gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:37:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New: House Wines and Storybooks  (Read 1472 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2014, 08:40:34 AM »

I wrote this yesterday morning and this morning and just recorded it now. It's different for me, kind of a traditional sounding folk ballad set like a hymn or some such thing, no verse-chorus-bridge kind of structure, just verses over the same musical block. It's just one guitar and one voice. Hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/the-beau-mondes/house-wines-and-storybooks

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:24:30 AM »

I love this tune....the lyrics especially. The chords and melody flow real smoothly together. Great job!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »

I love this tune....the lyrics especially. The chords and melody flow real smoothly together. Great job!

Thanks, rab, I appreciate that.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »

I especially like the lyrics, I'll have to give the tune a few more listens before I can judge.  It didn't grab me, but then it's not in a "grab me" kind of style to begin with.  Thanks for posting.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 05:03:02 PM »

Thank you for the nice words. I am surprised at people liking the lyrics much, since they were pretty hastily put together, but I am grateful and I do like some of them a lot. Honestly the line "House pinot, house burgundy, house cabernet" was what led to the song--I wrote it on a post-it while drinking the former of the three. I thought of that and thought about Dylan's nods to pre-rock songs, which is what I had in mind. Don't misunderstand, I am in no way comparing myself remotely, just saying that's what I had in mind.

As for the tune, I kind of liked it but mostly in an inoffensive, "you can sing this for a few verses" kind of way. Just an old folk song (that isn't old).

Again, thanks for listening and writing.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx