gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:16:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member Here  (Read 4747 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:37:52 AM »

Hi everyone!  I'm glad to have joined, even if it took a few weeks for the admins to activate my account.  LOL  Of course I'm a big Beach Boys fan.  I'm 18, but I pretty much grew up with them.  The very first song I can remember hearing was Kokomo on an episode of the Muppets.  My dad always had on the oldies radio station.  I loved listening to the Beach Boys, Beatles, Four Seasons, etc.  However in 2007 that station began to play 80s music.  That turned out to mean they would rarely play 60s music anymore.  So my dad listened less and I began to listen to new pop music since that's what my mom always had on.  But at that point I had pretty much lost my interest in music.  That began to change in 2009 when I got an ipod for Christmas.  I mostly put new music on there, but I didn't forget what I used to love.  At that time, though I liked the Beatles a lot more than the Beach Boys.  I gradually regained my interest in music, but the Beach Boys were not really a part of that.  I had a few of their songs, but the interest wasn't really there.

For whatever reason that changed in 2011.  I loved listening to those great harmonies again and I've been hooked ever since.  I was watching the Grammy's when they said the Beach Boys were coming up next I was thinking, is this really happening??  I had not been following what they were up to so I had no idea that all of them were going to be there.  Not long after I heard on the local news that they were coming to Cincinnati!  It was a dream come true for me as I never thought I'd get to see them live, all together.  Then finding out they had a new album coming out was just icing on the cake.  The concert was amazing and something my friend and I will never forget.  Of course we all know what happened at the end of the tour, but oh well, at least I got to see them at least once.  Looking forward to Brian's album!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:38:44 AM by The Cincinnati Kid » Logged
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »

Hello Welcome to the board  Grin glad you could join!

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 12:03:50 PM »

Glad to see that you are activated and welcome to the board! Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »

Hi all,

Welcome to the Smiley Smile Messgase Board.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »

Welcome!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
OllieBop
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »

Yo Cincinnati, I'm new too. Welcome.

When you're down in New York City and the sky turns grey, nearly froze, think of Californ-I-A...
bluesno1fann
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »

Welcome to this forum! Hope you enjoy it here!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 12:14:50 AM »

Welcome TCK, and apologies for the late activation. I think it was due to holidays of several mods that caused the delay.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 06:05:30 PM »

Yeah, that was it. My apologies again, and welcome aboard ^_^

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 10:03:07 AM »

Thanks guys! 
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »

Welcome Cincinnati Kid,  The Muppets huh?  Okay, yes, that's the best place for that song.  Who sang lead?  Mike, or a Muppet?  enjoy the board, Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx