gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:06:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board Members Coming Together  (Read 24277 times)
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2014, 09:35:39 PM »

It's pretty safe to say that a lot of people are tired of the bickering that's been spewing up all over the board for the past few months.  debates have grown into harassment and nobody here deserves that.  Some people have a hard time moving on but the best thing for us all to do is to move on, holding grudges won't help anybody and the mods can't break up every fight that occurs, especially if they occur rapidly. "Love and Mercy".  Whether you're a fan of Brian, Dennis, Carl, Mike, Al, Bruce, David, Blondie, Ricky, or the rest, or whether you're a fan of SMiLE, Pet Sounds, Sunflower, Today, or Stars and Stripes, we're all here for the BB and they should be the main center of attention here not useless arguments.  this isn't a perfect world and no one here is perfect so arguments will happen now and then and innocent debates are fine, but not when it turns into harassment from other members. some people probably won't ever come on friendly terms with each other, but if it's like that, they should keep it in pms or just simply avoid each other.  this board will be celebrating a 10 year anniversary in 2015; I know we still have a few months to go but we shouldn't go into it with half of the board members hating each other.  it's about time we all came together and let what's in the past stay in the past and keep moving forward.  The BB are known for perfecting their harmonies, so as a board, we also need to perfect our harmony.  group hug
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:08:24 AM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »

Retrokid, c'mere and gimme a hug.  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:49:45 PM »

It's pretty safe to say that a lot of people are tired of the bickering that's been spewing up all over the board for the past few months.  debates have grown into harassment and nobody here deserves that.  Some people have a hard time moving on but the best thing for us all to do is to move on, holding grudges won't help anybody and the mods can't break up every fight that occurs, especially if they occur rapidly. "Love and Mercy".  Whether you're a fan of Brian, Dennis, Carl, Mike, Al, Bruce, David, Blondie, Ricky, or the rest, or whether you're a fan of SMiLE, Pet Sounds, Sunflower, Today, or Stars and Stripes, we're all here for the BB and they should be the main center of attention here not useless arguments.  this isn't a perfect world and no one here is perfect so arguments will happen now and then and innocent debates are fine, but not when it turns into harassment from other members. some people probably won't ever come on friendly terms with each other, but if it's like that, they should keep it in pms or just simply avoid each other.  this board will be celebrating a 10 year anniversary in 2015; I know we still have a few months to go but we shouldn't go into it with half of the board members hating each other.  it's about time we all came together and let what's in the past stay in the past and keep moving forward.  The BB are known for perfecting their harmonies, so as a board, we also need to perfect our harmony.  group hug

Agreed. Things have been getting out of hand around here lately, and things need to change.
Should also mention (just to let everyone know) that I had a bit of a hand in writing this. Both of us agreed that things have been getting out of hand around here and decided to create this post.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:58:00 PM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »

Well, I don't think things have been any more argumentative than they usually are. That said, that was a rather lovely post, retrokid.  Grin

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 09:57:28 PM »

There are mechanisms in place for folks to report harassment, and there is a crew of mods to enforce standards. Both are good and necessary. Beyond that, this is a board for discussion and debate, and I see no need for forced cheerfulness. People disagree. People don't like each other. That's life.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »

Thanks everyone, I can't take credit for this though because lots of members here had the exact same thoughts. I really hope that the peace comes back.  Sad
Rei, your "Love and Mercy" was a nice touch  Smiley

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »

Thanks everyone, I can't take credit for this though because lots of members here had the exact same thoughts. I really hope that the peace comes back.  Sad
Rei, your "Love and Mercy" was a nice touch  Smiley

I have used it in the past at least twice, but it only led some people to twist the meaning and things didn't improve. This time it applies to everyone, no exceptions.  Smiley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 10:12:42 PM »

Guess I'm just a sentimental sap but that was a very nice post  angel

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 12:51:23 AM »

Retrokid, c'mere and gimme a hug.  Grin

Hug

-Dennis Wilson
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 06:21:08 AM »

Things have been a lot better in the last week since a certain absolute cretin packed his bags. Other then that people are always going to disagree about stuff on a message board but we can at least respect others right to have an opinion that differs from our own.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 09:57:44 PM »

There has noticeably been many, many people (I refuse to name names) who are quite bitter about past events and refuses to move on from it. This is a minority, but the inability to move is is a serious detriment in the efforts to bring peace around here for the benefit of this forum and everyone in it.

Things have become quite ugly around here for a while, and I'd hate for this to continue. If you are willing to move on from past mistakes, that would be a huge step in the right direction here.

Basically, to phrase John Lennon: "All we are saying is Give Peace A Chance!"
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 12:32:19 AM »

There has noticeably been many, many people (I refuse to name names) who are quite bitter about past events and refuses to move on from it. This is a minority, but the inability to move is is a serious detriment in the efforts to bring peace around here for the benefit of this forum and everyone in it.

Things have become quite ugly around here for a while, and I'd hate for this to continue. If you are willing to move on from past mistakes, that would be a huge step in the right direction here.

Basically, to phrase John Lennon: "All we are saying is Give Peace A Chance!"

I completely agree  Transcendental Meditation

-Dennis Wilson
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 10:03:01 AM »

guess it depends on what threads you frequent, I have not noticed the board being really nasty of late...

Evil so where are the "action threads"??  Evil

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »

There are mechanisms in place for folks to report harassment, and there is a crew of mods to enforce standards. Both are good and necessary. Beyond that, this is a board for discussion and debate, and I see no need for forced cheerfulness. People disagree. People don't like each other. That's life.
- says someone who at one point left the board. Or considered to leave.

You do realize you're not exactly encouraging people to stay on this board with replies such as this one, right? Clay once wanted to leave the board? Well in the end he didn't, so why bring that up?

I'd usually let this slide without saying anything, but I see you promoting camaraderie and friendship, and yet you're always among the first to throw the proverbial sh*t in the fan. Live by your own condescending rules.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »

"Let the chips fall where they may."

Things normally sort themselves out, and the mods are here in case they don't. There have been some nuts in the past, but things are pretty good nowadays.

RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »

This is a discussion board, right? Would there be any discussion if everybody agrees about everything? I know that most of the time I have pretty different and even radical opinions than most of the other users. And I know that obviously some people here hate me, even though I don't really understand why. Anyway, I don't even care. I admit that once I went over the line calling some people morons for spamming some otherwise good thread. I apologize that (that's even for you halblaineisgood, if you're reading this or not). But anyway, sending spam PM's and attacking people openly, or even privately, is not cool. People can disagree about stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to be enemies to each other.

Everyone should read Retrokid's post and think about it. I mean really, really think about it. It has a lot of so called wisdom in it.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 04:21:17 AM »

Your comment to Clay was both unnecessary and mildly condescending, a combination which seems to be both your MO and your forte. Try not stirring the pot for once. You might get to like it.   Roll Eyes

The current nonsense is nothing in historic terms: we've had mass defections, group bannings and the MB equivalent of pistols at dawn. Thing is, I don't think we've lost anyone irreplaceable but, as one Marx, G. once said, "in your case I'm willing to make an exception".  Grin
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:27:01 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bluesno1fann
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 04:52:27 AM »

The current nonsense is nothing in historic terms: we've had mass defections, group bannings and the MB equivalent of pistols at dawn.

Wow. I knew these to an extent, but Wow.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 07:24:28 AM »

Wow. I knew these to an extent, but Wow.

I know dude...wow...It wasn't just arguments...it was mad max stlye CARNAGE bro.

^AGD and co. back in the day  Grin

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »

AGD- The BBs Warrior Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 02:44:37 PM »

Your comment to Clay was both unnecessary and mildly condescending, a combination which seems to be both your MO and your forte. Try not stirring the pot for once. You might get to like it.   Roll Eyes

The current nonsense is nothing in historic terms: we've had mass defections, group bannings and the MB equivalent of pistols at dawn. Thing is, I don't think we've lost anyone irreplaceable but, as one Marx, G. once said, "in your case I'm willing to make an exception".  Grin

"Why, a four year old child could read this report.  Run out and get me a four year old child."

LOL

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
bluesno1fann
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 02:01:38 AM »

After the events on a certain recent thread and the hateful bile from certain members on it, I've given up hope on this ever happening.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 02:06:45 AM »

After the events on a certain recent thread and the hateful bile from certain members on it, I've given up hope on this ever happening.

debates are normal, but you know something's wrong when you have multiple people complaining about the negativity on this board. something's gotta change, somewhere.

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 02:58:04 AM »

debates are normal, but you know something's wrong when you have multiple people complaining about the negativity on this board. something's gotta change, somewhere.

Yeah. Especially when arguments degenerate into one-sided personal insults. Like a "Horrible piece of shite who has no redeeming factors". What kind of awful person says unapologetic sh*t like that? Especially when that person uses inaccurate and exaggerated examples. And what some people don't understand is that people change. Yet these people don't change their attitude towards the changed people and even after they admit they're wrong, those jerks still act like mega-arseholes towards the changed people and hold grudges.

It saddens me to see people with so much pure hate in them. Those people don't belong on forums and are a major detriment to the people who actually want peace around here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:04:00 AM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 04:09:19 AM »

These are my personal message board rules:

1. Don't get involved in flamewars. If you find that you're in one, stop posting in it, even if it means letting your antagonist have the last word.

2. If someone's got a vendetta against you, ignore them. And keep ignoring them.

3. Report abuse to mods (if you like).

4. Think about what you're saying, or might seem to be saying.

Works for me.

Please delete my account
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx