-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Reverberation 1969
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reverberation 1969  (Read 32195 times)
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2014, 12:56:50 AM »

I'm guessing Range Rover, who is fond of finding out-of-the-way English words, is using the word in it's original sense. Range Rover, the word is seldom if ever used any more in the English-speaking world to refer to anything but the genocide against the Jews by the Nazi party.

What about Nuclear Holocaust?

Also, it wasn't just the Jews who were killed in that genocide...

A fair amendment.
The point is people used to use the word to describe such trivial things as a house catching on fire and burning down, and they don't anymore. Sorry to be off-topic I don't like to see people completely misunderstanding one another.

Please delete my account
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2014, 05:00:06 AM »

If ever there was time for a time out...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2014, 06:03:39 AM »

Thanks to Mikie, retrokid, Mike's Beard, rab2591 for not engaging in all this rubbish. On-topic.

Only reason I stayed out of it is because AGD pretty much said exactly what I was thinking. RR, I don't know if it's a language barrier or what, but you do say some harsh things towards posters sometimes...and it is completely unnecessary.

What's the matter with you all? If I said publicly an apology, is it really difficult to accept it? There are far more bad things happened in the history of the board. Or is it because I'm not a BBs historian, just a random poster that you think you might go on rolling eyes on me? Not okay.

I agree. I think what some of the people said to you was worse than what you said to Surfer.

For real? Put yourself in OPs shoes for a minute - you get yammered at for starting a harmless topic, then someone calls out your disability in a very demeaning way. If you think being told to leave a Beach Boys forum is worse than that, you need to reevaluate your ethics Roll Eyes

Anyways, keep up the great posts Surfer!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2014, 09:25:48 AM »

What has Surfer said about it all? We all jump to conclusions, get on our high horses and answer for them before we let the offended speak for themselves. What a place!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2014, 09:50:34 AM »

What has Surfer said about it all? We all jump to conclusions, get on our high horses and answer for them before we let the offended speak for themselves. What a place!

And what if he isn't offended? Does that make the comments any less ignorant? Regardless of any hurt feelings, comments like that should be called out - if only so the rest of don't have to read sh*t like that in the future.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2014, 10:00:12 AM »

What has happened to this board?

Juvenile rubbish. High-school drama. Yes, I know some of you are actually in high school - but so are other posters on this board - and they can handle it just fine. And I'm sure the people I'm referring to will "call me out" publically and reply to this post, which is totally uneccessary, but they do it on every other thread here, too. And then maybe they'll post an apology thread. And then continue to keep doing the same thing over and over. And then wonder why they keep being pissed on here.

Can we just stick to talking about the Beach Boys, please? Cripes.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »

Thanks to Mikie, retrokid, Mike's Beard, rab2591 for not engaging in all this rubbish. On-topic.

It's all I can do to stay out of this B.S. All I would do is contribute to it, and I refuse.. I strongly suggest that we do what the Admin's suggest and get back on topic straight away (English term).

NOW.  Before the thread gets locked and/or somebody gets banned.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »

And what if he isn't offended? Does that make the comments any less ignorant? Regardless of any hurt feelings, comments like that should be called out - if only so the rest of don't have to read sh*t like that in the future.
First off, I am here to talk Beach Boys. Let the Mods call them out. If we stay on topic, it slowly fades away. I am not the thought police for crisesakes.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2014, 11:17:53 AM »

Was there ever any real chance of an album with the Reverberation track-list actually being released?

Fun as it is, i don't think tracks like Loop De Loop would have done the band any favours back in '69/'70. Personally, I'm glad they scrapped it and we got Sunflower instead...

Well, they got as far as preparing a master logged as "Last Capitol Album" on June 19th 1970, which included four songs - "Got To Know The Woman (in a mono mix), "All I Wanna Do", "Deirdre" & "Forever" - that were pulled and included on the Sunflower master compiled almost exactly a months later. No evidence that it was ever presented to Capitol.

I am not the thought police for crisesakes.

No, of course you're not. Everyone knows that's my job.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:21:21 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »

Well... if asking to get back on topic doesn't work, then Sandbox it is...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »

Why did a legit musical topic wind up in the Sandbox? Because some looky loo who wanted to dictate how the board is run got involved and went off-topic and started getting personal with posters? Maybe that part of the thread should be deleted. Or the entire thread. And the OP should be allowed to re-start the topic on the main board. This is the second time that other person has come on a thread and hijacked it and insisted that people should post everything under old topics, using search. That's just being a difficult troll, IMO. The topic as originally posted is not a sandbox topic.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2014, 01:15:58 PM »

How's about the mods delete the trolling and associated posts, and get back to the original intent ? I'm cool for that.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2014, 05:48:55 PM »

How's about the mods delete the trolling and associated posts, and get back to the original intent ? I'm cool for that.

At this point, seconded.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2014, 05:01:16 AM »

The techno surely exists to have all the Reverberation/Add Some Music/Sunflower tracks & outtakes on one single disc, and you simply select which of the tracklists you want to listen to at any one time.  Fully expected this thread to turn into another "Let's have a Sunflower deluxe" set discussion, which I suspect we could discuss enthusiastically for ever!

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2014, 10:23:48 AM »

Like to make a point: note the capitalisation here...

Awright, let me clarify this Holocaust situation.

When it's written like this, there can only be one possible intended meaning, and as one who has a branch of my family tree stop dead in 1941 (I have Roma ancestry: Hitler didn't like them much either), I find such trivialsation of what was a truly, truly awful event in world history to be deeply distasteful and disgusting. Hopefully the individual concerned - who, btw, has also used the tern "spastic" in an equally unpleasant context elsewhere - will be permanently barred. I have no desire to share this forum with such a vile troll.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:25:28 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2014, 01:00:06 PM »

Me too. I'm going to painstakingly review this entire thread and either remove the offending posts or lock this f*cker and have it started over from scratch.

Seriously, people, some of you seriously give me a massive headache.

When it's written like this, there can only be one possible intended meaning, and as one who has a branch of my family tree stop dead in 1941 (I have Roma ancestry: Hitler didn't like them much either), I find such trivialsation of what was a truly, truly awful event in world history to be deeply distasteful and disgusting.

Me too as welll...Dutch Jewish ancestry on my mom's side, so yeah, I feel the same way.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:01:43 PM by Starscream » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »

Wasn't this person claiming English wasn't "her" first language? I strongly suspect "her" entire persona is a put-on, and she/he is using it to say whatever the heck they want. I somehow don't think a person whose first language isn't English would be that capable of "accidentally" zeroing in on things that are peculiarly sensitive to English language speakers.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »

This is getting controversial... I'm staying out of this now!
halblaineisgood
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2014, 01:12:19 AM »

Wasn't this person claiming English wasn't "her" first language? I strongly suspect "her" entire persona is a put-on, and she/he is using it to say whatever the heck they want. I somehow don't think a person whose first language isn't English would be that capable of "accidentally" zeroing in on things that are peculiarly sensitive to English language speakers.
You just blew my mind.  Brian's Trip
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »

Like to make a point: note the capitalisation here...

Awright, let me clarify this Holocaust situation.

When it's written like this, there can only be one possible intended meaning, and as one who has a branch of my family tree stop dead in 1941 (I have Roma ancestry: Hitler didn't like them much either), I find such trivialsation of what was a truly, truly awful event in world history to be deeply distasteful and disgusting. Hopefully the individual concerned - who, btw, has also used the tern "spastic" in an equally unpleasant context elsewhere - will be permanently barred. I have no desire to share this forum with such a vile troll.

I reframed from mentioning it before, but my much-beloved nephew has Down's syndrone and it was with every ounce of my being that I managed to stop myself from going absolutely ballistic at Range Rover earlier in this thread.

A horrible person, who seems not to understand at all just how deeply unpleasant their comments are, or at least pretends not to. At best we get a flippant, grudging non-apology. Barred would suit me.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »

At this point, I'm going to close this thread. A new one can be started back up (ON TOPIC) in the main forum. Nobody is getting banned for anything in this thread, but I do advise several (not just one) posters in this thread to seriously choose your words better, I mean SERIOUSLY think before posting, and for cripes sake, if a mod tells you to get back on topic, please do it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: