gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
634766 Posts in 25408 Topics by 3613 Members - Latest Member: Sunflower gal July 22, 2018, 11:33:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The John Lennon Peace, Love, and Appreciation Thread  (Read 13150 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »

Since we're on a John Lennon Thread, I'll add that it was George, not John et.al., whom I would consider the soulful singer of the Beatles. IMO, none of them were really great singers, but it was George's singing that reached down, yes, into my soul. 
George is best singer next to Paul. As I said before in the question, it's not about "John can sing with soul/ emotions/ things like that" but, everybody does it in different way. Everybody's got different voice, George too. He sings like this, John sings like that, Paul sings like sth. else. In short, will disagree with popular point that just few singers can be soulful.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

If you like chewing the gum - you were cow in past life. If you don't like chewing the gum - you were anybody else. (The Past, The Present, The Future.Tom 1 "The Past")

Doobie Brothers met Nancy Sinatra. She said "Hello, Brothers!" They said "We came here to meet our idols - The Muppets". Nancy stood like tool when they passed her by.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2018, 04:00:51 PM »

Gosh, I have now! Here it is. What do we think? Competition for Murry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgbVRQOnQk8

And her's the B side...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRlDUeVcTYs
I found these back in 2010. 3D Read Beatles bios, got interested in Beatles' family history, checked Beatles boards & smb. mentioned Alfred sang 2 songs. Lousy singing ofc but curio.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

If you like chewing the gum - you were cow in past life. If you don't like chewing the gum - you were anybody else. (The Past, The Present, The Future.Tom 1 "The Past")

Doobie Brothers met Nancy Sinatra. She said "Hello, Brothers!" They said "We came here to meet our idols - The Muppets". Nancy stood like tool when they passed her by.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2018, 04:37:01 PM »

The older I get, the more I realize that the mark of a good person is someone who acknowledges their mistakes and tries their hardest to be better. I think John was a great example of someone like that.
It's good for John & people around him. You didn't meet him, many fans here didn't meet him. Then it shouldn't matter what John was like, if he tried to be better etc. We musn't care. People bash Mike, fairly-not fairly, praise Brian, fairly-not fairly, but in these cases it's valid thing to do. BBs fans mainly praise Brian not due to good personality traits but music talents. Mike's bashed due to saying negative things about Wilson brothers, lame jokes, stage banter, can't play instrument etc. Nobody generally studies these 2's characters. To make it easier to read/ get, I'll say this - if smb. is good, it's good for them & immediate friends/ family. Likewise if smb. is bad person, bad for them & fam/ friends.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx