gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:49:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone ever send fan mail to Brian?  (Read 2978 times)
MadeForTheseTimes
Smiley Smile Associate

In Places Where New Things Might Be Found

View Profile WWW
« on: May 13, 2006, 08:21:17 AM »

Does he have a fan mail address? Does her read or respond to it? I'd love to write him something...is this done?

Thanks in advance.

... Jesus, that ear. He should donate it to The Smithsonian.
--Bob Dylan on Brian Wilson
Paul Childs
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »

I think a lot of us would like to write to him, Don't know if there is anything.
Probably be too many letters for him to reply to.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 06:06:29 PM »

You can post on the Blue Board.  That about as close as you might get to having him read or respond to what you have to say, and that's become rare.  As it was, a lot of people were convinced it was Melinda responding in his name, either all the time or some of the time.  So, you at least have the chance Melinda will read your message, and maybe call it to Brian's attention if it's interesting.  I did get a response to something I posted on the Blue Board when it first started in 2000,  from Brian, or Melinda (I'd like to think in my case, it was Brian, because it didn't seem like something Melinda would be interested in).
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 06:10:17 PM »

What did you post, that caught his eye?

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 09:01:10 PM »

It was about the 2000 election recount.  A bunch of Republicans (not that I have anything against Republicans) were pouncing on Brian for sending the Supreme Court a telegram asking for a Florida recount.  I posted that Brian was entitled to his opinion, whether you agreed with it or not, and that he wasn't the only Beach Boy to take a political stand.  Brian thanked me for supporting his point of view, and said he hoped I had a happy holiday (this was late November 2000).  Not a lot, but it was nice.  I'd like to think it was Brian, but if it was Melinda, then it was nice, also (but not quite as nice).
Lola Jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 02:06:59 AM »

I managed to catch a 'Brian' appearance on the Blueboard last November at Thanksgiving (which I believe is the last time he visited the board).  It happened totally by chance, I just happened to be there when he arrived - and, wow - he really flies through those replies (or Melinda, if suspicion's correct).  As it seems to be such a rare thing, I was both surprised and pleased that I happened to be there... especially when a lot of 'regulars' weren't.  Hang about on the Blueboard around public holidays, and you never know.

As it happened, my experience turned out to be just a short hello really, as it was so unexpected - now of course I can think of all sorts of things I'd like to ask and will probably not get the chance.  Like those knick knack things on the SMiLE lp, what are they about...? etc etc.  Anyway, expect the unexpected... Grin
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »

His address (if current) is pretty simple to track down if you buy into that. How about the old stamp and letter? I wouldn't expect a reply.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

I'd ask him for a brief over-view of his daily schedule. I find that stuff fascinating for everyone -- no matter how boring or ordinary the routine is.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 06:26:24 AM »

I'd ask him for a brief over-view of his daily schedule. I find that stuff fascinating for everyone -- no matter how boring or ordinary the routine is.

I have never registered on the blue board but I remember hanging out there around the time of BWPS's release.  Brian (or Melinda, or whoever it was) was on the board quite a bit then.

I remember one particular exchange where someone wrote in and mentioned how much they like the song "Baby Let Your Hair Grow Long" from the '88 solo album.  Brian thanked the poster but said it was not a song he was proud of.  This made me think it was really Brian posting, because I wouldn't expect Melinda to comment on a particular song in that way.

By the way, I disagree with Brian -- I love "Baby Let Your Hair Grow Long" (especially the "you've got to try a little more" part)!

"Your rent bill is high, so you work to try and get by . . . "
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 06:21:42 AM »

here is how i do it....i have known david leaf for over 20 years. i think he is a great guy, regardless of what gets posted on the boards from time to time. we have helped each other out with our "collections" during all this time, sometimes he helps me and sometimes i help him. when i would like to get something to brian i ask david if it would be ok (i don't want to bother brian at anytime) and if david says sure it's ok to do that i send it to him and he gives it to brian. i did that on brian's 50th birthday, sent a special "keep rockin' your ass off" card to him, which got a nice reply back to me.  sometimes you get lucky and even get a reply back from the man himself. so that's how i do it....

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx