Santa' rape jokes, and say that a 49 year old man and a 14 year old child had a legit relationship makes me severely doubt your character.

I'm not sorry I hurt your feelings. Thanks for posting PMs on the board, if i'd responded that'd be a bannable offence but as it stands....

I don't care how sorry you are. If you're genuinely that sorry, BE A BETTER PERSON.

I genuinely think that Stalin's a worse person who did worse things and killed far more people. But that's not defending Hitler. Not at all. If saying one brutal tyrant's worse than another is such a bad thing to say, then I don't know what to say. I've been careful not to make jokes like the P-Santa ones since then, and I again wish I didn't say it. That one I was completely wrong about and there's no defending it. Not that I'm trying. As for the last part, I was in denial until now. I admit it.

I do genuinely try to improve myself. Like at one stage, I was posting so much that it started coming off as spam to others, and people started getting angry. Since then I've limited how much I post, and try to take advice from others.

As I said in the PM, I only want to make things right. I hope you'll at least support me on that.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »

I genuinely think that Stalin's a worse person who did worse things and killed far more people. But that's not defending Hitler. Not at all. If saying one brutal tyrant's worse than another is such a bad thing to say, then I don't know what to say. I've been careful not to make jokes like the P-Santa ones since then, and I again wish I didn't say it. That one I was completely wrong about and there's no defending it. Not that I'm trying. As for the last part, I was in denial until now. I admit it.

I do genuinely try to improve myself. Like at one stage, I was posting so much that it started coming off as spam to others, and people started getting angry. Since then I've limited how much I post, and try to take advice from others.

As I said in the PM, I only want to make things right. I hope you'll at least support me on that.

I know you feel like you need to have the last word on everything, but in a lot of these issues you get yourself involved it would be better for you if you just stopped posting.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 04:34:10 PM »

it would be better for you if you just stopped posting.

oh no, what a mean hypehat.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »

I know you feel like you need to have the last word on everything, but in a lot of these issues you get yourself involved it would be better for you if you just stopped posting.

Yeah, that's a bad habit of mine that I need to work on.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »

^ the last word
 LOL
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:48:26 PM by Woodstock » Logged

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 03:01:46 AM »

Could all the people who are arguing settle it in pms please  Sad? that would be greatly appreciated.

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 04:33:43 PM »

WTF is going on with this place lately?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »

Could all the people who are arguing settle it in pms please  Sad? that would be greatly appreciated.

Agreed.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2014, 10:11:23 PM »

There has noticeably been many, many people (I refuse to name names) who are quite bitter about past events and refuses to move on from it. This is a minority, but the inability to move is is a serious detriment in the efforts to bring peace around here for the benefit of this forum and everyone in it.

Was about to post something like this before realising I posted it already. But is completely applies.

I'll say it again, if people would just drop idiotic grudges, forgive, move on, and (in some cases) grow the f*** up, then there would be a hell of a lot less negativity around here. Why can't some people get it into their heads?

I just hope the continued hatred from different people, and the actions by those people doesn't lead to more people giving up and leaving the forum.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2014, 10:16:39 PM »

Amen to that

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

I'll say it again, if people would just drop idiotic grudges, forgive, move on, and (in some cases) grow the f*** up, then there would be a hell of a lot less negativity around here. Why can't some people get it into their heads?

I just hope the continued hatred from different people, and the actions by those people doesn't lead to more people giving up and leaving the forum.

Sadly, although the first two are eminently possible, certain posters (past and present) will no more move on than they will ever grow up. Because they have repeatedly demonstrated they are congenitally incapable of so doing.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2014, 05:36:11 PM »

Sadly, although the first two are eminently possible, certain posters (past and present) will no more move on than they will ever grow up. Because they have repeatedly demonstrated they are congenitally incapable of so doing.

Agreed, AGD.

It's sad to see an old grudge dictate the majority of a users posts, whether its insults or attempts to make them look bad. You see way too much of that these days.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:38:03 PM by The Real Jarhead » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 04:29:36 AM »

Coda: can't speak for anyone else, but I've no intention of bailing on this place (although there's always a strong possibility of being pushed) because past experience tells me that sooner or later the major league asshats can't help themselves and get permanently banned. This is simply the best, most knowledgeable BB forum there is and the percentage of morons is, generally, very low. Just so happens that now and then they become more visible. Like now.

Contained therein is, of course, an overwhelming reason why I should never, and never will, be a mod on this forum: certain posters wouldn't last a week. I may have a low flashpoint for idiots, but for idiots with an agenda my tolerance is effectively non-existent.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2014, 12:50:18 AM »

Agreed completely with AGD.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:39:04 PM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2014, 04:41:46 PM »

Agreed, AGD.

It's sad to see an old grudge dictate the majority of a users posts, whether its insults or attempts to make them look bad. You see way too much of that these days.

You are a foul fucking hypocrite, Tarot.

You have no right whatsoever to say that considering everything you did on the All Pink Floyd Fan Network.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2014, 04:44:10 PM »

Woah buddy... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bluesno1fann
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2014, 04:54:43 PM »

Woah buddy... Roll Eyes

Me and a few mates collected overwhelming evidence that the user Tarot Mandrews is Woodstock.
He only joined up to start a unsuccessful hate campaign against me there (which ultimately backfired). In the process he acted like an arrogant sociopath, created several other fake accounts to support him, traumatized one member, and pissed off nearly everyone else. When he realized that we found out who he was, he immediately started asking for his account to be deleted,  and all his posts deleted. The latter didn't happen, but his account was deleted. Had he not requested that, he would have been permanently banned.
Right to the end, he was unrepentant.    
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx