gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 09:15:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manson and Dennis Wilson  (Read 5513 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »

When Dennis went into his house and saw Manson for the first time did he shake his hand or tell him to get out?
This is my Personal Opinion and why would someone like Dennis be Stupid  to let in a Killer.  police

I had a fast Life
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:54:37 PM »

Nobody knew about Manson at that time, including Dennis (The Tate-Labianca murders hadn't happened yet). Dennis liked Manson at first because Manson had charisma, girls and drugs. After the murders happened Dennis wanted NOTHING to do with Manson or his so called 'Family'. I doubt that anybody truly knows what Dennis's exact reaction was when he came home to find Manson and his gang of weirdos hanging out at his mansion. And I doubt that the scenes from Summer Dreams or American Family are accurate.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:11:11 PM by Garneau Mike Woonsocket » Logged

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »

According to Neil Young, Manson hung out on the Sunset Strip at the time and no one thought he was particularly threatening.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 08:39:21 PM »

I'm under the impression that long before the murders, Dennis had enough of Manson.  Even at his worst, Dennis was never a complete loser and always had ambition, true talent... and was a kind soul at heart even if sometimes he could be a complete prick.  Manson's mooching would get old, even to Dennis, after awhile.  Everybody has friends like this... maybe they don't end up being involved in a bloodbath but everybody has 'friends' that have outstayed their welcome, that was the situation between Dennis & Chuck.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »

I was just in Barnes & Noble today, & by coincidence was looking at this   http://www.amazon.com/Manson-Life-Times-Charles/dp/1451645163/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1404448615&sr=1-1&keywords=Charles+manson
in the bargain book section (less than a year after publication; guess the fascination with Manson has dropped). There are several pages mentioning "Cease To Exist"/"Never Learn Not To Love"; the story here is that Manson was REALLY disappointed that Dennis changed the lyrics without permission and claimed 100% credit because Manson thought his version was his ticket to a big career in music. Dennis was spared serious trouble, the book claims, only because Manson still hoped to get his foot in the door via others who knew Dennis, such as Terry Melcher. Didn't see anything about the house issue but the index lists many page references I didn't read to Dennis/Brian/Beach Boys.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 12:52:09 AM »

I'm under the impression that long before the murders, Dennis had enough of Manson. 

You're right, the Manson clan bled Dennis dry so he started avoiding them, even moving out of his own house where they staying. Manson still tracked him down whenever he wanted a handout but it was the Never Learn Not to Love incident that killed their friendship for good.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 03:28:30 AM »

There are *so* many threads on this topic, including some with feedback from Steve Desper who was actually present for some of the sessions. The search function is your friend.

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 03:53:00 AM »

There are *so* many threads on this topic, including some with feedback from Steve Desper who was actually present for some of the sessions. The search function is your friend.

thank you

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 04:23:47 AM »

Start here and continue through the topic, enjoy:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,12729.msg273557.html#msg273557

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
RioGrande
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 05:49:04 AM »

Sorry but I'll resume my old trolling ways when I sniff trolling (or bullshit of any kind). A bit like "ethical hackers", you know.  police

So:

I once had a physician who was later convicted for fraud. That's about as relevant to my pedigree as Manson was relevant for Dennis.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:50:04 AM by RioGrande » Logged
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 07:00:49 AM »

Sorry but I'll resume my old trolling ways when I sniff trolling (or bullshit of any kind). A bit like "ethical hackers", you know.  police

So:

I once had a physician who was later convicted for fraud. That's about as relevant to my pedigree as Manson was relevant for Dennis.

No trolling going on here. Surfer's legit. You should read this thread and watch his videos. He's a great air drummer!

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17608.0.html

Hey, Surfer! The thing about Manson was that nobody thought he was anything more than your average hippie at the time. There were strange communes and cult groups springing up all over the place in the 60's and he just seemed to be one more.  I think Dennis thought the whole hippie lifestyle was cool at first.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 07:07:33 AM »

So:

No trolling going on here.
Yes, it is, I agree with RioGrande. Next time don't answer his question, he never take notice of it anyway.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 07:49:10 AM »

There is a lot of "mod-ing" goin on by non-mods here lately. Let Surfer have his thread.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »

There is a lot of "mod-ing" goin on by non-mods here lately. Let Surfer have his thread.

For reals. Either chip in something useful or move on.

Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »

For reals. Either chip in something useful or move on.
But that would make duplicate threads. Oh how TERRIBLE that would be.  Roll Eyes  LOL
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 06:36:19 PM »

Imagine, it's the swinging 60's and you pick up a couple of pretty young hitchhikers and take then home and have sex with them (ignoring the alleged fact that one of them was Patricia Krenwinkle) and then the next night, you come home to find an entire harem of pretty young women there who will do whatever you want ...... Oh yeah, and there's this little scrawny "Wizard" guy who seems to be their leader. That being the only visible shoe to drop, I think you'd likely just put up with the guy.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 06:56:49 PM »

So:

No trolling going on here. Surfer's legit. You should read this thread and watch his videos. He's a great air drummer!

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17608.0.html

Sadly, he capitalizes common nouns, which is even worse than trolling.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RioGrande
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

Good point.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 08:34:23 PM »

Start here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClBfaGPD0mI&list=PLBw1C0dO-PU3P8Mn6OQWw-iGHZ1WPxBAc
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »

Actually, this will get you there:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoeD1G6dpE&list=PLBw1C0dO-PU3P8Mn6OQWw-iGHZ1WPxBAc&index=2
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 11:42:03 PM »

Imagine, it's the swinging 60's and you pick up a couple of pretty young hitchhikers and take then home and have sex with them (ignoring the alleged fact that one of them was Patricia Krenwinkle)

Thing is, they were both dogs. The other girl was Ella Jo Bailey who was less attractive then Pat. 'The Wood' really couldn't keep it in his pants.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2014, 02:28:56 AM »

Imagine, it's the swinging 60's and you pick up a couple of pretty young hitchhikers and take then home and have sex with them (ignoring the alleged fact that one of them was Patricia Krenwinkle) and then the next night, you come home to find an entire harem of pretty young women there who will do whatever you want ...... Oh yeah, and there's this little scrawny "Wizard" guy who seems to be their leader. That being the only visible shoe to drop, I think you'd likely just put up with the guy.

Plus, we're talking Dennis Wilson here. If it had a pulse, The Wood was there.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2014, 02:54:16 PM »

Plus, we're talking Dennis Wilson here. If it had a pulse, The Wood was there.

I hope he at least "got to know the woman" regarding Sadie or Leslie Van Houten!

Can you imagine watching the news and seeing two people you knew well, had been with, etc up for the most gruesome and horrifying kind of murder??
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2014, 04:38:04 PM »

I've never seen a woman like Sadie before; can look either totally stunning or a complete mutt, it's mind boggling.

Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2014, 05:01:49 PM »

linda casabian looks like a tool.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx